Pasta 'n' Sauce FAN CLUB!!!

loobylou im so made up!!!! i was the same as you, thinking of ways to tweak the recipe and onion was top of my list! really glad you enjoyed it, my whole family including my partner and 10 month old son loved it xxx

SCRUMMY! I made the cheese & potato flan tonight, and it was really filling. Yet another case of hubby saying 'hun, are you SURE you can eat this?', and me beaming from ear to ear saying 'uhuh. Makes me skinny!' lol
Thanks for sharing it with us.

One thing I used to do with the Pasta n Sauces, was save my Extras for cheese and 1oz on my syns.
Make up the packet of pasta sauce (any flavour to suit), chop cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, courgettes, sweetcorn and red, green and yellow peppers. Add some of the grated cheese to it.
Put it in a casserole bowl, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and grill until crispy...I would then serve with syn free chips.
Fancy that now!! Just wished that I could eat it! (had a gastric band and a severe restriction, but still like to share tips with fellow slimmers!)

ive just been to instore and they have loads of varietys of batchelors pasta n sauces and savoury rice really cheap! i got one of every flavour i could see lol (except egg fried savoury rice)

i did myself the chicken and roasted garlic one and swirled in 50g WW lowfat creme fraiche in at the end (2 syns i think) and it was delish!

Some of the recipes that have been posted for the pasta sauce packets sound great. I have just been having them boring as they are - not that they are that bad really. Gonna try some of the posted recipes.

.......... yeah but they are free Karen....

I dunno how SW works, but it does, so if you like them... go with it. x

I have them quite a lot, on their own for lunch or mixed with quorn and other things for tea. They are free so we dont need to count the calories, thats my theory anyway!

.......... yeah but they are free Karen....

I dunno how SW works, but it does, so if you like them... go with it. x

i guess - i suppose they are low in fat which helps them be sin free.

Precisely.
Don't question it...and don't try to create a diet within a diet. Just go for it! We all know it works! lol

They fill you up so much, who cares if they are 500 kcals!?!? And yeah, they're free. I don't even look at calories anymore. Pfffft.

I really want to try one of these quiches but I can't get my head around the cottage cheese thing. I don't like it cold. Is it nicer when you cook with it?

I've done it with very low fat fromage frais instead of cottage cheese (just because I didn't have any!) and it was still lovely so maybe you'd prefer that?

The flan does sound nice! Will have to give it a try this week.

My fave once-a-week meal is broc and cheese pasta & sauce made up with skim milk and water, add chopped broc and cauli to it at the same time as pasta. Top with cheese, garlic salt and black pepper when it's done. Yum!

mmmm. Speaking of broccoli... there's a really nice potato and cheese bake recipe in the new SW Magazine.

I might give it a try tonight. Will let ye all know how scrumptious it is

:) xxx

i found this recipe and it looks good, will be trying it for dinner tomorrow evening!

cheese and potato flan

You will need:
1pkt Cheese Smash
1pkt Batchelors Cheese & Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce
1 Tub Quark
3 Eggs
Sliced fresh tomato (optional)
What to do:
1) In a large bowl, empty Smash and Pasta 'n' Sauce. Add enough boiling water to just cover the ingredients, and stir well.
2) Add Quark and Eggs. (At this stage, it may look sloppy, but don't worry, tastes good in the end)
3) Pour into a Quiche dish and cover the top with sliced tomatoes (optional)
4) Place in 180 Degree oven for 30-35 mins.
This tastes like a Greggs Pasty (Without the pastry. Haha!)

Goes great with Slimming World chips and peas

not sure if it would have any sins? still new to this!

Ok, I made this today for lunch with some tweaking because I realised I didn't have all the ingredients! It was lovely!

I made it as above but used mushroom & wine pasta & sauce, chopped spring onion, cheese & onion smash, Total 0% and 3 eggs and then topped it with sliced mushrooms. Yummy!

Can't wait to try it with the cheese & broccoli pasta & sauce as it's my fave!

Looby - I just made your quiche recipe but without the rice.......... WOW, it's puffed up lovely, I can't wait to try it.

x

Glad you liked it, I love the Quiche, prefer the rice in it though, having it tomorrow, our SW consultant brought another one in this week but added Morrisons vegetable chili(free on green day) to it and it was lovely. xxx

Does anyone know if the supermarkets own brand is the same as pasta n sauce????

Back