1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Party Food HELP

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by iamdetermined, 10 June 2010 Social URL.

1. iamdetermined

iamdetermined Full Member

Hi All

I am having a party on Saturday and I have bought the usual suspect party food for everyone but wondered what on earth I could make myself as to not go totally out of control!!!

I eat a lot of SW quiches so would like something diffrent, possibly free, if not definetly very low syn.

I would like to have had the same as everyone else but over the past two weeks I have gain a pound and a half xxx

Please help.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. libbywhite

libbywhite gonna do it

Okay well you could try make your own sandwiches?? i.e. have a plate of rolls, bread all ready buttered, then have a selection of meats on another plate + a dish of coleslaw, salad etc so people can put them together themselves, therefore you can avoid the bread (if on red), cold cooked new potatoes, Pasta are also good? Plenty of salad boiled eggs pickled eggs! Allow a few syns too? :)

Hope this helps
  4. libbywhite

libbywhite gonna do it

I know it isn't so different sorry, but it gives you an excuse not to syn!
  5. libbywhite

libbywhite gonna do it

6. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    SW houmous sounds yummy, you could have loads of veg to go with it, like cucumber, carrot, celery etc.

I want to go make some now :)
  7. Kater-tater

Kater-tater Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    cheese and pineapples on sticks? use babybells or measured amount of cheese so you know how many you get for an A and use fresh pineapple instead of tinned so its free. Homemade cotch eggs on EE would only be a few syns each. Veggies are boring but free, make some diffrent dips with quark to jazz them up. Cols chicken wings or drumsticks (no skin) with bbq sauce on or some other glaze. Homemade crisps done in the micro (alot of effort but free, would take you years to make enough for everyone but you could just make some for yourself), fat free cupcakes are 0.5 syns each and nice.
  8. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Chicken Skewers, Mince Meat Kebabs for a Red Day
    Falafels or Potatoe Salad for Green Day

ColeSlaw or Tabuleh for getting the Veggies in

Few Ryvitas with LC with Tomatoe/Cucumbers on top (to pick on throughout the party) for HEB

Mixed Fruit Salad?
  9. iamdetermined

Thanks everyone. Please keep the ideas coming xxx
  10. Heaven

Heaven Full Member

my famous FREE breaded onion rings and garlic mushrooms, its on here somewhere xx
  11. iamdetermined

Oh where i cant see them?

I need, i need xxxx
  12. iamdetermined

Thanks hun, excellent advice xxx
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.