• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Pancakes - help!

S: 11st7lb C: 9st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st11lb(15.53%)
Hey everyone,
I was just wondering what your view on the slimming world pancakes is as I made them but didn't have a very good experience (was expecting good things after all the reviews I have seen).
Am I doing the method right?
1 egg seperated, Whip white with three tsp splenda until white and frothy. Lightly whip yolk and 1 tsp vanilla essence. Fold egg yolk mix into egg white mix then fry in frylight.

When I did it they turned out like sweet omlettes with an omlette type texture which is really not my thing!
What does everyone else think?!
:)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Taz

Spam Hunter
S: 17st12lb C: 12st4lb G: 10st10lb BMI: 27.3 Loss: 5st8lb(31.2%)
You have to spread it really thin in the pan to avoid the sweet egg effect

Mrs V

Loves Life!
S: 21st7lb C: 12st5lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 9st2lb(42.52%)
I dont add the sweetner until the end either. I usually find that I make them too sweet otherwise!
I also found that if you say make the pancakes with 2 eggs, whisk up the 2 whites, but only 1 yolk...that makes it less eggy as well.
Also, have tried them with vanilla essence and last time with lemon essence...prefer the lemon so far and absolutely delicious!

bettylollypop

soon to be skinny minnie
S: 16st8lb C: 16st1lb G: 11st0lb Loss: 0st7lb(3.02%)
I haven't made these before and the reason i haven't is that i thought it would be a sweet omlette and don't think i would like it, but i will see what others think and perhaps give it a go

S: 11st7lb C: 9st10lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st11lb(15.53%)
Thankyou for all your replies. Taz I think you got it - mine was really thick - the whole egg in a small pan so I think that's where I went wrong!