Pasta sauce please?

gracie83

I am looking for some suggestions for a low syn pasta sauce.

I have the remains from todays roast chicken, some bacon medalions, veg and the pasta just need a sauce. Before I used to use the domino's stir in pasta sauces but I don't know if they are naughty or not!

I have never been able to make a suitable pasta sauce from scratch. They are always too watery and never stick to the pasta like a shop bought sauce does.

Any suggestions for a nice tomatoe based sauce please?

Post this in the reciepe section hun and I'm sure someone there will think of something "delightful" you can turn your chicken into!!

Scouzer. X

Not good!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dolmio Slow Roasted Garlic & Tomato Stir-In Sauce, ambient 150g pot[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 8 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 8 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

With practice pasta sauces do get better and are really tasty and syn free. Personally I love this one from the website but then I love spicy things!

subtitle_chilli_pasta_sauce.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Serves: 1
Syns per serving:
Free on Green and Original (add 6 Syns on Original if not using beans as a Healthy Extra)[/FONT]. Free on Extra Easy
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ingredients
1 carton of passata
113g can red kidney beans in chilli sauce
onion
chilli powder
cumin
garlic
mushrooms
Fry light[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Method
Fry the onions, mushrooms and garlic in Fry Light until onions are translucent. Add the passata, chilli beans, cumin and chilli powder and simmer for 20 minutes. [/FONT]

I make a sauce at work;

tinned tomatoes
dollop of puree
chopped swede
chopped courgette
chopped carrot
chopped onion
chopped red pepper
mixed herbs.

Bung it all in a pan, bring to the boil then simmer til the veggies are soft, allow to cool a little. Blitz it in the blender. Voila. You may find you need to add a little water. I make it in the steamer at work so don't need to but in a pan you might.

You can add chilli powder, curry powder, tumeric or any other spice you like to adjust the flavour. Serve with a little chopped coriander on top.

I use this sauce in bolognese, lasagnes, curries, the list is endless.

x

I make mine by frying chopped onion and mushrooms till soft, adding in about half a bottle of passata and a good sprinkle of Italian seasoning and basil, with a little water to thin it out just to cook the veg through. It's good to go in about 15 minutes.

Sautee some onions, garlic and chillies in a little olive oil (synned) and add a couple of tins of plum tomatoes. Simmer for 20 minutes on a low heat. Season with salt, pepper, a bit of stock cube and a pinch of splenda. Add some chopped basil and stir in your chicken. Voila!

My basic tomato sauce is really easy and can be adapted to make several variations

can chopped or plum tomatoes
splash soy sauce
splash worcesterhire sauce
stock cube
pinch sweetener
sprinkle of schwartz italian garlic seasoning
salt/pepper

Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 mins. If you keep on reducing the sauce it also makes a great topping for a pizza.

warm your leftovers in the pan, crumble a chicken oxo on them and add some oregano, then when they're warmed through, add some passata.

Seeeemples! And Syn FREE!

Back