pasta quiche

wenjenn66

Hi, I made the pasta quiche and it turned out like rubber does anyone else have this problem?
would be grateful if anyone has the proper recipe for me
This is the one that I have
Pasta Quiche
(Sin
Free - Green)
Ingredients;
1 packet of Batchelor's Pasta N' Sauce (Cheese, leek & ham flavour).
4 eggs
Black pepper
Tomatoes
Method;
1. Make the Pasta N' Sauce according to pack instructions, using all water instead of any milk. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Whisk the eggs. Stir in the Pasta N' Sauce and mix well.
3. Pour into a large flan dish, top with the sliced tomatoes & cook in the oven @ 190'C/375'F/Gas 5 for about 30 minutes until the eggs are set and the top is golden.

Tastes like
Quiche Lorraine; very tasty & travels well when cold (ideal for picnics, pack-ups, etc).

Variation:
You can also do this with a packet of Savoury Rice instead of the pasta, just makes yet another change.

Think the problem was that you left out the cottage cheese. I would usually add broccoli or peppers and mushrooms as well, makes it lighter. But really it is best without the pasta. Try making the base out of rice with a hx of cheese, really is lovely.

Yes you need more liquid if you are using the P&S so I'm not surprised it came out heavy. There is no standard recipe I'm afraid but most include cottage cheese and eggs - quantities depending on size of eggs and dish. I would normally use 300g cottage cheese and 4 medium eggs.

I made this mistake last week and my SW consultant told me if you use Pasta n Sauce in a quiche it is syned :( 3.5 syns per quiche :(

Back