paper/electronic system

pinkyfluff

Grappling with life
I noticed that some of you are on the electronic systema nd some (like me) are still on paper.

Are we all going to go electronic? Or is it just something being tested?

Just curious!

x

Yes everyone is being transferred to electronic eventually (next few months I think). My SWC runs 5 classes and 1 of hers is electronic so she can learn it then she'll switch the rest of us.
The website is changing so you'll no longer need a password so everyone will have to be on the electronic system first.

I see, so on the electronic card is there something that gives us access to the website? Surely the website is not going to be made "open to all"?

Thanks.

No, it won't be open to all - I believe it'll come down to your 'membership status' so whether that's a special login for each individual (related to your email address?) or an ID number I don't know yet.

I spoke to my C about this and she said that eventually everyone will go electronic but not for a while! The C's have to pay to go electronic I believe and it's all to do with their class numbers etc. before they can do it too! xx

Ooh I didnt know that about the website.

I know a consultant who has gone over to the new system for her three groups. There is a lot of work for the consultant to do before the system goes "live", so to speak.

First of all, she has to get used to the equipment, which is complicated. Like all these things, fine when you have got the hang of it, but a bit daunting when it all comes out of the box and there are cables everywhere!

Then she has to learn how to use the system (there are training sessions for this), then transfer all the members' records onto the new laptop computer, then make a card for each member. Not too complicated, but fiddly and time-consuming, and requiring absolute accuracy.

Then the payments and weighing people have to be trained - again, it is not difficult but people can find it daunting to start with.

Once the system is up and running, most consultants think it is wonderful, especially as the hours of paperwork they have to do after each class (which we, the members, know nothing about!) is a thing of the past - all the information is uploaded to HQ in a matter of minutes.

Back