pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

Monday 22nd aug - red day

Start of my week off so I'm loving it. Plan today is to have an 'admin' day and sort out kids bedrooms, their mission Is to sort out school uniforms cos we are off out this afternoon to buy what's needed due to them having stood in gro bags this holiday.

Roast chicken dinner on the menu for tonight, salad for lunch. OH just gone out for a run - he is annoyed that his alcoholic indulgent weekend has cost him 5 lbs!

Off to sort a late breakfast

Pebbles, you and Shenzi are so positive and wise:)
wish I knew how you did it
that 'wagon ' has such slippery sides to climb back on:confused::sigh:

Picking up from 22nd , sorry been a while since I posted.

So Tuesday 23rd august, a red day and a very wet windy one. Had 2 toast (1b) marg and jam (3 syns).
Had a row with other half so didn't feel hungry at lunch so had a cappuccino (1hea) . Dinner 1 asda wholemeal pitta ,(1heb) prawns stir fried with tamarind paste, garlic, mushrooms, and lettuce.

1hea 2 hebs 3 syns

WEDNESDAY 24TH AUGUST
red day
Breakfast- Toast x2 poached eggs x 2. (1b)

Lunch- tuna, lettuce, cucumber spring onion, cheese (1hea) quavers (4.5). Ww yogurt. Light Salad cream (1.0)

Dinner - salmon in diet coke sauce, chips (1 heb) stir fried veg in oyster sauce, grilled aubergine melt, ( 1hea) chicken veg and tarragon soup. Ww yogurt.

Snack - marshmallow teacake -3 syns

2b's 2 a's 8.5 syns. 100% day

image-1943281365.jpg

THURSDAY 25TH AUGUST
WEIGH IN DAY - lost 2lb yippee, now 12st 10.

Well the car broke down a few days ago and the mechanic can't fit it in until next week . Today we planned to meet up with some of my old relatives for their birthdays. I couldnt let them down so I hired a car for the day, I have to say I was amazed it was only £30 for 24hrs. So we set off the 4 of us in the pouring rain, to walk to the bus stop half a mile Away. We had umbrellas but it was cats and dogs. Slightly wet we boarded the bus , and eventually picked up the car. No time for breakfast, so we arrived at the restaurant . I had hunters chicken, so I thought hea for cheese, chicken and bacon for red day, salad and then the dreaded chips. I couldn't resist the chocolate brownie pudding, so I had it thinking thAts the weeks syns sorted. Oops but I deserved a day off plan and didn't eat breakfast , then by the time dinner came I wasn't hungry so had nothing.

FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST - green day

Brunch - beans on toast with melted cheese x2 (1 heb 1 hea)
Other halfs kids arrived for 2 days so we picked up a kfc for them and I made sw kfc (1heb) with chips in the actifry and peas and corn. Plus light salad cream (2syns). chocolate bar
1 hea, 2 hebs and 14 syns

image-741192774.jpg

SATURDAY 27th AUGUST
was a disaster, off plan again oh dear I really have got to stop this .

SUNDAY 28th AUGUST- red day

Breakfast- poached eggs x2 on 1 toast (1/2 b) piece of gammon.

Lunch- chicken and tarragon soup, salad, 1 slice of ham and cheese on toast, (1hea , (1/2b) wotsits (4.5), mullerlite .

Dinner- gammon and cheese (1a) quiche and salad with mash (1b). Salad cream 1 syn.

2hebs 1 hea 5.5 syns

Back to day 1 of 100%

image-1063820136.jpg

MONDAY 29th AUGUST BANK HOL. red day

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs, mushrooms tomatoes, 2 joes sausages, bacon, 1 toast. (1/2 b)

Lunch- pitta pizza (1heb) with ham, spring onion, anchovy, cheese (1hea) salad. Balsamic dressing (1syn) Mullerlite and grapes

image-496887546.jpg

Dinner- steak and kidney casserole in slo cooker, made with mince, steak and kidney, onion, a knorr stockpot, bisto (2 syns) With cabbage, carrots and runner beans

1 1/2 b's, 1 a, 3 syns

Blasted car being out of action is really getting to me, poor kids are stranded in, no buses near us that go anywhere .
Bank holiday and no where to go.

WEDNESDAY 31ST AUGUST

last day off before returning to work -aggghhhh

breakfast - 2 poached eggs on toast with marg (1syn) (1b)
lunch - packet of quavers (4syns) and a pepperami mini (2.0)
dinner - grilled chicken with diet coke sauce, potato (1b), leek and boursin (1a)bake. gravy (2syns), cabbage carrots runner beans.

bedtime snack chocolate options (2 syns) and 4 mikado sticks (2syns)

image-1855069617.jpg

1 hea, 2 hebs, syns = 13
good news - day 1 of 100% again!
bad news - blooming star week

THURSDAY 1ST SEPT

well back to work today - yukky doo.
made my magic porridge last night so grabbed it from the fridge on my way to work. kids still asleep so i left a peaceful dormouse house and off i went.

weigh in day today and im so pleased to announce (not!) a 2lb gain due to the dreaded uterus! never mind itll be gone again in a few days and hopefully i'll grab a 'STS' .
breakfast - magic porridge (1b)
lunch - x1 ryvita and x2 ww biscuits (5.5 syns) with philadelphia (1a) muller light and an apple
dinner -gammon and pepper hot pot / goulash topped with sliced potatoes (1/2 b) with cauliflower and melted kerry low low (1a) . 1 slice bread and marg (1/2 b and 1.0)
strawberries natural ff yogurt and 2 mini meringues (1.5)

bedtime snack - choccie options (2syns) and chocolate mallow teacake (3.0)

2 heas, 2 hebs and syns = 13
day 2 100% yippeee.

image-3708625056.jpg

FRIDAY 2ND SEPTEMBER
green day
long day at work today 930-530 and little break so not looking forward to it, because kids are home .

breakfast - muesli (1b) berries and natural yog

lunch - cheese and pickle sandwich (5 syns for bread, 1a + 1 syn pickle) wotsits (4) muller and pineapple.

dinner - haddock in parsley & lemon breadcrumbs, (1b fish 2.5 syns for breadcrumb) cheesy chips, (1a) peas, ketchup (1syn) fry light egg, and a shape yogurt.

late night snack - 3 syns worth of smarties, skinny cow ice cream (4.5)

1 hea, 2 hebs, syns = 21 - oops but will be made up somewhere else.

image-2675467547.jpg

fish made by blitzing some bread and parsley, drizzling lemon juice onto haddock pieces, dip haddock in beaten egg then breadcrumb, bake for 15-20 mins.

in from work at 6 then dinner made and OH packed off to night shift, cleaned out cupboards in lounge and hoovered, sat sorting papers whilst catching up on a weeks worth of soaps.

SATURDAY 3RD SEPT

red day
up bright and early, packed kids bags and drove them off to stay with their dad for the weekend. no time for brekkie beforehand so had a bacon sandwich and large mug of tea on my return. (1heb)
then had a phone call from the little girl who my daughter went to play with yesterday. apparently her £5 pocket money had gone mising and did my daughter know anything about it? shock horror i was so embarrassed to eventually drag the information from my daughter that in fact she had stolen it (shes 8 by the way) mortified, humiliated i rang the mum back to apologise and returned it with a sorry note from said daughter and a tin of roses as some way of apology. kids ! bloomin kids! thats another relationship with a friend tainted.

bacon sarnie was kinda brunch time so we set off in the car to the local park which has a lovely coffee shop in it, we walked around the grounds for about a mile, then stopped for coffee. - OH had a large piece of chocolate caramel biscuit cake of which i had a corner (im saying 5 syns to make sure)

got back and threw together a beef stir fry in oyster sauce which was lovely.

pack of beef
1/2 green and red pepper,
1tsp chinese 5 spice,
1 garlic crushed,
1/2 tsp chillis
2 tbsp oyster sauce
i used mushrooms, onion, carrot ,cabbage and courgette - or whatever youve got.

stir fry veg then remove from wok, stir fry beef then add spices and when brown add veg and the oyster sauce. cook through.
my oyster sauce worked out to 1.5 syns per serving.

image-3044493332.jpg

went out to the comedy store in wimbledon for an evening of laughter. got given a free small glass of rose wine with entrance ticket - result (4 syns)

came home after a great evening and had cheese x2 heas, grapes, ww crackers (4 syns) cup of coffee and 6 mikado (3 syns)

1heb, 2heas, 13 syns

Last edited:
SUNDAY 4TH SEPT

red day
Nice lie in due to having no kids, other halfs kids not coming til 10. Eventually got up and had brunch .
- 2 poached eggs and toast,2 joes garlic and herb sausages, bacon,Mush, Toms.(1b)
No lunch due to brunch!

Had an afternoon of rain on the menu so stayed inside with some board games which incidentally should have been named bored games. Kids watched a DVD too and I got on with 'pottering' which is a term I like to use which involves a little housework thrown in with a bit of 'ooh I'd forgotten I had this,' and promptly waste some time with said item.

Threw some potatoes into the actifry , Drove over to ex husbands to collect kids at 5 and back to a delicious smell of roast potatoes which were divine.

Dinner- joes peppered chicken fillet, mixed veg. Roast actifried potatoes- oh yum. (1b)
Muller and an apple.

Sat down to watch final destination 2 - sickness that my son and other half are hooked on. We've already seen 4,and 3 this week!
Bedtime snack, mint choc options (2) 4 mikado sticks(2) I'm loving the hazelnut sticks. And a ww choc cake bar (4). 1.5 ww crackers with Boursin light (1.5 +a)

So 2hebs, 1 hea, 9.5 syns

image-4197461050.jpg

Last edited:
Monday monday Monday
I love you Monday . Not!

So no work until 230. Kids off today, last day for daughter, 2 days left for son. So breakfast wAs muesli (b), natural yogurt and berries.
Went into Epsom shopping, stopped at Nero for coffee. Raced off to work, ate a cookie (3) bad bad girl. Home at 6 to a slo cooker of chicken in red wine actifried roasts and marrow, green beans.( 6 syns whole pack but serves 4, we served 3 so 2 syns each Then muller, followed by shape yogurt and bag of wotsits(4) choc options (2) and mikado 6 (3 syns)

image-2606603076.jpg

Last edited:
tantalising tuesday arrived

TUESDAY 6TH SEPT
RED DAY

this morning my daughter started back at school and in year 4 - oh my where does the time go?. my son was off still for another day. we joined a friend at the local garden centre after doing the school run. i had 2 eggs on toast (1b) with mushrooms and a coffee closely followed by a pot of tea.

no time for lunch and we were still full from breakfast . we pottered around the shops until afternoon school run then went to get some uniform bits we had overlooked _school plimsolls!

the kids wanted fish and chips so i allowed them a treat and i was allowed the treat of smelling the fish and chips whilst sitting in traffic waiting to get home.

they both thoroughly enjoyed it - poor kids have been on sw too long. it did look and smell lovely so when my daughter couldnt manage anymore i had a handful of chips from her plate, so that with the oil or whatever they fried my eggs in this morning has accounted for my syns today.

we then had butternut squash roasted with a large chunk of marrow which was stuffed with peppers, boursin and mushrooms. 2 joes sausages wrapped in bacon.
2 shape 0% yogurts

wednesday 7th sept
red day

god am i craving a green day! ive taken to only having 1 per week because i get so bloated but id dearly love to have a jacket potato for lunch and beans and cheese, plus pasta in the evening. weigh in day is thursday so im planning on having prawn curry with lots of veg and rice. probably rice pudding in slo cooker for dessert.

got up today and grabbed a jammie dodger cereal bar on the way out the door as i had a family planning lecture to attend in the neighbouring town. dashed out and battled the traffic. eventually made it on time with some body magic fast paced walking.
there was a trolley of coffee, biscuits (posh ones too!) and danish pastries ! oh for goodness sake, how is anyone ever going to take control of their lives with this behaviour going on.! luckily one of the doctors had brought a bag of fruit so i had an apple and coffee. no one wanted to stay for lunch so i went to the co-op for a few bits which ended up in £89 of bits.

lots of offers though. huge packs of ham 2 for £5
chicken slices or chunks 2 for £4.50
babybel for £1
apples buy 1 bag get 1 free
clover lighter bogof

image-3496544651.jpg

i grabbed a prawn and mayo - healthy co-op lighter choice sandwich , which i ate in the car. (1b 2 syns mayo)
off to get my manicure, coffee and a small coffee biscuit 1 syn and home again to prepare tea. big child was home, small and precocious was out with friends for tea.
i cooked chicken and veg fajitas,with hea cheese and actifried chips (1b) and squash.
used fajita sauce which was 75 syns per 1/3 of jar. i did use 1/3 of jar so 75 between the two of us (1.0 syn) the wraps i used were warburtons squares which are 8 syns each but worth it. plus they can be used for pizza bases.

2hea 2 hebs plus 12 syns and whatever the cereal bar was, need to look it up .

toffee muller for pudding.

image-3142743283.jpg

THURSDAY 8TH SEPT

Work this morning, so off I went on the school run . Muesli (1b) berries and nat yogurt for breakfast when I got to work. Lunch was a granary chicken Mayo salad sandwich, (5 syns bread) apple and muller.dinner and boy was I looking forward to it
prawn curry with sag aloo, rice, ( petes butternut curry Recipe- delicious. )

Oh it was lovely, best sw curry I've had.

image-3906904524.jpg

FRIDAY 9TH SEPT

RED DAY

well you see it all started out well . I was pleased to have lost 1lb yesterday now 12.10 usual muesli berries and yogurt due to being a work day. (1b) I love this brekkie. Then resisted temptation whilst those around me ate biscuits and chocolate . Then lunch I had a jacket potato (1b) salad, light Philly (1a) Mayo (1syn) quavers (4 syns) and a muller.

So far so good- Dinner was Ham cheese omelette (2nd A) . Then after OH had gone to work I was sitting watching tv minding my own business when suddenly from nowhere I burst into tears. I have no idea why and it went on and on and got worse and worse real sobbing heart out stuff. Don't know what was wrong with me. But the only thing I could do was get up eat 2 slices of pate on toast and 2 packs of regular big ol fatty crisps, a penguin and a mini roll. What the hell was that about.! I went to bed bemused and disgusted with myself .

SATURDAY 10th SEPT

GREEN

other halfs parents were coming today so I got up and started the housework. Prepared all ingredients for a chilli and threw it all in the slo cooker. That's dinner sorted. Woke 'himself ' up from his night duty sleep at 11am as he had a dentists appt. Oh dear where did breakfast go? Anyway carried on with hoovering dusting etc then jumped into shower. Other halfs kids arrived, my eldest came back from a sleepover and the in laws arrived - suddenly the house was buzzing and brimming and oh dear what happened to lunch?

Everyone climbed into the cars and we headed for the local pick your own farm for a browse around the farm shop and a coffee . Had a coffee then wondered why I had a headache ! back home and I threw rice into the rice cooker then we sat and enjoyed a lovely chilli n rice followed by chocolate ice cream made in my ice cream maker.

Made with choc options , pot of fromage frais, 4 tbsp sweetener, 3 eggs, vanilla essence . yummy

After yesterday's abysmal intake of food - Sunday dawned, green day
Poached eggs on toast, (1b) shape yogurt and a pot of tea For brekkie .
After the animals were sorted we took a drive into Epsom town for a bit of shopping and a coffee and a bit of people watching.

Came back and had roast pork,(1b) roast potatoes and parsnips cabbage, sprouts, carrots, beans, broccoli, roasted butternut , stuffing( 3 syns), Yorkshire pus (3). Gravy (2).

image-1671487569.jpg

No heas, 2 hebs, 8 syns

Last edited:
MONDAY 12TH SEPT

RED DAY
another week upon us and id like to lose another pound or 2.

Ran off to the school run then had to pop to the hospital and pick up my best mates essay which needed to be handed in for marking at another hospital . She's done so well I really hope she gets a good grade.

Had poached eggs on toast (1b) bacon, mushrooms and tomato when I got back.

image-1053267297.jpg

No lunch needed and off to work at 230.
Dashed back for a well earned dinner of joes burgers with melted cheese,(1a) brown roll (6) actifry chips, ketchup (1) (1b) coleslaw (Mayo 2syns) salad and a muller .

image-2000409945.jpg

Snacks chocolate caramel squares(3.5) scan bran bun (1)

image-611164342.jpg

2 heas , 2 hebs , 13.5 syns

TUESDAY 13TH SEPT
RED DAY

Had a bowl of paw ridge, blueberry porridge.(1b) Plus a banana and a shape yogurt. Went to a sexual health meeting then met a friend for lunch at hers. Took my own sandwich so temptation wasn't knocking on my cheek. Ham salad sandwich (1b) Mayo(1), wwtortillas(4) banana .

Left my friends after a good old chit chat and picked up daughter from school.
Dinner - baked cheesy marrow,(1a) tuna quiche,(1a) butternut squash roasties and shape yog.

image-51525724.jpg

image-3055781433.jpg

2 b, 2 heas 5 stns

WEDNESDAY14th SEPT

RED DAY

GOt an SOS call from a friend in need so met up for brekkie in a cafe. Had 2 poached eggs on toast (1b) with mushrooms but despite asking for no marg my toast came 'marged' damn (2 syns). after a long morning helping my buddy out, I left to go to work for a few hours admin. Had a chicken Mayo salad sandwich (5 syns bread, 1 for Mayo) ww crisps (4) apple.

School run and brought a friend home for tea, then took them to streetdancing - ya get me, and whatever !

Dinner couldn't come fast enough as I was ravenous. Steak in pepper sauce (1a) from this months mag, with broccoli and sauté potatoes (1b) in the actifry

image-691218970.jpg

Last edited:
THURSDAY 15TH SEPT

GREEN DAY WEIGH IN DAY

WEIGHED IN AT A 'sts' 12st 9lbs
Happy but could try harder

Had muesli (1b) yog and berries at work. Chicken BBQ sandwich (1b) for lunch with ww crisps,(4) ww biscuit, (4) yogurt and apple
Dinner sweet n sour chicken style quorn and rice done in slow cooker all day and was beautiful .

image-426313566.jpg

1 week on and I've had a funeral, a family tiff, reunions with 2 old friends, work - yuk, and a rather bad blip on Tuesday where I ate 3 packets of crisps and a chocolate bAr. I stood on scales yesterday morning and I'd gained 3lb . So yesterday I had no breakfast, not intentional, met a friend who I've not seen for 4 yrs. Had a steak sandwich with onion marmalade and a lime and soda. Came home and had a bit of a set to with other half over the kids, so didn't feel Like eating. Later had a small piece sw quiche. Then before bed had a bowl of muesli.

Weighed this morning and it's back to 12s 9 so I'm pleased and gotta stick with it until sat eve as I have a date with a steak in a hotel.

Meals this week to catch up.

image-3630549878.jpg

Friday joes chilli garlic grillsticks, chips cauliflower cheese.

image-3215015445.jpg

Saturdays carrot and coriander soup

image-3768985631.jpg

Saturday petes butternut and chicken curry with sag aloo and onion bhajis (1 syn each)

image-1416505798.jpg

image-3277301580.jpg

Sundays picnic at the farm, joes sausages scotch eggs, petes Cornish mash pasty

Back