PALS anyone have any info?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Camille, 18 February 2010 Social URL.

1. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Been talking to someone about PALS exercise programme you can do if refered by your doc, does anyone know what this is & what the criteria is to get refered?
    Thanks Camlle x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Chlo

Chlo Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.7%)
    Diet:
    LL / CD
    I think its just a Yorkshire thing. My clinic nurse suggested it to me last year, I think so long as you are overweight you are eligiable, though I am not sure how overweight you have to be. It means you get subsidised gym / classes at certain leisure centres. It actually sounded quite good, but I already go to a gym and don't want to give it up.

I would ring up your GP for an appointment and ask them.

4. fed-up-and-fat

fed-up-and-fat hoping for a good loss

Start Weight:
    18st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(26.17%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    We have something similar in Sussex, a subsidised gym thing, but you can only go at certain times of the day and you pay for each session rather than per month. I looked into it but decided I would rather pay monthly and have the other benefits of the membership like swimming and classes included in the monthly price. Would work out more expensive for me doing it per session.

Thats if I ever get around to joining up pmsl

5. X_Tasha_X

X_Tasha_X Silver Member

We have the same up here in the NE but i dont wanna go the gym i would just get laughed at. I'll stick to my walking :p xxx

6. Ani*me

Ani*me Full Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Im from NE also and didnt no! i will have to have a chat to my GPs about it! especialy as my GPs has a gym!

7. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Been in touch with doctors & have an appointment with the nurse tomorrow so will see how it goes then!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.