Pasta question

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by zimbobimbo, 4 February 2011 Social URL.

1. zimbobimbo

zimbobimbo Full Member

Evening all :)

I have a question about pasta.

I weighed out my wholemeal pasta dry this evening on my weight watchers new scales and weighed 6 pp of dry wholemeal pasta.

I then cooked it and re weighed it as cooked wholemeal pasta and it was less than 6pp.

Is that right? If so how do I work out my pasta before I cook it so as not to waste it?

Thanks,

Rachel

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I would say the dry weight is more accurate because the cooked weight depends on how much water it has absorbed and water is 0. I think that makes sense :)

4. Say

Say Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I only ever weigh my pasta once, dried.

Then I cook it and cook it ... but 6pp of dried pasta that's a really nice amount (looks like stuff all in the pan when it's dried though!)

5. zimbobimbo

zimbobimbo Full Member

Thanks all. I guess I need to use two saucepans then, one for mine weighed as dry and one for the boyf's massive amount of pasta!

6. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh blow that. If that's what you need to do then I would weigh it cooked. It can't be that much different ;)

7. rachluvsbhg

rachluvsbhg Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.72%)
    Diet:
    Weight watchers pp
    I'm a two pan girl too! Then another two for veg as my other half feels physically violated if I give him veg! As Garfield once said 'the only way u'll get a vegetable in my body is to stake me thro the heart with a carrot' x

8. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Say you want 60g of dry pasta and your OH is having 120g. Weigh out 180g, cook it and then weigh it again. Two thirds is for your OH and one third is for you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.