pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

Today I have physio, so one 20 minute walk already done, 2 to go.
Poached eggs on toast for brekkie, tomato and basil soup with 4 ryvita and Philly

Dinner tonight is a ' work in progress' in other words I haven't got a clue yet.

Had a rubbish last few days, but back on plan today.

Breakfast - cheese and mushroom omelette , grapes and mug of tea - hea

Lunch - mushroom soup, banana - 1.5 syns

Dinner - tarragon chicken and veg smash pie. Cabbage, cauliflower, carrots, gravy - 1heb, 2 syns (gravy)
Blackcurrant mousse - 1.5 syns

Snacks- tea, grapes. Options -2 syns

Syns total 5

image-760471772.jpg

MUSHROOM SOUP - serves 4. 1.5 Syns per bowl.

2 onions finely chopped,
4 garlic crushed
400g mushrooms sliced
1litre veg stock
1 tsp thyme, 1 tsp rosemary
100ml sherry
Salt and pepper

Frylight a pan, add onions and garlic and heat until softened. Add mushrooms and herbs and cook for 2 mins, then add stock and simmer for 15 minutes, add sherry cook for 5 mins more . blend and serve with sautéed mushrooms

image-2343217216.jpg

Tarragon chicken pie
-----------------

This one requires left over veg from Sunday roast for example.

Pack of instant mash
2 chicken breasts
Tsp tarragon
Salt pepper
Chicken stock cube or chicken Bovril
Chicken gravy granules
Garlic granules,
Onion powder
Cayenne or paprika

Chop chicken into bite sized pieces and fry in frylight. add tarragon.
Mash left over veggies and add to chicken When cooked . I had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, sprouts and parsnips - mashed them into a mush and added to pan. Add veg stock cube and gravy granules and enough water to make to a sauce consistency . Add salt and pepper. Allow to cool. Mix instant mash to stiff like pastry add garlic granules/ onion powder / paprika etc or herbs to add flavour. Roll out and make a pastry like bottom and lid for a small pie dish. I did individuals like you get in a fish shop, but you could do a larger one. Fill with chicken mix, add Lid and bake for 15 mins .

Last edited:
Tuesday 5th feb

Daughter off sick with a cold again today but should be well enough for tomorrow. Bless her.

Went to tesco today a new one, couldn't find silken tofu nor polenta where they should be so will try again tomorrow in waitrose .

Cappuchino for breakfast (a)
Mushrooms on toast for lunch (b)
Swede & cheese topped shepherds pie and veg

hi my name is lin I started sw 31 jan 2013 lost 10lb up to now but just carnt seem too loose any more come to a stand still if you no what I meen need loads of surport as I feel a bit down at moment hope you don't mind me posting here as I thing you are doing great good luck

Hi Lin of course I don't mind, join in anytime and have a chat. I know the feeling of grinding to a halt. I have a recipe thread on here called pebbles and the gangs great grub recipes which you are very welcome to try what you like. I think you should be able to access the page via the link at the end of each of my posts. Also I have a thread ' anyone weigh on a Thursday and want to join' its a support thread for the gang to drop in . You' d be very welcome anywhere you wish and you don't have to weigh on a Thursday to pop in. Xx

thank you so much sorry i never got backto you sooner but i just keep geting lost am new here and dont no my way around , i would love to join your group and try your recipies thank you again

thank you so much sorry i never got backto you sooner but i just keep geting lost am new here and dont no my way around , i would love to join your group and try your recipies thank you again

Fab, pop over to the recipe thread Anytime and let me know how you get on with Any recipes. The other Thursday thread is ' anyone weigh on a Thursday ' so just search on the weekly weigh ins thread. If you click to subscribe to thread then any you subscribe to will stay on your screen so you don't have to search for them. Any problems let me know , dee x

Back