pcos and trying for a baby

They said that to my friend she been trying for 9 yrs had 18 mnts of clomid and nothing did the drilling and the told her she would have to go private but then they gave her one last round of clomid and now she's a proud mummy of twins don't give up ask if you can up you clomid to 150 mg when i was ttc the first time they put me on 50mg of clomid and it didn't work so i up it 100mg and it work now i have my beautiful boy x

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here for sharing your stories. Congratulations to everyone who has been successful in either TTC or adopting. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS and really worried about conceiving even if its a few years off for me yet (I'm 26 though so times a ticking). Your stories really give me hope that things can be sorted.

Thank you.

Hi, I know no ones written here in a long time but I'm just fed up at the minute. Gone to the end of testing and been told IVF is the only route now but they won't look at us until my BMI gets to 30 or below. Joined slimming world to try get down to the weight they will look at me on but it's been such a long painful road, nice to see people getting their wishes granted :)

Hi monkey I've just finished my cycle of ivf icsi, and got a faint positive on 13dpo I'm going for my bloods tomorrow. Stay strong, my bmi was 34 and they let me start but they had a maximum of 35 but any weight loss is good. Keep positive :) xx I post on the trying yo conceive board xx

Congrats Slimming girl, it's great to see others succeed, it really pushes me on. Some day it'll happen it's just the long road seems daunting something :)

Just had my bloods confirmed it's deffo real I'm pregnant 1st time with ivf icsi. It does work hehe xx

Just popping by to let people know that I now have a ten month old baby :D I lost weight, I took metformin, I got healthy, I took clomid, I spent all my teens and almost all of my thirties thinking it wasn't possible, and here I am at 38 with a baaaabeeeeeeeeee :D Just thought you might find that helpful xx ..of course, now I have to lose the pregnancy weight! wish I'd known you can do slimming world healthily while pregnant instead of piling on the pounds! oops :D

Just popping by to let people know that I now have a ten month old baby :D I lost weight, I took metformin, I got healthy, I took clomid, I spent all my teens and almost all of my thirties thinking it wasn't possible, and here I am at 38 with a baaaabeeeeeeeeee :D Just thought you might find that helpful xx ..of course, now I have to lose the pregnancy weight! wish I'd known you can do slimming world healthily while pregnant instead of piling on the pounds! oops :D

When you say you took Metformin was that to lose weight or to assist with conceiving? I've got an 8 month old baby. We struggled to conceive, took two years and only conceived following a laparoscopy. We're wanting to try for number two in June but I really struggle with my weight. SW and WW just don't work on their own for me and I can't do a vlcd.

I just joined this site, but wanted to say thank you for sharing your little bundle of joy. I am working towards getting to a healthier weight and stabilizing my hormones because we are going to try to get pregnant in Sept. 2015! I find success stories very motivating!

I also have PCOS.

It's strange because our first baby was conceived straight away, however our second baby took 16 months. We just never thought it would happen. We were due to start taking clomid, and my partner was due to have some sperm tests. We went on holiday and decided we just wouldn't try anymore and just go with the flow. I got back from holiday and found out I was pregnant a few weeks later.........

Back