image-3674120874.jpg

Tuesday chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with cheese and red presto

image-3882117791.jpg

Last nights quiche

image-862365833.jpg

tomato soup

image-495289388.jpg

marrow soup

Off to work now then more baking tonight. Going to do cannelloni tonight, and scotch eggs for tomorrow's lunches . Probably do a carrot cake too x

january 3rd - 2012

wow a new year, what on earth will this one hold?
so its back to the diary. a stone of gainage to lose - oh yes its gonna be a sinch - not! (think thats cinch, isnt it?)

breakfast
eggs poached x2, 2 toast (1b)
mushrooms, tomatoes , bacon

lunch
parma ham, melon

dinner
petes turkey butternut squash curry n rice

cheese board - gorgonzola, cheddar and blue (2 x a's)

6 maltesers = 5syns

heres to day 1 (again!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Last edited:
Hello green Wednesday .
What a shock to the system, up early to get kids to school. Blustery old day thanks weather. Drop off at school then I had an errand to run for my dad. He lives in Nottingham but needed some light fittings collecting from a shop in Chelsea so drove up and collected them, which meant no breakfast. Grabbed a costa cappuccino at tesco garage.
BAck home by 1130 and set to scrubbing bath and bathroom floor. Burnt off some calories there. Then got ready for my afternoon shift at work. 2-630pm.
Just about time for a lovely
lunch
of a bowl of 'get back on it soup' recipe on my recipe link below. Love that soup.
Accompanied by a melted Brie and cranberry sandwich made with heb and hea allowances plus 1tbsp cranberry sauce (1 syn) zapped in microwave for 30secs. Yummy . Activia raspberry snackpot and off to work.

Busy old afternoon at work in family planning clinic, everyone and her sister pitched up. Managed to bypass the chocolate mallow teacakes that the Drs were munching on and hAd a cup of tea with sweetex 2 bananas and an apple. The surgery buy staff biscuits each week plus restock a bowl of fruit which I think is fab. Home by 715pm and made 'BARNEYS RICE' with leftover turkey Which I love (recipe on recipe link)
Only 2 syns so far ( marg and cranberry sauce) 1 hea - brie cheese
2 hebs - bread + turkey ,
Therefore time for cuppa and 6 maltesers for 5 syns Day 2 on plan you beauty

Last edited:
hiya thursday

hows everyone doing?ok?
i was thrilled to weigh in this morning and see i have lost 2 lb in 2 days of not eating like a horse preparing for ther derby.
this morning i prepared breakfast and lunch for work.
breakfast
low fat yogurt mixed with banana and muesli (1B)
1 belvita breakfast biscuit cos i bought them for the kids and wanted to try one - ok but at 56 calories thats 3 syns per biscuit - the same as a chocolate mallow teacake ! mmmmmmm no brainer!

lunch
ham, lettuce and salad cream (2 syns) sandwich (1B)
skips (5 syns) satsuma, apple and activia fat free snackpot

off to tesco after work and before school run to grab a few bargains listed on here. be back later with my finds

cant possibly be thursday again already - i really must sort my time out. work / school/ kids/ and suddenly its thurday again. phew!

ok so, friday last week i had magic porridge which i love and it was nice to resurrect an old fave of mine for the work days. its always that or muesli with fruit and natural yogurt. to be honest im getting fed up with mullers and switched to shape ones as they are creamier but as onken fat free were on special offer (tesco 3 for £3) i decided to get a shed load of those instead for a change. i have to say i do prefer the onken with the magic porridge so the taste test panel say yah! to onken. ' up the onken':happy096:

lunch friday at work was 4 ryvita with low low the chilli spreadable one- oh my oh my i love it, it gives that kick and relieves any blandness one may feel from the plain spreads. although to be honest - i just love food full stop. bland or not!

anyway this was accompanied by cucumber, lettuce celery and salad cream (syns)

dinner that night was a cheese omelette.
and a late night watching soaps.

saturday brought with it a fraught visit from other halves kids. i dropped mine off at their dads, wandered the shops and had a manicure- bliss!
nothing for lunch and then other half suggested a chinese buffet for dinner once kids had gone. - oh here we go again . food and me have this relationship where i cannot say no. he knows this so he is really not helping , however - i know hes trying to reward me for a 4lb loss since restarting. well we went anyway and i didnt overeat and felt better for having not gorged myself. didnt enjoy it quite so much though. settled to watch a film on the sofa and yet another late night.

sunday - missed breakfast as so full from last night. but had eggs on toast for a late lunch. popped to my friends for coffee and a bit of TLC. on my return i threw a ham joint in the slow cooker and for dinner we had a gorgeous meal of copious amounts of ham, carrots and mash with gravy granules.

image-1457280425.jpg

monday was a sorting out morning before work at 230pm. loads of boxes had been brought down from the loft and needed all my christmas grotto ornaments repacking. i set to and made a good dent in it. the lounge however was packed with boxes and it resembled something along the lines of the embankment at night. the kids loved it as their bedrooms are tips anyway (which i refuse to enter anymore.) so they were not phased at all by the obstacles.
off to work then dinner was a favourite of everyones - minted lamb chops, mashed swede with cheese grated in, a flat mushroom with philly and then cheese on top. plus half a jacket with knob of flora light (syns). beautiful.

image-105619689.jpg

but then later after OH had gone to bed i was accousted by half a pack of choccie biscuits and a pack of pringles- what was i thinking. ??? to head them off - i ate them and they were no more. alas that was not the last i heard of the army of nasties. the following night the other half of the pack assembled in the kitchen doorway and i wrestled them to the ground screaming and kicking. - and ate the survivors. :eek::mad:

oh dear !

knowing i had gained 2lb from what id lost last week i was gutted and appalled with myself. - so onwards and upwards.
tuesday - i threw some mince, 2 spag bol stock cubes and a carton of passata, garlic granules, chopped carrot celery and onion all into a slow cooker then went out on my errands for the day.

tuesday evening was the biscuit eve part 2 as mentioned above. but wednesday dawned brighter than ever. beans and cheese on toast for breakfast, manily due to the fact that the chickens had not laid any eggs for brekkie. - ugggg!

image-545310944.jpg

then fruit for lunch whilst working, dinner was pasta with garlic philly, chilli flakes, garlic granules and grated low fat cheddar.

image-1501849463.jpg

today - hooray - we got there!
weigh in this morning and lost the 2 lbs id put on and an extra half a lb lost too. WILL be good this week.
magic porridge for brek at work.
now off to have lunch which is salad cream mustard lettuce, tomato and low fat cheddar sandwich, skips and a muller.

dinner tonight will be chicken curry at the request of the kids who love my chicken n butternut squash curry n chips- cant wait.

Last edited:
Thursday nights chicken n butternut squash curry as promised

image-1555712126.jpg

Friday was a work day and one with alot of excitement as my mum was coming for a sleepover woohoo. She lives 4 hours away and so we can't just pop in for coffee.
Breakfast all bran clusters- yum
Lunch cheese salad sandwich
Skips, muller light
Dinner was a tiny mouse meal as I was feeling unwell- large mushroom baked in oven with Philly garlic, and cheddar

Saturday we had a family reunion and so we all drove to Kent and met in a pub for lunch. I still was feeling unwell and nauseous so skipped breakfast and chose chicken breast with melted cheese, BBQ sauce and a jacket. I skipped dessert also. Everyone else had a buffet tea but I had a ham sandwich.

Sunday I managed a slice of toast and mushrooms, tomatoes and a piece of bacon for breakfast.
Lunch skipped and a small portion of five bean chilli for dinner followed by a muller.

Monday i felt a bit better initially then had dizzy spells and sickness again by lunchtime. Breakfast - 2 slices toast n marmite/ jam. Skipped lunch.

Dinner was a slow cooker pot roasted chicken . I put the whole chicken in a fry lighted pan and browned it all over then put into slow cooker with chopped parsnips, and carrots. In the frying pan frylighted, I added an onion cut into wedges, 2 tsp French or Dijon mustard whatever you've got, 60ml sherry or cider, heat through add chicken stock cube and half pint water. Add to slow cooker with some tarragon clove of garlic and half a lemon. I used a whole lemon cut into wedges (as recipe) and it was too strong in my opinion and I would actually leave the lemon out next time.
Cook breast side down then turn after 4 hrs. And cook for a further hour.

Tuesday
Skipped breakfast to meet a friend early for coffee. Had cappuchino then went on for lunch. I chose grilled seabass and risotto it was gorgeous .
Dinner was pork chop, broccoli and a small amount of tagliatelle and half a potato cut up mixed with Philly

image-1053180116.jpg

image-75363025.jpg

Wednesday
Breakfast 2 poached eggs, 2 toast, 2 slices garlic sausage grilled and tomatoes.

Lunch was a banana and an apple whilst at work .

Dinner
Marks and spencers count on us spinach ricotta canneloni (5.5) on green. Salad, jacket and a babybel

image-1609840163.jpg

Friday 27 Jan

Working today so magic porridge at the ready. Was lovely.
Had a relatively calm morning with patients then lunchtime we had to relocate to another surgery for resuscitation annual update. If you've seen the vinnie jones advert it's brill- if you haven't - then watch it and get the kids to watch it too. After all it could be you they're saving.
So, the reps had laid on sandwiches so I took my quota ( plus 2 extra triangles oh dear)
But I was good the rest of the day- not! ;(
Once at home I changed quickly and shot to see my friend just returning from theatre after surgery. Sat with her for an hour then home again. Kids had eaten so I had a pitta and salmon pate, 2 packs of pom bear crisps and a cadburys wishes star chocolate. It wasn't way over syns but still not good .

Saturday brought with it a reasonably early start trying to get kids motivated into packing for a weekend at dads.
For breakfast we met at burger king and I had one of their egg and cheese baps . I counted the roll as a heb plus a bit extra probably although they aren't huge!

Lunch I just snacked on a red pickled pepper and some german ham from lidl.

Dinner was Devine . Seared salmon with pesto pea mash from Jan/ feb mag . Gorgeous.

image-531856716.jpg

SUNDAY 29th JAN
EXTRA EASY DAY

I never have EE days but I decided I needed to embrace the easy and have a roast dinner without skimping on hebs/ syns etc .
So , for breakfast I had joes pork and leek sausages, mushrooms tomatoes and scrambled egg and beans

image-3838097958.jpg

Lunch was egg Mayo sandwich (1heb and 2 syn Mayo)

Dinner roast potatoes and parsnips in actifry, pork chop, loads of veg, stuffing (3 syn) yorkshire (4 syn ) and gravy

image-3319628856.jpg

Monday wahoo Another week to be a loser !
After losing 4 lb last week I'm not banking on miracles this week but let's see .
Breakfast was apple sultana and cinnamon compote on top of a spoonful of muesli and natural fat free yog. Delicious

image-3930852017.jpg

Lunch was a tomato and egg Mayo sandwich (heb) 2 syns, wotsits (4 syns) banana and shape yogurt.

Dinner- spaghetti carbonara from the jan feb magazine- oh my god gorgeously creamy.
The amount of bacon used is less than a heb on green so I used a bit of muesli for breakfast to make up for it. The Parmesan used was less than a hea too but who cares.

image-4287332841.jpg

well i started with breakfast

oats so simple porridge (i heb)

lunch - carrot & coriander soup with cheesy garlic bread. (1/2 heb, 1/2 hea)
i slice of bread topped with half a garlic clove chopped and grated cheese, melted under grill.
satsuma

dinner - chargrilled turkey and veg smash pizza. sweetcorn and celeriac chips

hea - 1/2 cheese allowance on garlic bread, 1/2 allowance on cheddar topping on pizza. 1 hea on mozzarella pizza topping

heb - 1 allowance on porridge, 1/2 allowance on turkey, 1/2 allowance on garlic bread.

7 syns - none as yet

7 superfree - carrot and onion in soup, onion, peppers, courgette, mushroom, turkey, tomatoes, on pizza. celeriac chips. satsuma thats 9 so far = :checkmark:

7 mins on stairs - will do after dinner

7 glasses - 2 down 5 to go.

I've not posted on my diary thread for sometime , tend to spend time on my weigh in thread but I thought I'd put some things back on here so I know where to find them etc. I have countless pieces of paper, recipes in notebooks etc so I'm re-organising things . I've started by setting up my own blog on Wordpress ( link to follow) . All too often we have numerous recipes on Facebook groups or on these threads and end up trawling through posts to find them. I thought it would be great to have all the recipes easily accessible so they can be searched by group or ingredients etc. so far it's going well.

Thursday is weigh in day on our thread, and every week I try to set myself new challenges to keep the fun factor going so I will be less likely to stray off plan. I've had quite a break from it over Christmas and had a car accident which left me with a broken rib so exercise has been out! Although I set my challenges, the girls on the weekly thread join in when they want and we have a giggle. It's really important to keep smiling :)

So the challenges this week from Thursday were to keep a check on the water/squash intake as some of us have slipped somewhat .
Plus I set a theme week for anyone who wanted to join the challenge, this week it's American week, so I'm trying to come up with as many American dishes as possible.
Yesterday was the first day so my menu was as follows

Breakfast- 2 slices of toast with a scraping of marg and marmite, a cappuccino (2syns +1b)

Lunch- carrot & coriander soup, a banana

Dinner- slimming world KFC , chips, coleslaw, gherkins, onions, beans. (1b + 6 syns for breadcrumbs and 2 for light mayo)
Mango and strawberries with low fat Greek yogurt.

image-4062197941.jpg

Last edited:
Had a lazy day today due to the snow. Stayed in pjs til midday then up and about doing housework, while kids watched films.

Breakfast / lunch. - cheese and mushroom omelette

Dinner - hash browns, veg and smash steak pasty. Was really yummy. Will have fruit later and probably an options

image-2323037987.jpg

image-3913107759.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday here and a snow blizzard blows outside. It's beautiful , although I do have to go out. I'm off to the DIY store for some loft boards to give the other half some jobs to do. While he's in there I'm dashing into sainsbugs to grab some bits, I'm going to do the scanbran and weetabix carrot cake and see how it goes.

Yummy brunch today of tomatoes grilled and placed on toast squashed down then bacon on top, a fry lighted egg on top of that with a side of mushrooms and 3 small slices of black pudding at 4 syns. Gorgeous.

Dinner tonight is cowboy pie using pork mince instead of beef.

image-2909203257.jpg

Didn't need lunch as breakfast was brunch so after shopping we came back and had a try of the Special K crisps for 4.5 syns for 23g , they were nice and on offer in sainsburys for 99p. Also had a slice of the go ahead chocolate orange thins 3.5syns. Took a picture of my snack I got

image-1501135862.jpg

Dinner as decided earlier was cowboy pie and for dessert I had a new Turkish delight muller.

So, 1 hea, 1 heb and 12 syns

Cowboy pie

image-3892123171.jpg

image-2355882886.jpg

Last edited:
Today is a 'snow day' for the kids, so we had 2 weetabix with warm milk and a banana then wrapped up and set off for a sledging trip in the woods.
After a few hours, an injured child, a broken sledge ( from a big kid of an adult pretending to be light!) and freezing toes, we came home to;-
a bowl of carrot and coriander soup,
4 ryvita cracked black pepper flavour (8 syns)
Light cheese spread
Smoked salmon and salad and a squidge of horseradish
1 slice brown bread (3.5 syns)
Satsuma

Dinner tonight is New York chicken in keeping with the American theme this week .
So it will be a chicken breast wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce and melted cheese, jacket potato and veg

image-376057655.jpg

image-1772070210.jpg

Dessert was a muller Greek style yogurt strawberry flavour with blueberries and strawberries

Last edited:
Had a really good week of menus using the American theme.
American cheeseburger fries and relish
New York bacon chicken melt
Ranch chicken casserole
Cowboy pie
Managed to put a lb on but I did have too many b choices one day due to an oversight and also I'm not darting around so much with this rib injury, plus I had such a good loss last week.

So Saturday we had a wetherspoons dinner I chose chicken pepper skewers and salad With piri piri sauce (4 syns) and bowl of chips (5.5 syns) it was really tasty and within plan.

Sunday, poached eggs on toast , then had a long walk then stopped at the sainsburys cafe for soup. Dinner was a pot roasted beef joint, actifry potatoes and parsnips and veg with onion gravy.
Pudding - choc banana tiramisu. (2syns)

image-2512141238.jpg

image-754606001.jpg

Back