Paul's Lipotrim Diary

Redpaul

Hello folks,
I'll start by introducing myself a wee bit. My name's Paul and I'm 40 years old. I was always very athletic in my teens and early twentys but because of persistant football injuries I stopped playing and exercising when I was 24. Sixteen years on and I'm now almost 17 stone, and the only reason I'm not heavier is because I cycle 10 miles to work and back every day. I'm 5 foot 9 with a big build so I've aways been on the heavy side.
Now that I have a 6 year old son I've decided it's time to live a healthier lifestyle so I can enjoy seeing him growing up.
I have 6 workmates either on the TFR or Maintenance diets so I have plenty of people to talk to when I need it as well as reading the various diaries on here for inspiration.
The last 2 months I've completely stopped the fry-ups in the works canteen and crisps and chocolate from the vending machines. I've also cut down on the drink big time since my boy was born and even more so the last year or so. From going to the pub 3 or 4 times a week I'm now down to maybe once a month if even that.
I've also started swimming again after a gap of about 20 years!
Today (Sunday) is the first day of the rest of my life and I started with the strawberry shake. Was pleasantly surprised as it went down well, reminding me of the cheap own brand flavoured milks I used to get in the garage on the way to work.
I'm hoping to take to this diet pretty easily as I work on a production line so I'm always busy and luckily I have a water dispenser beside me so I'm constantly drinking water anyway. I'm also a keen photographer so at weekends I'm busy photographing football and wildlife so I've got plenty to keep my mind off food.
Sorry for the long first post and I promise my updates will be short and sweet :)

Paul

Last edited:
Hi paul. Good luck with your diet. Ou will find loads off support on here should you need it. looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Pamela.

All the best Paul, you sound so positive! :)

Hello Paul! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking the first steps to the new you :) I bet you'll get on great!

Tc XxX

ooo i love reading a good ramble please don't feel you need to make your posts short !!!, Welcome, well done so far and good luck with the rest x

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.
My first day is almost over and I can't believe I haven't had any hunger all day! I usually stuff my face on Sunday's! Dinner in mum and dads then snacks watching the football.
Just had my second shake (chocolate) and must say I prefer the strawberry. Having the vanilla for breakfast before work tomorrow.
Really looking forward to work now for some reason. I think it's because I know I'll be busy all day so I'm hoping I won't even notice the hunger.
I'll update after work.

Paul

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I hope you have a great and successful week!

Thanks for all the replies and welcomes.
My first day is almost over and I can't believe I haven't had any hunger all day! I usually stuff my face on Sunday's! Dinner in mum and dads then snacks watching the football.
Just had my second shake (chocolate) and must say I prefer the strawberry. Having the vanilla for breakfast before work tomorrow.
Really looking forward to work now for some reason. I think it's because I know I'll be busy all day so I'm hoping I won't even notice the hunger.
I'll update after work.

Paul
If your a coffee lover in the morning!!! Use your vanilla shake as a whitener!!! Really fills you up!!! x

Best of luck Paul you will do fantastic with all the exercise and the water you currently drink.
With the shakes some weeks I only had chocolate sachets and I always had them hot - so I would mix it with a little water in the shaker and then top it up with boiling water. ( top tip do not put hot water in the shaker and then shake it, it will explode and give you a chocolate shower :8855:- not a nice thing to do first thing in the morning)
You are lucky that you have the support of co workers, at school none of my colleagues knew I was on TFR - I did not want them to know.

weigh in -13st 1lb
week 1 -12st 4lb 11lbs lost
week 2 - 11st 13lbs 5lbs lost
week 3 - 11st 9lb 4lbs lost
week 4 - 11st 5lb 4lb losti
week 5 - 11st 2 3lb lost part TFR and refeed

Just a quick update.
It's my second day and I feel great :)
Just tried the vanilla and I think we have a winner.
Off to work soon and not expecting any problems because I know I'll be kept busy.
Will update when I get home.

Paul

Quick question.
I haven't eaten since Saturday and I feel fantastic and have I've had no hunger whatsoever. I thought the first 3 days where supposed to be the worst or am I one of the lucky ones?

Paul

You must be one of the lucky ones!!! Peopl normally find the first week tough!!! But I think you'll be just fine!!! X

good for you sounds like you are going to find this a breeze

Back