PARTY BUZZ

Skinnycotton

Likes to lose
I am on week 6 now and went out for the first time to a birthday party last night (sad life i know). I wasn't drinking or eating, it was open bar and buffet.
Firstly I was delighted to fit into a pair of black trousers that didn't quite close on me 3 weeks ago:) and then I wore all black to emphasis the new profile of figure coming through :D.
I was only in the door and 2 minutes and the compliments came flying at all angels.....it was great, everyone (women) wanted to know how I am doing this, escpecially my 2 aunts who suffer bad with yoyo diets like i did. I drank water all night and danced all night.:party0049: Anyone Irish out there will understand this bit.... people were saying " fair play to you for getting up dancing and having the crack without drinking"(like you cant do it without drink)
I had a great night, I am now up, had my shake and on the computer while everyone else is dying :D:D:D.
I somehow thought I might have ended up sitting in a corner thinking "will I drink?" "will i eat" and twirling my thumbs waiting to go home....
I think the moral of what I am saying is the Buzz I got off all the compliments, gave me such confidence and I really enjoyed the night, anyone thinking of going out while on LT and wondering should they drink there is absolutly no need whatsoever you dont need it at all the confidence is a better buzz :bliss:xxxx

Well done you! Firstly for not giving in to the drink and the food. I agree some compliments can give you just the same buzz as a glass of wine etc. Sounds like your focused and on your way!:p

Great post Louise, glad you had a nice night you did well to see the night through with not so much as a moan once xxxx;)

Great post Louise, glad you had a nice night you did well to see the night through with not so much as a moan once xxxx;)

No comment ;)

Well done for keeping strong. I should have gone on a hen party last night but ducked because of LT.

Well done for keeping strong. I should have gone on a hen party last night but ducked because of LT.

You deffo shouldnt have done that... You dont want to miss out just because your on LT!! besides you can still have a laugh and dance without drinking? (thought i'd never say that:eek:) and the best part is if you drive you have a taxi ready for you :D:D:D next time you've something on try it, you'll be surprised... I was :D

well done skinnycotton on resisting tempataion:happy096: as a fellow Irish lass I understand exactly what you mean... its very hard not to go out and have a drink people think there is something wrong with you!! Us Irish are weird :)

Now Lumpyroo,speak for yourself! you are both right,its kinda expected of you to have a drink in order to have some craic but craic can be had without the booze!

well done you!! Glad you had a good night xxxxx

Glad ya had a good nite hun.. i dont think id be able ta do it just yet tho!!!

Me either, maybe in a few more weeks.

I have a ball to go to in june. I just hope Im off it by then so I can enjoy all the lovely food and drink.

But well done to you for getting this far and having the guts to go out. Think its all about how strong you are mentally and now you have seen the results you want to carry on to your goal!!

Well done :)

Do you know you've just made me realise the importance of getting over that hurdle (going out)
I went out on Friday night for the first time since being on LT too, and I took with me some fizzy water... people were quizzing on why I wasn't drinking, and simple answer was I had to drive, which mentally gave me a good, valid excuse. It was a little more difficult when all the hot pasties and chocolate birthday cake came out though, lol.
But even though I didn't have a drink, I still boogied, and really enjoyed the night. I even sang Karaoki(?Spelling?) which I never ever do without at least one drinkies down me!!
so anyway, thanks for posting this thread, It's actually made me feel quite chuffed with myself, and I bet you do too! :D:D:D xxx

well done for being a good girl louise ,isnt it funny watching everyone else drunk ,it makes you think doesnt it xx

It definately does ... its hilarious!!! and i love the fact that i can remind everyone in the morning :D:D

I have a ball to go to in june. I just hope Im off it by then so I can enjoy all the lovely food and drink.

I think you'll feel differently about that later on, its still early days :D:D:D but goodluck with your weigh in today xx (i see on your signature its today)

Back