Paul Mckenna 'I can make you thin' thread.

saraian24

Gold Member
Ive been following this plan for a week now - read the book, understand it and have even listened to the cd, but didnt feel hypnotised as such - though i didnt concentrate really! but enjoyed listening to it.

And even though paul recommends not too weigh i did a sneaky one and have lost 2.5lbs already. So very pleased. And the food im eating is amazing - ita all what I love - for example last night i had a pork chop with a serving of cottage pie and had some mini eggs afterwards. Only ate till i was full and really enjoyed my food!

I am finding it hard to slow down when i eat but i am concious of trying to eat slowly and realising when im full and not getting to the brink of being so stuffed i feel sick as i have done.

I hope in time the obsession with food will go - but its nice not dieting - its amazing and im so glad my friend recommended the book to me!

I am a long time follower of PMcK. Best thing I have ever done, although my intial discovery of his methods were purely by chance!!

I confess i feel a bit to full at the moment - ergghhh! now dont know now whether i can have tea when i wanted too as i want to be hungry - erm might plate something up for later instead so i dont eat before i am ready.
Anyone else find it hard to tell and get used to when their stomachs are full and empty etc?

I am useless at deciding where I am on the hunger chart :eek: What I am doing more often than not when I think about eating is thinking to myself: do you really want it or is it a passing fancy? are you eating just cos you're bored/tired? Taking the time to ask myself the question seems to be helping me loads :D

I think when i had my lunch i was in the mind set of thinking - i should have lunch as 5 mini donut things from asda werent going to be sufficent!
Been a touch bored today but still no emotional eating yet!
Maybe i could make this my Paul mckenna diary/ plus anyone ekse thats donig it as im really intersted in meeting others doing this plan if youcan call it that - lifestyle change?

I had a binge last night - was bored and up late and stressed ubt felt so damn ill this morning after the binge i wont be doing it again. Not ashamed though, still learning to programme my mind and just had NPL call to tell me that Paul is doing another seminar in london. Would love to go but just cant afford £287 :cry::cry::cry: so wish i could cos my ass would so be going :(

Apprently the seminar really brings everything home and are amazing. Gutted but istill have the book and CD so will do that too keep myself motivated.

Hi mate, sorry to hear you had a bad night :hug99: I went to one of his seminars, and yes it was pretty darn amazing. But to be honest, it was exactly the same as watching the programme on Sky, and although if I had the money I would love to go again, it isn't necessary. Re-read the book, listen to the CD, make them a habit, and you will find that it becomes second nature to you.

And of course, you have the support of like-minded people here :hug99: again.

I have never been to one of his seminars. I do find the tv programmes more inspirational than the cd's. I have them on my computer and watch them whenever I am getting a bit complacent.

Im goingh to have a look later on you tube to see if i can find it :)

Have had a munch out and feel nice and full. will be surprised if i want any tea tonight! :)

saraian24, Don't think this way. You don't need to spend £287 to hear what you already know, keep working at it and you will get there.

It is VERY difficult to break habits and mindsets that have been burnt into our lives over years and years.

Thank you Gareth - i knownwhat you mean - would be nice to see the man in action as such iykwkim? Maybe one day but at the moment no. Can't justify it, I have the book and cd anyway so I have everything I need.

Had a nice munch out earlier - think i put that?? was very nice and ate till i was stuffed - bit umcomfortable but im not hungry at all now and actually do not fancy tea at all.

Hope in a month my response towards hungar, being full is more prominant whereas now its quite diffiicult too tell!

How strangely liberating - the girls are cooking spaghetti bolognaise and I am looking forward to trying their creation - no worries about carbs, calories, etc - just 'excited' to try their cooking! :bliss:

Mainly on the back of this thread (& the other PMK one about at the mo) I bought his book yesterday and read it twice last night!
It has been very useful and right now I'm feeling soooo relaxed and calm around food which is fantastic!
How is everybody finding it being, as you are, further into it than i am?!:)
Daisy x

It has been very useful and right now I'm feeling soooo relaxed and calm around food which is fantastic!

Hiya Daisy :wavey:

The trick is not to question it or try to break it because you can talk yourself out of it (believe me, I know :rolleyes:) Enjoy how relaxed you feel,explore your taste buds and stick with the rules :D

I have to agree with DQ, stick to the rules, and try not to question what you are doing. Try and avoid the dieting mentality voices (my voices count calories :rolleyes:) enjoy yourself. I found when I tried in the early days to speed up the process I just lost the plot and put weight on!!!
If you mess up, no big deal just go back to it as soon as you can.
If you listen carefully to what you body is asking for you might find some surprising things. Mine asked for blueberries once. I have never had blueberries before. Went out and got them, boy they really hit the spot.
It still fascinates me how it works even after all the time I have been doing it.
My biggest issue is stopping when I am full. I know when I am full but really struggle to "waste" food.

Hiya Daisy :wavey:

The trick is not to question it or try to break it because you can talk yourself out of it (believe me, I know :rolleyes:) Enjoy how relaxed you feel,explore your taste buds and stick with the rules :D

I have to agree with DQ, stick to the rules, and try not to question what you are doing. Try and avoid the dieting mentality voices (my voices count calories :rolleyes:) enjoy yourself. I found when I tried in the early days to speed up the process I just lost the plot and put weight on!!!
If you mess up, no big deal just go back to it as soon as you can.
If you listen carefully to what you body is asking for you might find some surprising things. Mine asked for blueberries once. I have never had blueberries before. Went out and got them, boy they really hit the spot.
It still fascinates me how it works even after all the time I have been doing it.
My biggest issue is stopping when I am full. I know when I am full but really struggle to "waste" food.

:wavey:Hello!!
&:thankyou: both for the advice; it's definitely useful hearing from you with your wisdom and knowledge! I'll def just try and relax, enjoy it and accept it & hopefully will see some lovely results! It's only day three but I'm already feeling really used to it - mainly, i suppose, because it makes so much sense ;)
& i know what you mean about the tupperwear lol! Am just so glad there's so much of it in my house :D
Daisy x

Hi

I would love to join this thread - if it's still going.
I;ve been ding Paul's ICMYT since October last year and have had very pleasing results. So far I have lost 29 pounds, 6 inches from my waist, 4 inches from under bust 5 inches from my hips and 3 inches from each thigh - far far more importantly though I have stopped a lifetime of disordered eating and food no longer rules my life at all.

So basically I'm loving it.

I'm a NLPer myself so I always knew the techniques within the CD are effective (if a little generic in that format) and the 4GR's are just good sense - put 'em together and it has been a diet free revolution.

Is anyone else still on ICMYT? How's it going?

paul mckenna

I also bought the book long before the programme started. I listened to the cd and felt great, so great in fact that i sprayed myself with fake tan,cut 6 inches off my hair, got my glad rags on and hit the town drinking far too much and ending up in the chinese. I am grateful to Paul that he made me feel good about myself despite the weight but didnt make me diet I have tried since but I think exercise is the only way forward for me too scared what ill do if i listen to it again.

Back