Panic, and I haven't even started yet!!!

Blonde Logic

Yes. You can.
Hi everyone-

I am starting LL in January, and last night I began having worries about failing. Well, not about failing only - but about succeeding, and reaching my slim goal and then putting all the weight back on!!!!

I wonder if getting the weight off so quickly is incentive enough to keep it off at all costs? I know on other plans where the weight come off slowly, I would get about half way to goal, and then slowly the weight would come back on.

I attributed that to the fact that it takes too long to take off as much weight as I have too by "conventional" methods", that "If it took many long months to get half way, its going to be even longer months to reach goal - so give in now" was kind of my attitude I believe. I gave up and gave in.

I am thinking that if the weight comes off this quickly and with this much sacrifice - that I will value it and be less likley to put the weight back on, knowing full well just how hard it was to get off, and how many LONG years it took to get there?

But I am scared. I have failed every other time. I have always put the weight, and more back on. If that happens this time, I am going to be huger then huge.

How do you all cope with it? THose that have reached goal - do you find it easy to maitain, or is the struggle still there. I long to have a natural relationship with food, where I eat to live, not live to eat. I am just so frightened that all past behaviours are ingrained in me permanently.

I shouldn;t doubt. But I do.

SO. How do you do it!!! ANyone else ever feel this way?:sigh:

Hi BL
It is very natural to have all these fears and worries at this time. We all had them.
The brilliant thing about LL is that it addresses all these things in the counselling sessions.
Week 1 I had no idea how I would handle this, but the sessions are a real eye opener, so is discussing these things with other LLers on here.
My biggest immediate panic was Christmas, how the hell could I get through Christmas without eating. All that lovely food with my name on it. Visiting my family at Christmas has always been a binge fest, however I now realise that isn't why I go, it is to spend time with my family and have lots of fun. I can do that without eating and the booze I can take or leave anyway. I have managed to deal with all the issues I had relating to the festive period and even though it is going to be hard, I know I can do it and I have lots of family support.

We will all hit rocks in the road but we have the tools get round them. Once you get started you will be able to discuss these issues with your LLC and group. It really does work.

Thank you Alibongo - it's just such a worry. I desperately want this to be the last time I ever diet, and I guess because of all passed failures, I just don't believe in myself. And I know I have to to be successful. Its an internal struggle.

I think you are very brave, all of you, for facing the holidays with such determination and resolve.

Really, you are all so inspirational. Thank you for that!!

Honestly, you will be the same once you get started.
This has to work for me, I have been dieting all my life and just keep getting larger.
I can feel it working already. I realise that I can do it and I am worth it. I am on the LL rollercoaster and I am not getting off.:D

The sessions really help you sort your head out, and being abstinent I have found quite easy actually, which isn't something I thought I would hear myself saying (as a self confessed food addict).

You might not think it now, but once you get started you will discover a new you rising from the ashes.

Also losing 1.5 stones in 4 weeks really keeps me going, it took 4 months on WW to do that and it was such a struggle. This has to be the easiest diet I have ever done.
I will tackle eating again when I get there.
LL does give you all the tools you need along the way.

Back