pancake recipe anyone?? sw friendly of course!!

Tracie Green

Silver Member
i dont wana deprive myself by not having pancakes today so anyopne got a :confused:recipe i could use?

This is taken from the recipe thread hun....

I have just made the most delicious syn free pancakes :drool: and they are sooo easy to make All you need is:
1 Egg per pancake
2-3 Teaspoons sweetener (depending on own taste)
3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence then fold the yolk into the egg white
Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake) And then Hey presto scrummy syn free pancakes

All you need to do is add some strawberries or banana whatever takes ya fancy

Yup I second the recipe by Pink Peony, but I also find that if you mix the whites up to almost meringue soft peak, and add a lot of sweetner you will loose the egginess taste out of the pancakes.
I have also added lemon essence to mine instead of the the vanilla and that works well, as does almond essence.

Crack the eggs in half and then either tip the egg into your hand and have the white go through your fingers (messy way), or crack egg in half and then pour the yolk between the 2 shells making sure that the yolk doesnt break.

Put whites in one bowl and yolk in the other.

Hope that helps you?

I add the extras as well, cant see the point in waste! Lol

you add the egg yolk to the recipe, (thats what it says) i tried them last night - yummy! x

Add Quark

I add a heaped tablespoon of quark per egg to the yolk mixture and they come out light and fluffy and thick - sort of like scotch pancakes.

Also i make a sauce with segmented oranges, lemon juice & sweetener - lovely!

Doh! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, it would help if I read the recipe properly!!! :wave_cry:

no problemo! thats the sort of thing id do! at least youo have no waste! hope it didnt sound like i was beinn snotty in my reply lol - sometimes its hard to come across as you want to when you're writing things down! x

Back