Pancake Day!

Mets

Gold Member
Anyone having pancakes today? There's a recipe on esource for 1pp pancakes then you just need to add the filling.

I never used to like pancakes but I'm going to try them tonight as the boyf wants them. I was planning on having some nutella and banana in mine. Maybe do a savoury one with cheese? We bought some of that new chocolate Philly yesterday so going to try that too.

What will your fillings be? xxx

That's 1pp each isn't it, I worked out that 125g of plain flour is 11pp so if the recipe makes 12 it's 1pp each yeah? I got some mixed berries!

Yeah the recipe makes 12 and so they're 1pp each. I'm not sure how big they'll be mind.... Mmmm mixed berries! Yum! x

125 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, sifted
1 medium Egg, Whole
1/2 serving(s) (1/4 pint) Milk, Skimmed
1 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled

Instructions
Put the flour into a bowl and break the egg into the centre.

Add the milk gradually beating into a batter.

Pour the batter into a jug.

Heat a non-stick frying pan.

Spray lightly with low-fat cooking spray.

Pour in 3 tbsp batter and quickly swirl the pan to coat the base.

Cook until the batter becomes firm and bubbles appear.

Flip the pancake over.

Serve with fresh lemon, artificial sweetener or sugar (at a Points value of ½ per teaspoon).

So just made these did what recipe said and only got 8 pancakes when using 3 tbsp of batter? Is this still 1pp each ?

As it's a simply filling day would my pancakes be alright as 1pp? How many pp do u think?

Oh no! That's a bit rubbish.... I think if you're going to do it properly, you'd have to divide the the ingredients by how many pancakes you got?? I'll see how many I get later x

Well if I point just the flour as the other ingredients r free it is 11pp so divide that by 8 gives me 1.375 and isn't it if it's under 1.5 u round down to 1pp? Or do u think I'm better off having it as 2pp?

I'd round it down to 1pp it it were me hun. I wonder why you didn't get 12 out of them....? x

I don't no, I weighed and measured everything and only used 3 tbsp per pancake, it's not like u can heap batter mix on the spoon so I don't see how that can be wrong, I got 8 pancakes and had 1tbsp of batter left? It's so annoying!

How strange. Well I'll give it a go and report back. Saying that, I don't actually have a tablespoon! So mine will be a guesstimate anyway x

I used a spoon u eat desserts with is that not a tablespoon?

sarah88 said:
I used a spoon u eat desserts with is that not a tablespoon?

No that's a dessert spoon! ;-) a tablespoon is bigger than that. So in actual fact, you'd have had even less mixture!

30g is actually quite a lot of Philly! Z

Well definitely only 1pp then, I think Ww must have messed up on that recipe?

What is Philly cadbury cheese does it have choc in? Or was that a type error

No it's got Cadburys chocolate in it! Mmmmmm! It tastes like Nutella to me but doesn't have such a rich chocolate flavour.

Well mine didn't make 12 either! Probably only got 5 decent size ones out of it. Rubbish!

Oh an the Cadburys Philly was lush!

Back