Panic-like attacks?

curvesncurls

I've been on and off the SW train since Feb. Got a really sweet tooth and have been having loads of biscuits and choc for the last month or so. Yesterday, I'd a full day on plan, used 7 1/2 syns. Felt fine.
Roll on today, about half one I was in the shopping centre when I broke out in a sweat, my heart started palpitating, I thought I was going to faint. It passed over. Then it happened again an hour later when I was out walking.
This has happened me every time I've been back on plan - can't figure out if it psychological or just a reaction to cutting back the sugar. It's really frightened me - I thought I was going to pass out. Bought a packet of biscuits and ate a few, felt better. But now I just feel ill, they are repeating on me and I'm feeling queasy.

Anyone else experience this? Or anything like it? xx

I get panic attacks - or at least that's what I think they are. 5 years ago I wasn't feeling too good and fainted I'n the middle of town... When I came round I was crowded by people.

Now, whenever I go to busy places I panic and sweat. I'm claustrophobic and I hate unfamiliar situations. Funny you should say about the chocolate/biscuits because I too have an incredibly sweet tooth!

I always thought it was just panic attacks because I can talk myself around and convince myself I'm okay.... I couldn't do that to start with though and it was really quite frightening x

Go and see your GP....make sure that there is nothing wrong physically.

Thanks guys - I really think it's the sugar withdrawal. Same thing happened my mum starting sw. But I'll get it checked out.

Yeah, deffo go chat to your gp. Many endorse slimming world so they will be happy to help you improve tyour health xxx

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

:eek: God, Silly Sausage - that's amazing!! Thought I was losing my mind, but I have had several of the symptoms on the list! Posted not so long ago about my cycle being all over place and really bad PMT. Now it makes sense. Could be just very sensitive to it. Frightening list of possible results.
Start looking out my food list now! Thank you soooooooooooooo sooooooooooo much! xxxxxxx

There is a lot of scaremongering on t'internet about artificial sweeteners, but I think there may be some truth in it. I personally find that Splenda makes my heart go like the clappers. This could be enough to trigger a panic attack so I avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible.

You are not going mad, honest :) x

There is a lot of scaremongering on t'internet about artificial sweeteners, but I think there may be some truth in it. I personally find that Splenda makes my heart go like the clappers. This could be enough to trigger a panic attack so I avoid artificial sweeteners as much as possible.

You are not going mad, honest :) x
this is interesting and worrying, i bet its hidden in a lot of things we eat/drink:eek:

Silly I'm about to google that... Always drink diet drinks as try to avoid the calories!.... Seen as though the blue smarties used to get me n the m and ms still do I'll have a look....!

When you are on plan, do you eat more "diet foods" such as mullerlights and diet fizzy drinks? Do a google for "aspartame panic attacks" and you will see what I am getting at. Maybe you are sensitive to it.

Best get checked out at the docs too to be on the safe side :)

thanks for that i suffer from epilepsy and panic attacks and other things on list.

Back