Cruise PV Parsnips-can we have them on a pv day??

kaynnate19

Just like the subject really, I'm starting the cruise phase tomorrow and was wondering if anyone knew if parsnips were allowed on the protein and veg days?

Thanks in advance :)

Good question! My book doesn't mention parsnips so I too will be interested in the replies. I love parsnips and somehow will be surprised if they are Cruise friendly ;) Saska

Thank for your replies :) it didn't mention them in my book either but it didn't mention it in the other phases either. I'm not keen on them but I thought they were the next best thing to not having potatoes!

Try the celeriac mashed, loads of black pepper or made into chips and roasted. Its a great alternative to potato xxx

Ooo I think I'll try that, I've never had celeriac before what does it taste like?

Emmmmm sort of celery tasting xxx

This was a question brought up a while ago and I said they weren't allowed, but someone else said they were. They're not in my book either so I haven't had them. Swede and turnip both are though.

Butternut Squash is great mashed or as chips. Sprinkle some herbs on them before you cook them as chips. Very yum x

Ooo butternut squash sounds nice. Do they taste like sweet potato?

Despite buying a few times over th years I never actually got to have sweet potato, I would keep forgetting to cook it and then end up having to throw away LOL. BNS is nice though. If mashing, but a bit of quark in there to cream it up.

I like bns wedges sprayed with fry light and plenty of salt and pepper. Cook till the edges are almost burnt and it tastes all caramelised!

I'm sure parsnips are allowed, I remember asking this at the start. I'll need to try celeriac! X

I'm going to try celeriac next weekend on my pv days.... Any good suggestions for cooking? I'm currently standing here waiting for my turnip and cauliflower to cook so I can mash and have with my Sunday chicken..... Not awfully excited I have to admit lol :/

Boil and mash with lots of black pepper. Or chip spray with fry light and roast.

I
Couldn't find celeriac in asda :(

I can never get it in asda. Tesco sell very small ones and lidl stock them.

I'm certain I've read in a Dukan chat somewhere that you are allowed it, but in very limited quantities. But searching for that info, I stumbled across this... I can't find the other thread... I've always avoided them myself personally... but they are one of my moooost fav veggies!

I've read in a Dukan chat somewhere that you are allowed it in limited quantities. But searching for that info, I stumbled across this:

rosemary I'm new with chatting. I sent this once, maybe didn't do it right. Where do turnips and parsnips fit into the cruise phase? I have a recipe for mashed turnips and parsnips which sounds good to me.

Rodrigo - moderator
Welcome to the chat, Rosemary! Turnips are in the 100 Allowed Foods. Parsnips may be a little too sweet to be allowed, unfortunately.

Parnsips aren't in my book, wonder if they are on the site. We do seem to be asking this often LOL.

I love cauli, esp with a EL Laughing Cow Cheese Triangle in it. Yummmm

Back