Panda's Slimming World.

Wow, well done on your 6lb loss, that's fab. I've gained the last 3 weeks but keep forcing myself to group. Hoping it will get better from now on..

Your food sounds yummy too xx

Thats what happened with me, I gained 3lb, 2.5lb and 3lb and the last 3lb had me in pieces, even though I hadn't been on plan I was just gaining so fast. So I finally found focus and am still doing fine this week too.

I work at Mcdonald's and it's very hard not to be tempted, especially when you've not planned food wise.

I didn't have my toast in the end, i've had toast this morning.

breakfast toast with jam (HEB and 1 for 2tbsp) 0.5 each.
Lunch - pasta chilli again, skips 4.5syns, banana, mulletlight, tea with sweetener HEA.
Dinner - burgers with bread bun - 6syns, cheese as half my HEA and chips. Will look for some superfree to add to it.

Went over syns a tad today, new day tomorrow though!

Have a terribke cold atm, making me not want to eat so im having like breakfast and tea only... my aim is I need to drink more water... I was told years ago, your pee should be almost clear if your drinking enough... xx

I'm so angry, I gained 1/2lb... I ate until I was sick and uncomfortable last night... :/ I know it was wrong, I guess I couldn't control my upset about it.

Anyhow, I'm on holiday next week, so I won't be on plan although I'm going to try and pick good opitions, and only go full out on 3 days (frankie and benny breakfast), manchester and birmingham christmas markets, one being on my birthday. So 2 weeks and I shouldn't gain TOO much, hopefully.

Not sure I could work in McDonalds and have any resistance, it always smells yummy when I drive past lol

Enjoy your time off, and happy birthday when it comes xx

It's likely what caused my 3 gains, but the food isn't that great... It actually makes me feel sick sometimes so it helps to focus on that so I don't want it. I was going to try the Christmas menu but none of it looks that nice anymore, so perhaps I am going off it. Even syning the nuggets could of caused a gain this week. I had McDonald's for my break yesterday, small chips, quarter pounder and coffee, then an ice cream after my shift.

Didn't eat until 3pm today, ate pork ribs and some chicken and a mugshot, cup of tea.

Last day off plan, making just over a week but feels longer.. I weighin next Wednesday evening to survey the damage.

Okay, I am going to make another attempt at the plan starting today.
I've started the plan with a large breakfast/brunch.

Breakfast
2 Tesco Lighter Choices Sausages - 1 syn each = (2), 2 large frilled tomatoes (superfree), 2 slices of bacon (free), 4 large tbsps of baked beans (free), 2 wholemeal slices cooked in egg (HEB), 2 fried eggs (free).
1 cup of tea with half spoon sugar - 1syn and milk (HEA)

Cup of coffee - half spoon sugar - 1syn (HEA)
Advent Calender Chocolate - 2syns?

Syns so far - 6syn (on next to nothing :/ meh!)

Last edited:
Right, so I'm going to start afresh on my next WI which is in about a weeks time. I haven't been able to get to group over the festive period but tbh I haven't been on plan. 2014 is going to be my year for sorting my weight and my health out and getting a step on the ladder of the career I want.

Things I've noticed whilst eating off plan.
1. I feel ill almost everyday.
2. I feel bloated most evenings.
3. I've got back fat again.
4. My shirt and trousers are tight at work.
5. My bras are tight enough to cause me breathing problems if I wear them too long.
6. My anxiety may have gotten worse, to the point I'm panicing most days and even having full blown panic attacks in public.

Here to subscribe!
Completely understand your reasons. I used to have panic attacks and they started again 2 weeks ago. Almost certain that the cause is not l

Think that message got cut in off. Almost certain the cause is not? xx

Woke up feeling so unwell this morning. I've only had porridge, with water for food today. Mainly because milk will create mucus and I just don't want to have to deal with it. I'm glad i have tomorrow off but then I'm at work for 3 full days, morning till evening.

I've not started yet, been off two days due to a sickness bug "/

I've been back at work, I'm trying to note everything about my body that is bad since being off Slimming World to help me gain more motivation.

I've decided tomorrow I WILL start slimming world again and I WI Wednesday. I'm going to see what I weigh, if I'm not as heavy as I think I might be. I was going to restart and buy a new book, but the books cost £10 so I think I'm going to continue, however have them write my weight normally in the original SW book, an then start my journey anew in a small journal I have, does this make sense? I don't really have the money to buy a new book and if it turns out I've only gained like 1lb which is what my scales I don't know if I can be bothered to restart offically, although I would work off the journal myself so I don't see all the GAINS.

Does this make sense?

I'm feeling okay today, had my very last 'bad' McDonald's, a wrap and the hot mocha. Fell asleep as soon as I left work, 10-5pm I did, and instead of my own area, I did Tills or front as it's classed. I've spoken to my manager about my panic attacks and her response was, what can we do for you? Which I think was really nice, my next step is to get a doctors appointment!

My aim tomorrow is to walk to the co-op at the end of our street to withdraw money, then to take the long route back home. I will tell you how I get on. I plan on porridge for breakfast, with grapes and a banana on the side.

Hows you? xxxx

The updated reasons for my weight loss.

1. I get heartburn/tummy problems whenever I come off plan.
2. My knee has started hurting really badly and it can only be aggravated by my weight.
3. My bras are becoming so uncomfortable they hurt if I fall asleep in them and cut my breathing down.
4. I'm sick of feeling sick everyday.
5. My skin is starting to break out with acne.
6. My pee is dark yellow!! lol
7. My whole body is bigger then it was before Christmas and I feel fat and frumpy whilst naked.
8. My anxiety is becoming so bad, I am avoiding leaving the house unless I have too and having panic attacks in town. There was a time that my new beloved town when I moved here, improved my anxiety.
9. My uniform is tight now and I don't want to ask for a bigger size, firstly the trousers don't match (a size 20 has the right tightness in leg, the size 22 are so baggy on the leg i feel like a clown! and well the other employee I work with has reduced her shirt size down and I want to ask the boss for a size 20 in shirts instead of 22, I DO NOT WANT TO ASK FOR A SIZE 24!) Btw McDonald's sizes are quite a bit bigger than the normal worlds, I'm a 18top and 20trousers usually.

I think that you're doing incredibly well - working whilst you are experiencing such anxiety is hard.
Have you got a doctors appointment yet?
My anxiety was at it's peak three years ago - just before i lost 5 stones. I did a CBT course and it helped enormously. I do think that losing weight (i.e. gaining control) is a key factor in recovery, as I started to see an increase in my symptoms as I put on weight.

How did the walk go?

Great idea to write down your reasons! Just think, in just a couple of weeks, you could be starting to feel on top of the world again. For me the psychological shift makes a huge difference.

Take care.

I've booked an appointment for next Tuesday, hoping I don't get a shift on the day but have asked the other Customer Care team if they'd cover the last or first hour of my shift (shift changes over at 3pm), appointments at 3:20pm.

I haven't gone for the walk yet, I had a shower and did my hair how I like it (with curly ends), just had a very late breakfast (brunch?) Properly not enough for brunch tbh.. 2 slices of mini bread toast (HEB), 1tbsp of marg (will look up syns) a handful of grapes and a large glass of sugar free squash.

I didn't wake up till 11am btw, I went to bed at 2:15am because I decided to clean the kitchen, which I did and it felt wonderful to come down to an organised and clean kitchen lol.

I've had anxiety since around the age of 18, I broke up frmo a very destructive and mentally/physically abusive relationship, I was throwing up everyday for around 2 months and the doctor only said it was food poisoning. I lived on my own so I was able to just stay in doors and I left college. I met someone who encouraged me to meet him down the road instead of coming to my flat to meet me and slowly he helped me overcome my first bout of Anxiety. It was anxiety that made me feel sick and well I normally was sick, buses really messed my stomach up.

Anyways, somehow, I think it took two years, I got over it and although I suffered with depression, I was able to go back to college and do things like go to the pub with friends, go to Hanley (the city i lived near) and do everything I needed to do.

I struggled but didn't really panic much for a few years and I met my current boyfriend in 2010. I was okay until 2011 I think, then I had a massive panic attack in Wolverhampton, spent 6 months doing CBT, got over it and was well for about another year, got full time employment at my last job and within 4 months I was having panic attacks again. :/ The place was like hell and it got to me and I think that's what caused them, the stress, I'd leave work most shifts crying my eyes out because of the staff and managers. I had more CBT but it didn't work and it got to the point, the counsellor felt I'd have it for life, and frankly the idea made me want to commit suicide but I have a lot of things to live for so it never got close to it.

Took me a year and a half to get out of the place into my current job, I left in September. My anxiety improved for a while but since the beginning of December it's gotten so bad I'm now having panic attacks in public and I can't control them at all. My anxiety now is a mixture of things, mainly happens when i'm outside but I do get them at home and at work. A basic panic attack for me is retching/heaving. I sometimes get tight chest/hard to breath moments. Mostly I just retch though.

I'm going to document my anxiety on this diary as well so I can monitor how it goes whilst I'm dieting.

Do you feel your anxiety reduced as you got thinner then?
Right I'm going to try the walk now

I was out for 13 minutes, walked to the co-op down the end of our long road, withdrew money out for my mom then walked back the longer route which goes through another part of the estate (our road is the main spine of the estate then loop roads attach to both the top and bottom) I went on the lower loop. I mapped my walk as well to record it.

I felt a bit uncomfortable at first and when I had to walk past a man smoking by the cash machine, however I didn't need to gag, I didn't use any coping aids either. So tomorrow I'm at work 8am-3pm. I will do it again once I'm home, I'm debating whether to walk home or would this be too much. My friend believes I jump frmo one thing to another instead of just focusing for a long time on one area (walking to co-op and back).

Back