Party (taster) Food for the SW Party

We haven't been told about one :( but the last taster session I took vegetarian sushi x

Julie

I am thinking of taking scan bran ferrero rochers or some kind of cake. My Chickpea cake went down really well last time.

I really struggle trying to think of a savoury thing other than quiche that i could take.

Kate;) x

Ours is next Monday evening and I was thinking of taking a pasta or couscous salad with roasted veg. I think most people from our group are taking sweet things and at least they will be free for those on green but looking forward to reading what you guys will be taking to get some inspiration:)

I'm stuck for what to make. We have decided to bring things that are free, I usually take something low syn, but now it has to be free its limited my choices. Sometimes we end up with nothing but quiche, I do like quiche but I want to do something different.

I am making the scotch eggs free on red day if count bread as hex, falafels free on green day and tortilla squares free on a green day all from the Aug/Sept mag. Our class is a Mon morning so we are trying to take in snack foods and nothing too heavy.

I couldn't find chicken mince so made the scotch eggs with pork mince and also did not use the full amount of bread for the coating as you definately didn't need it, think I used 3 slices of bread as I just did one at a time till I had all coated.

Ok great. Thanks for the tips, I bet they are nice with the pork mince too!
I might not get chance to try them out before so my first batch will be the ones I take so its really helpful to have any tweaks to the recipes beforehand.
Thanks Tracey!

Think I will be making turkey meatballs or mushy pea chicken curry with rice.

I am going to take Donnie's lemon meringue tarts with the smash potato base.
I took some to work and everyone thought they were yummy.

hmmm some good ideas there - I think I will take falafels with a raita dip but then I wanted to do something else nibbly too - those tortilla squares sound good but I don't think I have the magazine anymore - I will have a dig around & see if I can find it

We were told to do buffet type items, 60's theme if poss LOL but that was too restrictive for me

I am bringing maple glazed quorn cocktail sausages, and mini strawberry muffins

x

Eh? Unless she mentioned it last night (I stayed only for some of the class as OH needed the car) first I've heard of it...which is not like our C. I'll assume I missed the news lol.

Great thread for ideas - thanks xxx

OMG Stacey I haven't had red velvet cake since I moved to the UK! That's looks fab, I will have to try it out on family :)

xx

I've never actually tried red velvet cake! Was thinking of buying the box mix (you can get it online) but am going to have a go at making the cookies first as they're lower in syns. Going to replace sugar with Splenda Blends and may or may not do the filling with Quark - I might omit the filling and just keep them as cakey cookies drizzled with a bit of icing.

I am going to take Donnie's lemon meringue tarts with the smash potato base.
I took some to work and everyone thought they were yummy.
Meringue with smash base, is the recipe for this on here? Sounds a bit unusual. xxx Loobylou

Back