Pasta sauces

Tigger2000

:eek: Hi I am a newbie and have been doing SW for 3 weeks, going ok. I am looking for some help as I would like some nice low or nil syn sauces for pasta to have on green days. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. :queen:

My favourite is a a ratatouille pasta sauce

Ingredients:
2 courgettes
1 aubergine
1 red onions
1 leek
2 peppers (any colour!)
2 tins of tomatoes
Garlic
Chilli flakes

Chop them all into similar sized pieces. Stick them all in a pan with some garlic (I use easy garlic) and a pinch of chilli flakes. Pour over 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, stir well and simmer for 20mins.

DELICIOUS!!

You could just do a simple chiili, basil and garlic one fry in fry light and chuck in tim toms. Boil it down so it thickens a bit and use salt n pepper to season. very simple sauce but great.

You can chuck in a tin tuna as a HB choice as well and sprinkle some HA cheese on top.

Me and the other half like ....

Spray a pan with fry light, add onion, mushrooms, green pepper, red pepper, mixed herbs, dried garlic, then when cooked add small tin of tuna and quark, mix then add the pasta to mixture. Yummy!

Sue

Me and the other half like ....

Spray a pan with fry light, add onion, mushrooms, green pepper, red pepper, mixed herbs, dried garlic, then when cooked add small tin of tuna and quark, mix then add the pasta to mixture. Yummy!

Sue

Oh Sue this sounds nice and I love Tuna, do you use it as a HEXB or syn it?? :flirt2:

cheers for that link circes

Sardinian pasta sauce - adapted for slimming world

Hi
This is a recipe my Sardinian friend Gemma gave me adapted - using spray light instead of olive oil!

I'm going to give you the amounts to make plenty so you can keep it in the fridge or to feed about 8 people

Peel 5/6 carrots - roughly chop
Peel and chop two large onions
add either a large leek or a stick of celery
(take strings out of celery) - chop,
roughly chop four garlic cloves
add 2 teaspoons of dried basil (or fresh)

Put all above ingredients into a very large plastic jug or bowl. Spray on fry light and stir through. cover with cling film and cook in the microwave for 20 mins

Remove - add 4 tins of plum tomatoes, stir through and put back in microwave for another 20 mins.

Food process in batches until smooth.

Serve with spaghetti. Put about l teaspoon of olive oil per person and grated parmesan or gran padano into spaghetti (count oil/cheese as syns) and if possible some fresh chopped basil. stir through and add a good quantity of hot sauce to cover pasta thickly. Voila!! its beautiful.

You can also add some pieces of swede to sauce, but it must always contain carrot, onion and either leek or celery. Never put mushrooms in it - just not done!!

Non slimmers can add grated parmesan on top as well!! Bon appetit.

Looks a long recipe, but its not - so simple - the hardest part is preparing the veg

Chris x

Back