Pancake rant!

I just checked the syns of ready made pancakes and Waitrose do one that is 60g and 5.5 syns on all plans. So you can have 2 with lemon juice and sweetner (that swear word!) for 11 syns.

Yum!

That's really useful to know Ellebear. Great to know we can still have 2 'normal' pancakes and stay within syns for the day! x

there are many others available in the chilled sections - ranging from 5.5 to 7/8 syns per 60g size pancake.

The little scotch ones (like Mcdonalds) are around the 4 syns mark - so they are also an option.

Saves the faffing around from scratch.

SW actually say you can eat unlimited foods up to the point of feeling full. First time round at SW thats where I failed because I just carried on eating and eating and eating LOL Now I stop when I am full, I can always eat something else a little while later if I get hungry again. But this time round I've started to be a bit more honest with myself "Am I full" "Yes", "do I honestly want something else" "no" so I stop. I've been surprised that I'm ok with that and its massively helped me succeed.

SW like WW are profit making companies they are in it for totally different reasons to us. I'm lucky because my consultant is also a member of another class and is just the best! Whether its an act or geniune (I think the latter) she cares about everyone of us and is always available 24/7 for us. So much sometimes you forget this is how she makes her living.

Anyway I digress and I just want to say I absolutely adore the SW pancake but like many others I tweak it to suit me (which means only 1 teaspoon of sweetner) but its a lovely breakfast that I enjoy very much.

Confess I haven't had time to read this whole thread but just wanted to chip in anyway...

On the whole I stick to the SW rules (with a few tweaks around Hexes and not counting syns in my cod liver oil!). But I also try to avoid some of the attitude that you can eat anything as long as you tweak it to reduce the calories a bit, even if those tweaks make it a bit less nice or a bit less healthy than the original (and of course this only applies to SOME of their recipes, mainly the puddings). I never have sweetener except in Diet Coke and the occasional Muller, always use sugar or honey instead, or just make some little adjustments to a normal recipe and eat a bit less.

I want to change my habits and tastes as well as lose weight, and I want to be one of those people who can have the occasional luxury food rather than daily 'treats' full of sweetener or whatever. It seems to be a bit of a modern trap that there are treats everywhere - biscuits in every meeting, chocolates on every corner. (This also means I'm trying to use my syns on things that go in my 3 meals a day, such as flour, butter, a touch of sugar, avocado, milk etc). Of course I understand that for many people, being able to have daily treats is really important and key to the plan's appeal.

Also if I made a pud that was 'free' just because it was all Mullers and so on, I might eat loads, whereas if I had a normal one with flour and sugar I'd eat less, and might even eat fewer total calories as a result.

I'm the same Gwella, I'd prefer to have 'normal' desserts in smaller portions or less frequently, rather than have something like half syn cake. I can understand though that some people want that daily choccy fix to keep them on the straight and narrow and it's great SW allows for it.

I've been craving these pancakes all week but my kids ate the bananas lol. I agree that I would rather have a smaller normal dessert than substitute it for some random SW recipe. I love slimming world but I refuse to make some of the recipes like smash pizza.
My favourite way of using my syns is making a savoury pancake usually chilli, followed by a sweet pancake topped with Nutella and a sliced banana. Total 13 syns for the flour and Nutella.

Back