PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

Well, maybe they will be when you're all slinky and even more gorgeous?? Hmm, maybe not ha!

That's interesting about your job Paula. I used to work for a housing association, but not within general needs housing, but in a department that dealt with supported living, sheltered accommodation and extra care (frail, elderly). I had a lot of dealings with tenants support workers. Found it all very rewarding :)

xx

Oh I just love it, and it is so rewarding! One of my service users is going to be 60 next week and he's just so adorable. I'm so looking forward to the party we've organised for him and seeing his face when he opens all his pressies... not looking forward to watching them all scoff a Chinese meal whilst I sit there sipping water mind you! I'll get through it and I'll feel great for it afterwards.

I do sometimes speak to the housing association in emergencies but they also have housing support workers who deal with the rent and housing issues so not too often. I only started doing this in October and have never done anything like this before, I've worked in data analysis & reporting for most of my working life. OK so I have to work strange hours and weekends and the pay is not great but I really couldn't care less because I really feel like I'm doing something worthwhile (not just manipulating spreadsheets so the stupid fat cats can see how rich they are!) Also I work on my own, no one to answer to on a daily basis, well except my service users of course who (all but one - who I'll no doubt come on here to rant about at some point) are a dream to deal with.

I'm gonna go now, I'm scaring myself with all this gushing positivity!!! :crazy:

See you all tomorrow when it will be DAY 7 woo!

xxx

Morning! Day 7 :D

I've woken up with a bit of a headache today so I know I didn't drink enough yesterday so will make sure I get enough down me today.

At the opticians yesterday, I ended up pre-warning him about my breath! Crrriiiiiinnnggggeee!!! Why do I do that??? I just blab things out when I'm embarrassed, I can't help it! Anyway, it only came about because he asked me if I was taking any medication and I thought maybe LT might affect my eyes so just to be safe I let him know. Anyway he was lovely about actually seemed quite interested in how I was getting on but still... I'm a big blabbery cringefest!

I plan to do lots of housework today and get this place ship shape, looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow! Pudge, how are you getting on with sourcing that lamp?? :giggle:

Pxx

Warning: Food mentioning below...

Well today was going well until hubby decided to cook himself some belly pork with crackling... now, I am not normally one for any kind of meat except chicken and bacon. You could offer me a steak, roast pork, lamb and I would refuse, I'm just not into it. But this belly pork has had me salivating all flippin' day while it's been roasting away in that oven and when he took it out it just looked so delicious - all juicy and cracklingy I had to muster ALL of my strength just to not take a bite! and i didn't:innocent0002:

It then sent me into sabotage mode, I was thinking all sorts of crazy thoughts about what I could eat that wouldn't take me out of ketosis, eggs, chicken... you know the script! Anyway I gave myself a good talking to, gulped down a choc shake and here I am feeling a bit peeved but polishing my halo :D

I know I wasn't hungry just fancied something, this is a habit I need to get out of otherwise I'm going to be back to square one!

Roll on weigh in tomorrow!

xx

P.S. Hubby has just finished his belly pork and now feels sick :sign0151: serves him bludy right! :giggle:

Excellent willpower! I think now we realise that we do just crave things out of habit and that its nothing to do with hunger that we are able to do this. I really think we're all going to do this!!!

Mmmmmmm crackling!!

Lol! I know! I wouldn't normally see the appeal, isn't crackling the same as pork scratchings? Bleeuugghhh its pure fat and sometimes has hair growing out of it, or worse... a nipple! :giggle:

I once had a girlfriend with really hairy nipples, i'd like to say as a man I was above such cosmetic imperfections but I couldn't, I always thought of Tom Sellecks moustache!

Pork scratchings however, bliss!

I once had a girlfriend with really hairy nipples, i'd like to say as a man I was above such cosmetic imperfections but I couldn't, I always thought of Tom Sellecks moustache!

PMSL!!

Fab that you have a job you love so much :)
Don't start me on the cooking smells! Am dealing with it here tonight in full force AGAIN. Hubby did the boys tea when they got in, and I got through that, and now am having to deal with other yummy smells wafting upstairs as he's decided to cook for himself now. Why can't he eat at the same time as the boys? grrrrr No idea what he's making, and not asking, but it smells LUSH!
Well done on resisting the belly pork. I love it! and the crackling. Ewww to the nipple though. Never thought about that before on the crackling! Will be playing close attention if I can ever bring myself to eat it again in the future! lol Not eaten pork scratchings since I was a teenager. Do generally have a healthy diet, but got fat on all the choc and crap I ate on top of my meals *sigh*

xx

Gross:eek: didn't she do anything about them? Did you ever say anything?

Gross:eek: didn't she do anything about them? Did you ever say anything?

PMSL again! (almost literally... had to run to the loo in the middle of typing this! TMI?? Maybe :p)

I once had a girlfriend with really hairy nipples,

PMSL at everybody! .. poor girl,, she should have got that sorted! ergh! ....

pork scratchings however are rare in ireland so whenever i was pubbing it in england id get some...they are lovely... but not when you think about the fat part..or the hairy nipple part...

I dont think i could stomach them now after that! .....thanks lol! x

Fab that you have a job you love so much :)
Don't start me on the cooking smells! Am dealing with it here tonight in full force AGAIN. Hubby did the boys tea when they got in, and I got through that, and now am having to deal with other yummy smells wafting upstairs as he's decided to cook for himself now. Why can't he eat at the same time as the boys? grrrrr No idea what he's making, and not asking, but it smells LUSH!
Well done on resisting the belly pork. I love it! and the crackling. Ewww to the nipple though. Never thought about that before on the crackling! Will be playing close attention if I can ever bring myself to eat it again in the future! lol Not eaten pork scratchings since I was a teenager. Do generally have a healthy diet, but got fat on all the choc and crap I ate on top of my meals *sigh*

xx

Ugh Jayne, it's horrible isn't it? Still, when we're "better" we can have a little bit of what we fancy again one day! Got to get through this first though... any luck on that genie in a lamp? :giggle:

pork scratchings however are rare in ireland so whenever i was pubbing it in england id get some...they are lovely... but not when you think about the fat part..or the hairy nipple part...

I dont think i could stomach them now after that! .....thanks lol! x

I watched a TV show recently about them, think it might have been Jimmy's food factory or something and they showed how they were made and I think they try to remove any nipple parts tbh but I've deffo seen them with hair on!! :yuk: PMSL poor little piggy nipples!

How you doing today pudge? x

erghh!! you sure like your weight loss and food shows like me hey! :) feeling better today thanks,, tired but positive!.... im still in search of that lamp.....egypt is a big place lol :) im determined to find it!

poor little piggy nipples...PMSL!!!!

Hiya Paula! Love your conversation about pork scratchings....yes they are disgusting and how people can eat them when they are hairy is beyond me!!
Something you mentioned before about you pharmacy being funny with you about ordering different things, I sell it myself and for me they will credit me for a box of anything if it goes out of date, so they don't need to worry about being stuck with it and losing money. However, I don't know if it will work the same way for your phamacy because they are doing it via private prescription, but it would be worth asking. It would be a shame if it stopped you from trying the whole delicious range :rolleyes:
And yes! The recommended price is £36 pounds at the moment nobody is being ripped off!

Yeah I love a food show, me! Not interested in cookery shows atm though, I wonder why?! lol I'm off work at the moment so been enjoying a bit of TV on the lappy with headphones on while hubby is playing his PS3 with the highly irritating music! Arrgghh!

Keep up the positivity, get some sleep for the tiredness :giggle: I could be a doctor ya know!

Well that's it... Day 7 over and an early night for me because I feel like its Christmas eve and I'm 8 only tomorrow isn't Christmas day :( ... it's weigh in day and I've been a good girl, lets hope santa scales has rewarded me! :D

Night night xx

:eek: weigh in day today :eek:

Have weighed in at 19st 0.5lbs at home, making my (at home) week 1 = 9.5lbs off! :D Not going to get too excited until I get my official weigh in later this morning though. I'll be back! :D

xx

Back