pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

ok so i am back !
friday we were invited (last minute) around to a friends for the evening. we got there and they ordered a chinese takeaway- oops! so i did have a chicken ball but after that all i had was a spoonful of each dish or rice, noodles, chicken in blackbean sauce, mixed veg etc, i had alcohol free pink fizz. so not too bad i guess but not too good either.

this would have been ok -if it wasnt for the fact i was going away with my best friend on a spa weekend, the following day.

ahhhh yes! so i gets up and packed my bag and didnt have time for breakfast so i grabbed keys and handbag and threw them on the seat of the car, went back inside got case and threw that into car. shut car door, realised i had left pj's indoors so popped back in and grabbed them, went to throw them in car before locking house up and car was locked- yes locked.

with my handbag, phone, and keys inside. now, that my friends is not possible. the car needs to be locked via the press button on the key. i couldnt phone my friend to let her know because the number was in the car on my phone.

by now, kankles, my sw pal will be reading this in hysterics along with peggypig who also laughs alot at what i ramble about.

so, back to the car. the rac (or any other reputable breakdown service company - oops) number was 'in the car !' i hear you shout. the only number i can recall is the ex husbands so i call him and he comes around. i manage to get the rac number off the website and rant like a demented banshee about my weekend away and the lost keys and the pj'sand my facial appointment for 2 hours time. cant tell friend, so i go on facebook and hope she gets the message. (which she does)
husband manages to open the door and we get keys out- hoorah.
and :character00201:............im on my way??? NO! because i have a flat tyre- ex husband takes me to garage and blows up tyres- now ! im on my way:character00182:

exhausted from the stresses and strains i drives like the preverbial bat out of hell. - any policemen and women on here - thats code for driving very sensibly and within the speed limit - phew that was close!.

i make it at the hotel with 5 mins to spare, meet up with my friends, and proceed into the calmness that is a 55 minute facial - heaven.
feeling all fluffed up and cosy and extremely glowing we muster up the energy to move towards the lounge for afternoon tea- how very civilised. now quite ravenous, i order a roast beef sandwich with horseradish and a salad and a pot of tea. it was lovely!

we had a wander around the grounds as it was such a gorgeous day and stumbled upon a wedding party having photos taken. the temptation to tag on the end and follow them into the champagne and crudites reception was a struggle with ones conscience but we managed to overcome the feeling and made our way back to our room. where we promptly opened a bottle of water and sipped it casually ----of course we didnt!!!!!!
we popped open the pink fizz wine and i had a pimms.
or 2.....

....and a bag of weight watchers cheese puffs

see - i was good after all. you had all written me off i know it.

......and half a box of green and blacks white chocolates.

oh dear.

so, showered and dressed and fully recharged for the evening, the 3 of us made our way down to dinner but we were acosted by 3 tubby men in green suits with chilling expressions who smelt of rum and mints.

ok ok so there were no men in suits, they turned out to be 3 mojito cocktails that had our names on them and my oh my they were rather nice.

dinner was divine and absolutely exquisite. i chose crayfish prawn and lobster with orzo pasta which was truly beautiful, for main i had fillet steak with grilled tomato and mushroom and a jenga style pile of chunky chips with a peppercorn and brandy sauce. --you are drooling now i can tell but i feel its important for you to savour it.
dessert was shortcake with vanilla pod ice cream and strawberry sauce , it was lush. all washed down with coffee and chocolates a truly memorable time away. so very memorable that weve booked to go back in september to celebrate me having lost a stone and a half more.

an early morning swim of roughly 20 lengths made us feel rejuvenated and a little guilt was released .
breakfast was very sensible and civilised and we all brought the danish pastries home for our kids and none of us ate the biscuits in the room so there was some degree of self control.

back now and on track from tomorrow morning and looking forward to getting back into it. am planning the menus this evening and i have no plans to go out or deviate from plan at all.
busy week with school things on and also working every day but no night shifts this week thankfully. will continue to jog around the block and i hope to get in at least 2 days in the pool.
i'll weigh myself tomorrow, even though weigh in isnt until thursday as i need to assess the damage to give me something to aim to.
so no pictures to post today im afraid but watch this space for tomorrow.
x:party0011:

sues rice pudding- cos i want to try it this week;
Slow cooker rice pudding - 6 syns the lot or a HE A section on Extra Easy and Green plans

200g/7oz uncooked short grained pudding rice
450ml water
3 eggs, beaten
350ml skimmed milk mixed with 100ml cold water (1 HE A or 6 syns)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tsp low salt
1 teaspoon nutmeg
sweetner to taste

Place rice and 450ml water into a pan, bring to the boil then simmer for 25-30 minutes or until the rice is cooked.

Set slow cooker to high and pour in the milk and water mix, the beaten eggs, salt, nutmeg, vanilla extract and the
cooked rice. Mix, place on the lid and cook for 2 hours.

The mixture should look like it has set, give it a stir and add enough sweetner to taste. (If you add the sweetner earlier
it tastes bitter)

Gorgeous hot, and blumming out of this world cold with a muller light summer fruits mixed in!

Welcome back buddy! Sounds like you had a fab weekend (after all the chaos and comedy drama pmsl)....it did give me a giggle!

My car auto locks after a minute or so! I learnt this by accidentally locking OH in the car while I popped into the supermarket one busy Saturday afternoon many moons ago. I came out to hear my car alarm blasting and a very red faced and angry OH trapped inside it....well how was i supposed to know it locked automatically!!!!

I finally made my banoffee dessert. Pic below. Very yummy, serves 4 and only 3 syns per portion. I could only find the normal sainburys banoffee angel delight but the sugar free version works out at 1.25 syns per portion.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 28
hello there i must post here cos if not i'll forget where i've seen this thread lol

love the pics of the food, it always helps to see what healthy eating can look like. I have done sw but on a sabbatical from it at the mo well since last november and i've put on almost a stone grr grr

so brought myself back to this site, its been ages since i was here last, i came back for inspiration and to get ideas to help me get back on track, i've had a good couple of days and want to carry on that way. Will read more of your thread later :d

take care
mary :):d:)
welcome mary - lovely to have you aboard. Glad you like the pictures. I'll keep updating.

Kankles looks lovely, can u post recipe thanks!

HERES KANKLES RECIPE
Melt 4 alpen light choc & fudge bars in microwave for 20 second

Split into 4 small desert glass dish & press down hard to make a base

Mix a Sainburys or birds sugar free banofee angel delight mixture

Stir in chopped bananas

Pour on top of the alpen bars

Put in fridge to set

Omg I'm now drooling!

thanks kieragh and kankles. i did have a fab time and the damage--------------- well, it cost me 3lbs but as i have just posted on another thread, if i had gone away 15lbs ago, i would have still put on 3lbs probably more so i figure im in a whole heap better shape than 7 weeks ago.
trying real hard this week to shift the extra 3lbs and 1 more to be able to make a difference . so aiming for 4 this week. - get me, ever the optimist.

lets start today off then
monday
up and off to the school run. then home to do housework. working from 230 today so i tidied up, hoovered, ironed, chatted to the chickens and the guinea pigs then visited the maternity hutch with mummy rabbit and her 4 rat like babies just 3 days old, ahhhhh.
had breakfast courtesy of said chicks;
2 toast (heb) 2 bacon, 2 poached eggs, tomatoes and mushrooms. mug of tea - oh yum

lunch a ham and mustard mayo sandwich (heb and 1 syn for mayo)
ww tortillas crisps (4syns). apple and banana.
glass squash

at work now and am planning minted lamb chops with mashed swede and carrots and broccoli for tea with muller for dessert. will pop back later when finished work.

Oh pebbles you're so organised, how on earth do you manage it? I keep promising to ensure I eat a proper breakfast (not just a banana) and everyone keeps telling me I am not eating enough or using enough syns but I never seem to fit it all in. So I now officially change your name to "Wonder Woman" and would like you to disclose to a very disorganised kankles what your secret is?!!!!

I am never prepared! but then again I was kicked out of the girl guides so maybe that should have told me something back then!

3lb isn't that bad, could have been worse and besides you deserved it. xx

She's totally organised Kankles ur right!!! Plus am half convinced she is also the woman from the Good Life (god am I showing my age lol)....! 3lb ain't bad at all chum and well worth the weekend no doubt. Good luck for ur -4 this week.

Well I did my first red day and am....... mahoosively STARVING at the mo. Just finished a bowl of melon, banana & mullerlight but tummy still wondering why my throat's been cut :) Another red day tomorrow, hope I make it thru without turning into the guy from the supernoodles ad from years ago.... 'i'm wasting away'.. (do u remember? no? It's just me then lol)

Am godmother for a beautiful wee lady on Sunday so gotta look my best while standing on altar getting looked at by loadsa critical aunties and uncles lol, wish me luck this week, would love to lose 1.5lb ..

Thanks Pebbles and Kankles I enjoy your posts. I had a really good day today till this evening I dbought my husband a fruit loaf to have toasted for breakfast well Ive had 5 slices with Flora Light on will have to be good for the next few days ha ha!!

God I annoy myelf when I do stuff like that sometimes I want to chew stuff instead of yogurts and fruit and veg do you know what I mean?

Have a good day tomorrow:D

i am going to let you into a secret here, and my other half will kill me !

i returned from my weekend away. my kids were at their dads, my other half was out at a theme park with his kids and so the house was empty. it was such a beautiful day and i was so depressed and on a massive downer cos no one was here to greet me or say they'd missed me. it was horrid and i thought 'well i obviously dont matter to anyone' --what a loads of rubbish that is!. anyway he comes back and i am the incredible hulk and the miserable old bag all rolled into one. he tells me he has had a mcchicken sandwich at the park but no chips and wonders whats for dinner. the kids had a pizza and so we had 1 triangle each that was left. i figured he deserved it and anyway i was getting back on that train in the morning to slimville. i cook him a mushroom and cheese omelette then we have a row! mostly blown out of proportion by me. it was a horrible argument and things said that shouldnt be, you know how it is im sure.

annnnnyyyyyway , he throws his omellette in the bin saying 'stick your dinner, im out of here' and storms off in the car with a bag packed. not a good thing to do, what a waste of superfrees!

massive ooopppppppsss!
now ive gone and ruined my weekend by rounding it all off like this.
after half an hour i try ringing and what do i hear when he answers?
go on have a guess!
any clues.
no? ok i'll tell you. i heard those dreaded words.;
' good evening Mcdonalds, can i take your order please'!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shock horror the little piggy has driven off to the drive in. he hangs up anyway and so i send a text saying ' mcdonalds is not the answer- you'll be sorry'
eventually he comes back during the night and its all sorted and he confesses to a big mac large fries and a cappuchino. and he feels sick!

this morning he has put on 4lbs!!
ha haha ha haaha lol lol lol pmsl
:8855::17729::17729::bliss::busted::booboo: :whoopass: :bestwishes: :roofles: :asskick:

he felt really bad today and said it was not worth it one bit. he is guilt ridden and feels 'lardy'. so in a day he had 2 lots of mcD's and a pizza slice.
he will go bananas if he sees this but i just need you to remember this when you feel the urge to splurge cos girls it just aint worth it.

lets weigh up a weekend away with cooked breakfast and a cocktail, and steak and chips then dessert all making me rather fit to burst,,,,to the tune of 3lbs

against 2 burgers and fries and a pizza putting on 4lbs.
mmmmm its a no brainer !

ORGANISED!!!!!! girls its called anal, you wouldnt believe what im like. i dont have ocd- my house is a tip. my bills are never paid on time, i leave the petrol until the car is running on fumes, i spring clean in november. - you getting my drift yet?
i dont have a secret and if i did you'd be the first 2 i'd tell.
BUT! when it comes to something like this - spreadsheets just have to be done. i write lists to remind me to make a list. i have post its everywhere.
anything to do with visuals - im your gal, if it comes to paper organisation like sw demands with diaries, recipes, menus, shopping lists blah blah then yes i am organised. i have bought a magnetic fridge weekly planner to write things on as i pass by. i have bought a new slow cooker this week from ebay cos mines crap (£23) also a kenwood ice cream maker (£21) cant wait to try them out. i am skint and trying to pay for a divorce and kids and food and bills blahdeblah but i still have the need for these things cos i want to batch cook and get more organised. (if its possible)

the girls at work always say i am organised but can you be terribly untidy and organised at the same time??
i love admin so i dunno why i went into nursing, im better at a desk making lists.

kankles, i'll do anything to help you out. no you dont eat enough but you are so busy. its hard i know. i'll try and think what we can do.
and kieragh, blimey girlie good luck for the weekend what a big day for you. you'll look stunning i know it. and anyone who looks sideways you send em up to kankles and she'll stuff them with grass till they combust. i dont get hungrier on any particular day but that said- i do feel more bloated on green and never have as good losses as red but i may change things around a little in a couple of weeks if the weight plateaus which im sure it will soon. and yes i remember the good life well, and the green giant corn man and tufty club . 43 see so i have been around a bit. - oh that sounds good - NOT!
peggypig - you have so come to the right place for a giggle, i love these girls, they are my sanity- thats a contradiction of terms! but 5 slices of fruit loaf- for gods sake peg! dont do it to yourself- youre made of better stuff than that. was it worth it? no! sop enough of that yukkie stuff and back onto the beans for you. now drop and give me 10 press ups. lol
:copon:
bettter do this diary then -
so finished off this evening with dinner of- minted lamb chops- oh my god - lush. with mashed swede cooked in chicken stock for a change and tasted better than in plain water. then a muller black cherry and chocolate and half a melon, beautiful.

total 2 hebs, no heas -damn! syns = 5. water 3 glasses, 3 teas, 1 coffee.
exercise ran around the block for 20 mins before dinner.

lamb chop.jpg

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hello pet! your weekend away sounds fab!!!!!!!! sure sarah will fill me in tonight!!! im lovin the 4lb weight gain! no burger is worth that!! have you cleared out your spare room for me yet! as im moving in!! its the only way! i would loose weight by healthy eating and you would loose weight through the shere hell of having me there ! ha ha hope to see you soon, keep up the good work, and keep making me snacks to try on our long lonely night shifts.xx

Amanda you can move in , provided you do the housework cos im rubbish at it.
i'll bring in nice things soon. not doing nights for a while tho.

green day today,
had to drop one child at school for 820, then drop one female now turned male father of 4, rabbit at the vets for his castration---ouch!
then on to drop off the next child at school. onwards to work at the hospital which was quiet for once. managed to fit in time for breakfast of my usual cereal(heb) with fromage frais and banana raspberries, and grapes.
lunch was a mugshot a satsuma and some smoked mackerel(1/2 heb). was hungry when i got home at 4 and was going out to work again this evening so measured out a hea of cheese and melted on 1 slice of bread to use up a hea and the other half of a heb.

heas hebs - whats the world coming to?

off out now til 9pm then home for dinner- see you then. tattie bye

right back again. So dinner tonight was mozarella and pesto quorn escalopes, with sugar snap peas, cajun cheesy chips and beans. Muller for pudding.

the escalopes are breaded so they are 7 syns each but really nice and we fancied something just like it so it satisfied a craving.

the cheesy cajun chips are usual sw chips with cajun sesoning on and hea of cheese grated over whilst still hot. very very yummy.

so 2 hebs, 2 heas (AT LAST) 7 syns
4 cups tea, 2 glasses water- oops. no exercise today as working most of it.

working again tomorrow but will be finished by 2 and aim to collect the rugrats and take them swimming.

everyones gone very quiet on here suddenly - you all ok?

din 002.jpg

quorn.jpg

Last edited:
Evening chums! How's everyone this evening!

Pebbles u make my night! I come on here when I'm finally tucked up in bed, away from my laptop and work and the incessant phone calls about staff and I read all about ur day and it makes me giggle! Meet ur twin hulk no 2! I completely get the blown out of proportion arguments! Sometimes when I'm going at it, I think to myself "Jesus the voice of the exorcists gonna come out in a mo" when I hear myself go on a rant, I swear half the time my family think I've got toretts or something the amount of cussing I do!

Never mind eh, if nothing else it gives us a little giggle!

I'm organised in fact I'm great at organising, planning what I'm going to have throughout the week, what I'm rubbish at is blinking carrying it out, I'll say to myself, right I'll get up tomorrow a bit earlier znd make bacon & egg for breakie, I end up getting up half hr later than normal so I'm running round like a complete mad women rushing to get to work, which then makes me forget my lunch, so end up having fruit for the day or go completely off plan and have a naughty sandwich off the van or even worse a kfc! Me thinks not, the 17 lbs I've lost took me this long, a sodding kfc would make me gain 2-3 lbs and then some so noooooo thank u! So fruit it is!

I just need someone to run behind me saying, have you got ur lunch, I'll make ur breakie, there we go problem solved! I need a servant!!!! Bang....that was me waking up to reality!

Xx

oh kankles kankles, im moving to wales , i think ive found my double.

i try to plan my week as best i can and i am organised to do this. i have to make OH's packed lunch at night because he leaves just after 5am. so i make mine too. if im working which at the moment is every flipping day, i make my sandwich and put it in my lunchbox with ww crisps, soup fruit and a yogurt. my breakfast, i get ready whilst the kids are showering in the morning. i use old fromage frais tubs and put in my cereal then top with ff yogurt and then pineapple chunks, blueberries, red grapes, raspberries- whatever ive got. then lid on and onto work. i then eat that at work in between consultations. i dont know how easy that would be for you kanks. i dont always have a sandwich i might have crackers and a hea of cheese with soup, otherwise with cereal and bread thats 2 hebs gone. although if you use ww danish brown they are 2.5 a slice so i sometimes syn the bread and still have a heb at night time meal.

it is hard tho i agree.
here goes todays menu. got up did the usual ablutions, fed the guineas, bunnies, and chickens and then dealt with the still dopey rabbit from his op yesterday. he is still swaying- thats not good. poor love. we decided we might call him arthur the kids thought it up cos of 'R for rabbit' say it enough times and you'll get it.
:8855:

grabbed all children and bags and dragged everyone from the house and off to school and work. hospital again today so i have to park and walk, then such a busy busy day it was madness. ate breakfast at 1250!!! first drink just after. how detrimental to my health is that let alone my diet.
so........
wednesday is a red day (ooh good)
breakfast - just right cereal (1heb) with ff yogurt and pineapple chunks, red grapes.

lunch - wholemeal bread sandwich (1heb) with smoked salmon and philadelphia cheese (2syns). ww crisps (4 syns) ww chocolate caramel bar (4 syns)

left work and raced to get 1st born child from school then mad dash to collect 2nd born and onto the gym for a swim in their pool. lost count of lengths due to reprimanding children for ducking each other. think i did 15-18 ish. :character00180: kids ahad a cake i had an apple.
then back to cook dinner. kids were bushed and starving so i made them huge ham and cheese omelettes. then set to, preparing our dinner.
OH had put in a request for curry which was a bit of a tall order cos we were having a red day so no rice allowed here, and i had no meat defrosted for curry. huh! so stopped off at iceland and bought 4 chicken breasts for £3 - bargain. for my curry.
got some other stuff too - pack of cooked chicken slices tikka stylie for £1,
4 cooked chicken breasts £3 (ideal for sw chicken fried rice) mmm tomorrows dinner me thinks. weight watchers 4 pack yogurts (strawberry tart, toffee apple etc ) 2 packs for £2.
so dinner i knocked up a little chicken and mushroom curry.
2 garlic cloves crushed,
2 onions chopped
2 handfuls mushrooms quartered
half red pepper, half green pepper (cos thats all i had.
1 tsp coriander/ cumin / paprika/ curry powder
tin of tomatoes,
1tsp sweetener
chicken stock cube with 250 ml water
chicken or prawns whatever you fancy i used 3 chicken breasts.
tsp curry paste if you have some, dont worry if not.

fry garlic and onion in fry light til soft, add spices then fry for a minute more, add mushrooms, peppers, then chicken. fry for 4-5 mins then add tomatoes and a tsp sweetener. i used a curry paste which is only 30 calories for a whole pack and what i used was negligible. add chicken stock cube and simmer for 20 mins. add some chopped coriander before serving.

lovely jubbly mrs bubbly.

AMANDA DOYLE - GET THESE INGREDIENTS AND COOK EM COS I WANT YOU EATING MORE VARIETY MISSUS!

would do it on a green day next time so we can have rice as i was still a little peckish after my bowl. so i had a ww strawberry tart yogurt and 2 glasses of water. sorted.
shatterede so may go to bed with a cuppa and my little netbook so i can still keep an eye on these lot!

weigh in tomorrow- lets see how much of that 3lbs weekend bender i have shifted. hold your breath!

hyui 001.jpg

I should do some press ups for being so naughty ha, I binned the packet in the morning and bought him some teacakes (he loves em) they dont bother me.

As it happens I lost 1.5 this week I hope them 5 slices dont catch up with me next week.
So its going in the right direction.

Have a good day everyone !!!!:D

peggypig said:
I should do some press ups for being so naughty ha, I binned the packet in the morning and bought him some teacakes (he loves em) they dont bother me.

As it happens I lost 1.5 this week I hope them 5 slices dont catch up with me next week.
So its going in the right direction.

Have a good day everyone !!!!:D

Fantastic peg that's great well done. They won't catch up they probably gave your metabolism a boost. Dead proud of you well done x

Back