Pancake Day :-(:-(

beautifulbutterfly

Its pancake day tomorrow, I absolutely love pancakes but when i made dukan ones i was gagging, i hate omelettes and all i could taste was pure egg and had to be thrown straight away, scarred for life... ha has anyone got a dukan recipe that tastes as much as it can to the real thing i know im asking alot here lol! im even tempted to cheat thats how much i want them :-:)sigh:

I overbooked the galette and it tasted of pancake. Couldn't taste the egg! 2eggs, the oatbran,1tbsp sweetener and some salt. I never intended on pancake mind you!!

Over cooked that should be!

OK... here's my first solution - a crepe "invented" by a French person on a forum I used to use. Her pseudo was "Orlac", hence the crepe's name:

Crêpe légère d'Orlac

2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons powdered skimmed milk
1 tablespoon sweetener

You need a GOOD non stick pan. Heat it up, spoon some mixture in, and wait for the bottom to cook. It will then be easier to turn with a spatula...
You can flavour your mixture with flavourings... I sometimes put some coffee essence in mine.
OK it's not perfect but there are no tolerateds even in it. (Powdered skimmed milk is carby so it's not something to use too freely but it's fine for a couple of crepes!)

And here is the foolproof method for the best galette ever. OK it might take a little practice.

Since we've so many people just joined us I thought it might help, since everyone's first attempt is a disaster I think. You need a REALLY GOOD non stick pan. Don't worry about seperating your egg - just mix with 1.5 tbsp oatbran if you're in attack, 2 if in cruise, 1 tbsp sweetner & 1 tbsp fromage frais or quark and perhaps some flavouring (a shake of cinnamon or few drops of oil and alcohol free vanilla essence).

A savoury version would be the same without the sweetener and adding dried herbs/spices for flavour.

With your pan on the smallest ring on the lowest heat pour in your mixture and shake it around a bit to flatten and spread it out. Set a timer for no less than 10 minutes and then go away and forget about it. When your timer goes off gently edge a spatula in one side, bring it round the edges and your galette should lift up off the pan. You can flip it now and give it another 5 - 8 minutes to finish it off.

It takes a little practice but once you've got the technique the galettes are brilliant!

http://www.minimins.com/dukan-recipes/209136-foolproof-galette.html

Try the galette recipe with only egg white instead of whole egg, and that should get rid of the eggy-ness.

I confess I struggled with the galette until pancake day last year, when I finally made a good one, and I've been hooked ever since.

I flavour mine with a scraping of lemon rind and a scraping of nutmeg, then sprinkle with lemon juice and splenda, and its one of my favourite things - even when I was in stablisation I made one almost every day!

Yes I make those crepes - using only one egg or one egg and an egg white, reducing the milk powder accordingly. It can be quite fragile, esp when I overdid the milk - I just pour in a dash which is probably more than a tablespoon! - so I only fry it on one side: heat the nonstick pan really hot - tip the pancake mixture in, tilt the pan to spread evenly, turn the heat right down low, put a lid on the pan and leave well alone until the edges turn brown. Lift the lid and after the steam escapes you should see the brown edges coming away from the sides. If the middle is nice and set, then you can gently lift it out - I tend to do that by rolling it up in the pan, lifting the roll and unrolling it again on my plate. Spread with vanilla quark or Fromage frais and fold up again - YUM :)

A friend has just reminded me of another way...

OK includes a tolerated ingredient (cornflour).

1 tablespoon cornflour
egg
sweetener...

and as above with the Orlac pancake...

these things are fragile and do take a little practice :D

- just made the pancake Maintainer - its amazing!!!! Tiny sprinkle of lemon and sweetener - cant tell the difference!!! Thank you!

I tried it too, amazing :) close your eyes & you can almost pretend it's the floury doughy kind! Thank you for reposting Maintainer :)

(I made two, but luckily you can't see the disintegrated mess underneath)

image-1447560595.jpg

Look lovely guys! Well done! I've had such a long day, my oat intake was off a spoon! Couldn't be bothered to do any more- need sleep! Not something I'd repeat in a hurry! X

that looks lovely lorlypop :) almost as nice as the big fat fluffy scotch pancakes i made my hubby but had to taste test ...oops

Attachments

• 427103_10150545751458204_511693203_8744159_1896911148_n.jpg
    427103_10150545751458204_511693203_8744159_1896911148_n.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 380
Someone reminded me about pancake day so I thought I'd bring back this post!

Lovely pic here:

dukan en folie - crepe Orlac | carline.cuisineblog.fr
(look at the picture!)

2 eggs
2 level tablespoons powdered skimmed milk
1 level tablespoon sweetener
vanilla essence

Mix with a hand whisk.
Heat a non stick frying pan
One spray of fry light
Ladle in one pancake. WAIT until bottom is cooked, then it turns easily.

thanks for the bump up.

I've got a recipe at the moment,

2 eggs,
2 tblspons of yogurt
2 teasp of sweetner

Mix really really well and place drops of the mixture onto the frying pan (a very good pan as previously mentioned)
cook slowly for the first batch, when base cooked, flip.

I had these with lemon curd and they are very very tasty.

I don't know if its the yogurt, but these dont taste at all like omlettes, and a lot more like pancakes, even smell like them cooking LOL

Back