Paranoid and angsty - just another VLCD surprise?

Cerulean

Silver Member
Hiya - I can't remember if I ever discussed this first time round - I know I've mentioned the prolonged weightloss terrors and the panic I felt at 9st something, but something I rarely discuss is how loopy I went at the end of Lighter Life. I was so so snappy. Like mega snapsome. If I made a mistake or did something wrong it was amplifed to the nth degree.

I know the scariness passes. I know I have to just breathe. But argh! Argh! ARGH! It's starting to affect my work and the pressure of having to compensate is starting to be a strain.

Now you see - since the first time round when I went proper loopy from about 13 stone downwards - all paranoid and angsty cos of the prolonged weightloss - I've never done it past that point - too risky getting all scatty and moody and snappy and oh so paranoid - seriously...like the tiniest things turn into mega dramas. I know the diet brings about an enormous sense of calm sometimes, but...the negatives can be terrifying. I'm a pretty centred person these days so the angst is worrying.

I know when I did this for 10 weeks in 2009 I started eating once I got under 13st as I had started getting short with people. I really can;t afford that loss of peace of mind. But then I am not convinced I should come off this so soon - or that I'll be any less grumpy on any other sort of diet. I guess I could try to maintain here for a few months and then go from 14 - 11 in the next burst after stabilising. That's a possible solution. After all I feel good in myself at this weight and the 16s. It does mean I'd be SSing in the autumn months, a thing I've never had to do...but...hmmm - I'm a sticker so I'm unlikely to quit before I've done the 20 weeks I promised myself and I really am pretty much at the halfway stage. I just need to try not to make rash decisions.

I do yoga and lots of exercise - I'm pretty zen and calm and have been for the last 9 months or so. I know this means I must have been using food as a sedative. But I also know that longterm ketosis is something of a crazymaker in my world.

Must try to keep my life as simple as poss.

Yeah.

Also not to get jealous of my sort of ex going out with a Countess. Where's my Earl, eh? God yeah - I get so jealous on these diets...

How about you?

Be careful what you tell yourself, blossom. :) If you've already decided that you're going to get paranoid and angsty, then frankly, you probably will...

Have you ever tried 5-htp? It could be as simple as you needing some more seratonin. It's classic to crave carbs when your body needs a hit of seratonin. I've been taking 5-htp for around a month now and I think it really helps. That could be of course because I've told myself it's working :D but hey, who cares if it's working?

5-htp??? Excuse my ignorance and if I'm being stupid i'l blame the fact that im on my way to the wonderful world of ketosis lol........ But what is 5 htp????

I'm only mentioning it because I have noticed a familiar change in my behaviour and mood since Weds, I'm definitely not pre-empting it! It's bloody unpleasant having someone bring you up for being rude to them and having to apologise when you know it wasn't strictly you in your best light...

I've just noticed that I've been getting flutters I recognise from before - so it's more of a 'hmmmm' than anything else.

Have tried 5-htp in my clubbing days to get over the Terrible Tuesdays as I have friends who swear by it but it never did much for me - I'm not one for popping pills - I only take paracetemol about 4 times a year. I might just be grumpy becasue the blue skies have gone away. But I think it was sunny when I had that fight on Thursday ;)

Hi Shell - it's a seratonin emulator - sort of unprescribed prozac.

How bizarre!!
I posted a link to ask if anyone takes 5-htp and then saw this thread!!!
Started taking 5-htp on Sunday and feel better already and have found that I am not hungry and craving food!!!
xx

Back