Pandas Calorie World!

my diary isn excatly glowing at the moment hun!
gone off track and struggling to get bk in it if im honest!
hope you enjoy ur meal :) xxx

It's so cold at the moment.

Had a 7 hour shift at work yesterday, 12-7pm. Went okay but it was with an okay boss so wasn't too bad.
I however didn't realise they got rid of all the forks so ended up snacking for my lunch, even so, I stayed under cals.

Found it stupidly hard to get out of bed this morning though... ended up getting up near 1! Anyhows, have started with a coffee, going to make a cheese panini for lunch then it's some roast dinner of sorts for tea, going to try and get a walk in there somewhere if only to wake my body up >.<

Breakfast - Skinny Latte with 2 TBSP Caramel Syrup - 140cal

Lunch - Bernard Matthews Turkey Breast Chunks Hickory bbq 81cal with Cathedral City 133cal, lettuce 0cal, tomatoes 11cal, melted on half a ciabatta 346cal
WW Sticky Toffee Cheesecake 185cal.

I went over yesterday but still lost 0.5lb today lol I don't with weigh weekly, just every now and again. 3.5lb lost in my first 2 weeks, slow and steady suits me.

Today.
Breakfast - 40g readybrek honey 151cal, 200ml of skimmed milk 64cal.
Lunch - crispy chicken bites with bbq dip, 1 pack 574cals
Dinner - top side beef 195cal, potatoes 130cal, roasted carrots 3 90cal, broccoli, 1 stem 98cal.
1 Glasses of water, 2 cups of tea.
1 strip of Cadburys popcorn chocolate 129cal

Exercise & mental health training. Walking around town 30 minutes, average pace 124cal burnt.

Last edited:
Heyy, welcome to my diary. :)

Not had good news today, I am currently the owner of 4 guinea pigs.

Zambi

Zambi by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Zuki

Guinea Pigs 012 by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Cally

Cally by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Kenya

ZenyaParrot by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Zambi however has been unwell for the past 3 weeks, a visit to the vet confirmed the worse, he was diagnosed with a large gut tumour, an operation would of been around 10% successful so we decided against it, 2 weeks later and I think he's about ready to go but I've never ever made the decision to put an animal down before and it's really, really hard... I can't get round my thinking that I have no right to choose whether my animal is ready to die or not and if it's the right thing, even if he dying slowly himself. All my other pigs went naturally, 1 I regret because he spent a horrible 8 hours in pain before dying so I suppose seeing it that way, letting Zambi go to sleep without that pain would be more peaceful?

Ah hon that's horrible , it's a really difficult decision my rabbit got mixamotosis in the summer and the way I thought about it is if the whatever they have is going to kill them anyway
And they are suffering that I would have her put down think of it as a kind choice that you can make for them to ease there suffering we don't get that choice in any other situation so at least you can ease there pain especially as they can't tell you how much it hurts x what ever you decide to so it's always difficult and you will wonder if you did the right thing , so just take your time and make your own choice x

Heyy, welcome to my diary. :)

Not had good news today, I am currently the owner of 4 guinea pigs.

Zambi

Zambi by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Zuki

Guinea Pigs 012 by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Cally

Cally by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Kenya

ZenyaParrot by A.Beautiful.Mess, on Flickr

Zambi however has been unwell for the past 3 weeks, a visit to the vet confirmed the worse, he was diagnosed with a large gut tumour, an operation would of been around 10% successful so we decided against it, 2 weeks later and I think he's about ready to go but I've never ever made the decision to put an animal down before and it's really, really hard... I can't get round my thinking that I have no right to choose whether my animal is ready to die or not and if it's the right thing, even if he dying slowly himself. All my other pigs went naturally, 1 I regret because he spent a horrible 8 hours in pain before dying so I suppose seeing it that way, letting Zambi go to sleep without that pain would be more peaceful?

oh wow what beautiful piggies!! i think you need to do what feels right to you. if he is in pain and not himself then you know its time for him, however sad that is. I currently have a 6 year old piggie and hes gettin so old and im sure his time will come soon when i have to chose btu at the end of the day u know its for the best, hope youre coping ok xxxxx

Well I'm doing ok on calories so far.

The pain medicine the vet has given us seems to have helped made him comfortable but she said it will make him worse in the long run, as it attacks the kidneys :/ what charming meds they have.

If I think too deeply, I cant do it so thats my barrier atm... daniel thinks its because its so final for me, to take him away and not bring him back and the fact that we know it beforehand :/

Anyhow, I don't have to face it for at least a week.

6 years old! How the hell did you do that, 3.5, 4 is about my max and I think zambi is there... we arent sure because we adopted him. X

hahahaha yeah he is pretty old isnt he! well his mum and dad lived to be 8!! we have adopted him when he was just 5 tho cos the person was moving to a different country, so we are hoping we have a few more years with him yet.
do all your piggues live in the same cage? xxxxx

No, 2 and 2. I have 2 pairs of boars.

Had a dream about putting him to sleep and I'm overly panicy today & I have work... sigh.

oh i see, so 2 boys are ok in the same cage? also u have them outside? we have ours inside but ppl seem to keep them outside?
sounds like just an anxiety dream to me xxxxxx

Boys are tempramental, the danger period is when one or both are paired when young, around 6-9 months their inner bodies change and the test each other for dominace, obviously two dominant pigs will properly fight to death, where if one is mor submissive they can usually live calmly. I have 2 with a very level relationship, cally and kenya, cally is the submissive, although has more of an aggressive undertone which kenya puts up with whilst remaining dominant lol

Zuki and zambi arent close, zambi took the domanance thing too far and humped zuki for 2 days solid until zuki had enough and stood up for himself... they tolorate each other lol

Harrd day at work this evening, I am aching :(

Oh, I keep them inside as I live in a flat, when we get a house in a few months, I doubt I'll be able to put them outside, too many horror stories of cats, foxes and even rats killing my friends pigs.

Last edited:
Today I'm kinda worse for wear today, I did a 7 hour shift last night, 4-11pm, we had 6ish parties in the bowling area, 2 in Lazer and then other customers, I maned reception and bar until 5:45 from 4, I think this became the problem, I was suppose to set up the parties but with the amount of people arriving and booking bowling, the amount of prep needed for parties and then having to man the bar as well...

If we'd had bar staff on from 4:30, it might have run smoother, I did like 5 miles of walking, properly more, my body hurts so much, I couldn't get up before 12pm, it was nearer 1pm I woke this morning, and I don't mean just being lazy, I could barely open my eyes and I felt almost paralized in my body. My body still aches but is a little bit better than this morning... I have 2 days off then a 9 hour shift Monday and then we're finally going to take Zambi to the vets Tuesday if Daniel can get the time off..

Eugh I just rang the vets, apparently we can't actually be there when they put Zambi to sleep... :/ I'm going to have to ask on my other forum if thats the norm because I expected to be able to stroke him to sleep or something... Feels overly real now...

oh right i thought you could be there with them too? ill ask my friend when i see her too, she knows all about piggies she has a special house outside for them all!
just remind yourself how much better he'l be off , not being in pain anymore
xxxxxx

Hello there,

just had a wee nosy through your diary and saw your lovely piggies. I have 3 boars of my own (Sputnik - nearly 2, Spooky - 5 and Mogwai - about 10 months).
I did have a fourth called Nebula who sadly passed away unexpectedly a few days after Christmas. I was in pieces. He wasn't even 2 years old, the vet thinks it was a heart defect. He looked sort of like Zambi actually :(. If he does need to be put to sleep I would have thought you could be there too! Very strange...

I also suffer anxiety and panic attacks so know how hard it can be. *hugs*

Anyway, I hope life's extra stresses aren't getting you down too much!

My OH and me went to Nandos to do a mystery customer report last night so not on cals, I was pretty much all over the place with food all day, barely anything.

On the way to my moms, who we visit weekly, it finally hit me that its tuesday and I cried which in turn made my oh cry, he was driving so not the best. Lol hmmpth

I'm walking Alfie today, so going tomake it count. I walk dogs for a charity called the cinnamon trust. Alfies a boarder terrier, think thats what its called... ive walked him for over 2 years now :)

I started syringe feeding zambi yesterday, he didnt take much but at least what he did take is high in what he needs, (critical care). Xx

Hello there,

just had a wee nosy through your diary and saw your lovely piggies. I have 3 boars of my own (Sputnik - nearly 2, Spooky - 5 and Mogwai - about 10 months).
I did have a fourth called Nebula who sadly passed away unexpectedly a few days after Christmas. I was in pieces. He wasn't even 2 years old, the vet thinks it was a heart defect. He looked sort of like Zambi actually :(. If he does need to be put to sleep I would have thought you could be there too! Very strange...

I also suffer anxiety and panic attacks so know how hard it can be. *hugs*

Anyway, I hope life's extra stresses aren't getting you down too much!

Where did you get the names mogwai and nebula? Apart from a few my pigs are african lol, kenya, zambi(a), ive had a mali and an africa.

My OH chose Nebula as he is into anything to do with outer space/universe etc. And I chose Mogwai because that is the type of creature Gizmo is from the movie Gremlins. My friend had just got a kitten and named it Gizmo so I didn't want to be a copy-cat haha.

We're debating on whether to get another pig to bond with Zuki (he's after Suzuki lol) when Zambi goes, or to wait until we get a house (March time). I think we're best waiting to see what he's like alone. I had one pig self harm after his cage mate died of heart failure, but the one we originally had for Zambi, Mali, hated other pigs so much he attacked the bars if near the other cage, then another we've had Corly hated other pigs too that he was very happy being alone lol.

Altogether I've had Leo & Africa, Africa then was paired with Corly, Kenya and Cally, Zambi and Mali then Zambi was paired with Zuki.
Both Corly and Mali died young, I don't really think Mali was even a year old, Corly was 1.5yrs... both Zambi and Mali were/are inbred so that possible why they've had the same problem, it just happened to Mali quicker than Zambi, Zambi being 4 years old now.

I'm cold today, I thought with no snow and the sun coming out it would be okay to go out without scarf or gloves... stupid me! lol

Got an afternoon of football (OH's passion) and then I'm at work tomorrow 12-7.

Food

Breakfast - none.
Lunch - Corned Beef, Dairylea and branston Pickle sandwich (MFP isnt working for me so can't show cals).
Dinner -
Snacks - 2 WW chocolate biscuits, 1 lindt egg, 2 cups of tea.

Exercise - 35 minute 3mph uphill walk with Alfie.

Back