• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

pcos

tracy1987

S: 13st8lb C: 13st8lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 32.6 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi everybody. Not been on here since 2011. I have been battling with pcos now for 14 years. I have lost 4 and 1/2 stone and fell pregnant in 2017 to which i suffered a missed miscarriage. I gained 1 stone due to grieving but now i want to get back on track. I was wondering if slimming world is any good for pcos sufferers and fertility. As i have read up that you are supposed to be eating wholegrain and not wheat flour, etc. Has this worked for anybody with pcos?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Miss Scarlett Blue

S: 21st11lb C: 20st11lb G: 11st10lb BMI: 47 Loss: 1st0lb(4.59%)
I have PCOS. I am sorry for your loss. I have been there and know how it feels.

Unfortunately the fertility treatments I had did not work for me and I have not been able to have a child, but don’t give up as many people with PCOS do have children.

I saw a consultant during my fertility treatment( this was over 10 years ago so just bear that in mind) and I was given advice about being insulin resistant (many PCOS sufferers are). I try to be careful about the carbs I have - SW is fine with PCOS and I have now lost a stone in 5 weeks, but I am careful with free foods, especially carbs, and I am trying to control my portions of these. I was also advised to try and eat complex carbohydrates. SW is good for this with the HEXB choice. I tend to use this for breakfast with my porridge and any bread I have I use syns for and make sure it is wholemeal. I was also advised to avoid processed food as much as I can and to eat organic food, particularly fruit and vegetables. I do this as much as I can afford to. I was advised to use olive oil rather than sunflower (I now use an olive oil spray) and butter rather than margarine (due to butter being more natural). On SW I am not having either. She also advised to drink proper coffee rather than instant, again due to being processed / use of chemicals. There’s probably others I have forgotten but in general try to eat this which are natural or as close to their natural state as possible.

I have really piled on weight the last few years for a variety of reasons and was mortified when I got weighed just before Christmas. I have tried WW in the past, but it is not for me so I decided to give SW a go and so far it is working for me.

good luck and keep in touch / ask any more questions