Parting from the old me...

jenna113

As I live alone, thank god, I don't have to cook for people (even though it is torture smelling my housemates food). Today, I decided to empty my cupboards and give all that food to my friend...

I have been procrastinating this since I started LL - it was like saying goodbye to the old me. Of course, I am glad that the old me, is vanishing...but still..it is so weird...it was like parting with something precious (yet potent).

Hope this does not sound as freaky..he he

(posted this by mistake on CD)

Well Jenna thats great that you have started to remove you emotional 'Baggage" as well as your physical!
Well done!

It was very hard, Pix!!!!!! :wave_cry:

Glad I did it though. :p

that's a fab idea Jenna - I live on my own too. Wondering what I should do with food - don't think charity shop will take that and don't think I know where the nearest homeless shelter is, but will look into that.

could always make up food basket for a charity raffle donation, but there would be very bizarre things in it and it wouldn't be a healthy prize!! Anyone got any ideas?

have not told people at work about LL so don't want to take food there, but some have made comments about me losing weight which has really motivated me. Nothing could motivate me more than this site though - whoever invented this deserves a medal!:D

that's true. this site is like therapy.

well maybe give it to a close friend. my friend is on the GI diet and lots of the food I have is relevant for her. I had to.........so having my cupboards bare is such a sigh of relief...and frightening at the same time!!!!!!!!!

If you ring salvation army they usually have soup kitchens who are always wanting food! I'll be doing the same in terms of emptying the house but will give to various friends & neighbors who are wanting all my herbs etc!!

Well Done Jenna,

That is a big hurdle to get over. I wish i could empty my cupboards or live on a deserted island for another four months!!

Jenna - you're a real inspiration - thank you (from another singleton!)

ff thanks for Salvation Army idea - that's a good idea. Will see if I can do that.
N-M

yes I wish I could empty our cupboards!

But my husband and 2 yr old may complain....

If you can't find anyone to give it to, I would bin it! I know its a bit drastic and such a waste, but whats worth more? A few pounds worth of food or your health?

Mags
xxx

thank you both - I know I'll not get round to it during the evenings this week, so will make a real effort to so it next weekend. Will bin anything opened etc (don't think I could give away half packets of pasta etc could I?) and will phone the Salvation army about the rest.

what a difference this will make to my cupboards but also to my attitude to thinking about food again in 70 days time.

this is such a fab site!:D

Back