Panic....

icemoose

The Diet Guy
Oh my god!!

I have just looked on the calendar and it is the 20th December!! It is 5 days to Christmas...

I still haven't done any food shopping for everyone or got half my presents......

PANIC!!

Oooh time to pull a sicky, Mike! lol

Don't worry - I haven't even thought about food shopping yet!

Fresh turkeys go on sale today apparently! lol

Oooooh Linda I need a new iPod if your treating ?

I always order a turkey but this year just not happened!! I shall pop to Marksy at lunchtime and see what the dates on there pre-stuffed and easy to carve things are.

M.

Is it awful of me that I just can't be bothered? lol

Or is it a good thing? (*cough*)

Done all my pressies and that's exhausted me!!!

Happy shopping, everybody!

Hey Ice,

What are you panicing about - you know we blokes are supposed to doeverything at the last minute :D

I went all the way into town yesterday for 4 hours, just to check the shops were open sunday - crikey, Woolies even give you 30mins browsing time before they can officially sell anything

So chill, still 3 days or so to relax;)

Have fun

Mindless

And there was me thinking I was the only disorganised person here!

I am living up to my motto 'Last minute.com' as per usual!! I tried writing a shopping list last night but so far only have half a dozen items on it (and one of them is loo roll - not exactly festive fare!)

I just hate christmas food shopping (in fact, I hate ALL food shopping) but I suppose I really ought to go and make an effort or we'll end up with turkey burgers on Christmas day!

Good luck Mike - from a fellow procrastinator :)

I tried writing a shopping list last night but so far only have half a dozen items on it (and one of them is loo roll - not exactly festive fare!)

LOL! At least you've started writing your shopping list. I haven't even started looking for the paper and pen yet:eek:

I am living up to my motto 'Last minute.com' as per usual!! I tried writing a shopping list last night but so far only have half a dozen items on it (and one of them is loo roll - not exactly festive fare!)
:)

LMAO!! That really made me laugh

I always have loo roll on my shopping lists!

M.

All pressie are wrapped, dh is getting all food for him and kids........oh and the beer .......boo hoo.....though with this diet, suppose 1 and i`d be on the floor....lol

Hope you all manage to get what you are wanting.

ARGH - have ordered a turkey but have to pick it up at 7.30am on Saturday! How rude is that!!!

Turkey burgers sounds like an excellent option if it means I get some sleeeeeep!

lol I'm glad I work in catering an don't have to go somewhere to get a turkey at 7 30 am!!!

But who needs food? just invite you and your family to other peoples houses and they will feed you! thats my plan, no shopping necessary.

I still need to buy my sister a present and get that blloming pirates of the caribbean game from somewhere then wrap everything and I'm sorted. as long as I have petrol in the car we can eat lol (or the kids can at least)

The last 2 or 3 years we have gone to Tesco on Christmas eve afternoon and got half price fresh Turkeys, brussels, clotted cream etc etc. It's been fab! Never missed out on anythng and the shop is a lot quieter by then too.

Dizzy x

every time I've gone shopping on christmas eve it's been absolutely heaving and you can't get moved!!!

You need to go about 2 or 3 o'clock (check what time they close and go a couple of hours before).

It much quieter then and that seems to be when they reduce stuff. All the expensive (finest) stuff usually. I filled the freezer last year!

Mind you I'd hate to recommend this to you and it not work out. But works for us.

Dizzy x

That's pretty much what I do Dizzy. You do have to be prepared to not be able to get certain things though. Okay for us since it's only ever DH, me and the 2 kids. Eat what we can get ;)

That's pretty much what I do Dizzy. You do have to be prepared to not be able to get certain things though. Okay for us since it's only ever DH, me and the 2 kids. Eat what we can get ;)

Yes it has just been Mizzy and me and the 3 boys too. We have always managed to get pretty much everything we want but how much do you need. I guess if i was having guests and showing off I wouldn't risk it. But we actually enjoy it now becoming a tradition. We get all sorts of posh stuff we wouldn't buy otherwise and my boys love to try new stuff they've never tried before. It tastes even better that it was half price too.

Running down my freezer this week!

Dizzy x

Back