Panicking about surviving Christmas...

ChubLock

Silver Member
How am I gonna survive Christmas. I'm really worried I am going to lose all self control and put on that stone I've worked hard to lose.

I'm just worried about having all the finger food around...the booze...the motivation to exercise.

PANIC!!:( How am I going to cope!!

make yourself a plan - if you want to enjoy xmas, then do it - but maybe decide that 1 day is enough. If you want say boxing day and ny's day off too, then maybe decide to make wise choices and limit your food / alcohol intake, or make sure you DO do some exercise over the xmas period x

This just reminds me that at the meeting last week our leader talked about Christmas. She went through a 'typical' pre-WW Christmas day and then when she pointed it it came to a massive 96 points.

Her thoughts were to be quite careful for the 2 holiday days and then get back to correct number of points.

I am on 24 a day and I've just realised that the 96 would be 4 days of points for me.

Irene xx

Hi there - the fact that you have posted that you are worried means that you will probably stay in control because you don't want to blow it.

Remember, you would have to eat 3500 calories more than you burn off to put on 1lb so to put on 14 you would have go eat 49000 extra calories - you would have to eat finger food all day, every day to do that!

It also means that to lose a lb we need to eat 3500 calories than we burn off.....so if you exercise like a mad woman, you can eat whatever you like.

As Rach says (and Rach knows this stuff....) planning is the key to success.

Good luck x

Wow, the realization of 96 points is quite a shock! I think I might need to do some shock tactics with points BEFORE I eat. I think I'm gonna laden my plate with turkey (no skin) and veggies (perhaps just one parsnip and one potato)...and pudding, a small amount and no cream.

This time last year I didnt realize just how bad sausage rolls and mincepies were. I used to think they were harmless because they were so small and conveniant to eat!

It's hard not being a regular attendee at meetings but I'm so broke it's unreal. I gotta stick to it though..I've got a year to shift at least 3/4 of my weight. I really want to be as close to target in just under 13 months time and that's gonna take some dedication isn't it?!!

Oh we can all give you a right kick up the rear if you need it.

There are enough of us on here to support you through this - and give you points values etc etc. so don't worry about not being at meetings.

There are loads going it alone, so to speak and all doing brilliantly.

So, no excuses now - but did laugh at the small and convenient comment....isn't everything small and convenient bad for you :8855:

Haha! Well, I am THE queen of making up crappy excuses if it means I can justify that chocolate eclair...well, OLD me was the queen. I am REFORMED.

I need some points values of some alcohol...will start that tomorrow cos I really gotta get my curvy backside into bed. Night all :D xx

And the frightening part of the talk was that what the leader described was more or less what I would have eaten on Christmas day

Irene xx

Hi there - the fact that you have posted that you are worried means that you will probably stay in control because you don't want to blow it.

Remember, you would have to eat 3500 calories more than you burn off to put on 1lb so to put on 14 you would have go eat 49000 extra calories - you would have to eat finger food all day, every day to do that!

It also means that to lose a lb we need to eat 3500 calories than we burn off.....so if you exercise like a mad woman, you can eat whatever you like.

As Rach says (and Rach knows this stuff....) planning is the key to success.

Good luck x
Rosie knows her stuff too! Am cutting, pasting and printing this for my fridge door.
And also, I might be logging on here regularly for pep talk and a hard slip if things go wrong okay ;) :p
Oh please do - I shall be camped out her for the entire festive season! :D

Good luck! We're all here if you need us! xxx

alcohol wise if you go for malibu thats best - 0.5 for 1 25ml measure but 1.5 for 2, but still less than your average drinks like vodka - 1 per 25ml, JD - 1 per 25ml etc..

also make sure you have diet mixers! So easy to rack up points with normal coke and lemonade.. scary! :p

Aw hun, you're not the only one feeling this way :) I know that I'll be careful, but I also know that I'll more than likely go over on Xmas Day and Boxing Day. The food I can control to a certain extent, it's the alcohol that will rack up the points for me. I only really drink Wine and Baileys; I read in the January mag that Baileys is 5 points per glass!!! Aggh!!

We are all here for each other; you will have ups and you will have downs, but if you're determined, you can do anything :D

XX

I am not worried about xmas at all....:whistle:
ha ha! its so stressful but all the advice given is great! load up on the veggies is my main plan and stay away from the juicy sausages and potatoes! I am cooking this year which is good cause I can have my veggies with no butter on and stuff, also when I cook I end up not hungry cause I am running about making sure everyone is ok! lol
You need to get yourself a wii fit! I plan to spend my whole holiday on so I can be officially crowned Wii Queen! :D (its pretty much a given already:p)

5 points per glass of Baileys? But...but...but...thats my fave!! :( Balls.

Hmm.

Irene, just out of interest, what would you have eaten Pre-WW and now mid WW on Christmas day? Just so I can compare? I'd really appreciate it :)

A lot of party food is actually very low in points. Much of Iceland and Tescos party stuff is half a point per item, point at the most, youd be surprised how much you CAN eat if you think about choices :)

Have a peek at Tesco.com and look at their party food section, it has the kcals & sat fat

And also...would someone mind writing me the points per item (if thats the right word) for common finger food. Eg.

Per:

> Cocktail sausage = ? points
> Mini sausage roll = ? points
> Piece of xmas pud = ? points
> Pringles (per 6 for example) = ? Points

Get my drift...I'd love you all even more if I could write them on a post it note for reference so when I go to eat that tube of pringles I remember just how bad they are!!

Hopefully you will cope and that weight will not go on if not don't worry we'll all be in the same boat after Xmas and you can join us
back on the wagon

M

pre-WW,i would start day with bacon sarnies (bf's family's xmas rules apparently :p) - 2 or 3 slices of bacon per 2 slices of normal bread, and would probably have 4 or 5 halves! then at dinner i would load my plate with turkey and beef (always got both on our xmas dinner) stuffing in blankets, pigs in blankets, stuffing WITHOUT blankets, turnip and swede mash, normal mash (made with milk and butter) roast potatoes, those sliced potatoes done in cream, boiled potatoes, roast parsnips, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, sprouts, sweetcorn, peas, yorkshire puddings, half a jar of mint sauce and loads of onion gravy. Then would top it off with half a xmas pud (always bought a big one and no1 else likes it) drowned in brandy sauce then would sit for 3 hours watching xmas films and so on, start on the drinks - malibu and coke, cheeky vimtos etc.. then have the other half of the xmas pud later.

This year, going to limit myself to one of everything, smaller portions of turkey / beef / gravy, have bought self a mini xmas pudding (sainsbury bgty one too :p) and will be on malibu and diet coke though wont be drinking a lot as am driving) also I have said to OH's fam that may have a bacon sarnie but only one half and then maybe have a bowl of shreddies to keep myself going :)

Back