pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

got some pictures here for you for the meals ive had that i didnt have time to post pics for.
tuesday .
the haddock kedgeree;
kedgeree.jpg
and the syn free pancakes
attempt number 1
pancake (2).jpg
then attempt number 2 much better
pancake.jpg

wednesday
we had the cod mornay from the sw calendar and it was awful so i didnt take a photo.
thursday
lovely meal. lamb steak with mint sauce and rosemary. large garlic cheese mushroom. (mushroom sprayed with fry light, dollop of garlic philly and kerry low low grated cheese on top, baked in oven - oh my oh my.
lamb steak.jpg

kankles heres the pizza my lovely.
View attachment 11922

it was really nice.
sw syn free pizza (green day)
i used;
a packet of mr mash
garlic granules
parmesan (14g)
toppings of choice

i mixed the mr mash with some boiling water, i just kept adding a little at a time to make a dough.
then i added some garlic granules and half a portion of parmesan cheese. then sprayed a pizza dish with fry light and pressed it into the dish as thin as possible, then rolled it to smooth it down.
popped it into the oven and baked it for about 15 mins until it was golden brown, then it turned over onto the other side really easily and baked again.
when done i smeared some passata over it, then topped with oregano, sweetcorn, mushrooms, tomatoes, low low cheese (2 hex's), courgettes,and peppers.
baked until cheese was melted.
it was really nice - next time will use mozarella and pepperoni and sin the pepperoni. it cut easily into 8 pieces. you cant tell its smash, its like a crispy pastry.

give it a go. well worth it.

ooohhh looks nice that's for sure, bet it'll be nice with the pepperoni. I love spicy pizza so would add jalapeño peppers and a dash of chilli powder/flakes along with the pepperoni. May give this a go next weekend.

I had KFC chicken and bachelors beef rice for Dinner! Yummy

Hi
I was browsing and found your diary;)
I am impressed! :)
I want to be more organised so I am going to try harder this week, planning ahead a bit more!
Your meals sound soooo nice, I will use some of your ideas, if not too cheeky of me:D

friday
dinner was gammon steak with a fry light egg ( really special egg cos it was the first one from our lovely chickens).
with 2 more of those very scrummy garlic cheese mushrooms, sw chips, beans.

gammon.jpg

i made the curly wurly scan bran cake and that was quite nice- not quite like a hot fudge chocolate brownie with hot sauce , but it was a good substitute. the whole cake took 5 mins in the microwave and cut into 8 pieces. at 1.5 sins per piece.
kids had squirty cream and we had fromage frais and blueberries
curly wurly scan bran cake.jpg

today (saturday)
got up after a lie in, had a cuppa brought to me by daughter , so that was nice.
breakfast had weetabix (HEB) and milk with sliced banana.
spent 2 hours tidying kids rooms and sorting out wardrobes, then into garden , did a load of clearing up and cleaning out of guinea pigs, rabbits and digging up worms for the chickens who are not on SW, because they had too many heb's.
lunch
small jacket potato with cottage cheese and teaspoon branston pickle.(1)
dropped daughter at a party then back into garden for more digging and weeding.
other half came home, with kfc bucket for the 4 kids (2 of his 2 of mine) he bought a little pressie for us of 6 hot wings which are 4 syns each. so we had 3each. had no other sins to speak of today so that was ok.
i had already planned a takeaway night of sw kfc breast strips which were nicer than the hot wings actually, sw round chipped potatoes, beans , corn cob, and sw smash pizza. lovely jubbly.
takeaway night.jpg

Attachments

• pizza.jpg
    pizza.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 27
Hi
I was browsing and found your diary;)
I am impressed! :)
I want to be more organised so I am going to try harder this week, planning ahead a bit more!
Your meals sound soooo nice, I will use some of your ideas, if not too cheeky of me:D
hi there holiday girl, welcome and feel free to pinch any ideas you like. if theres anything in particular you fancy - let me know ive just about every recipe going.
i do adapt alot of things as i find the sw mag recipes dont always work out so nice. have had a couple of huge disasters already this week. so im sticking to recipes on here and those ive adapted from non sw ones.

ooohhh looks nice that's for sure, bet it'll be nice with the pepperoni. I love spicy pizza so would add jalapeño peppers and a dash of chilli powder/flakes along with the pepperoni. May give this a go next weekend.

I had KFC chicken and bachelors beef rice for Dinner! Yummy

and theres me with the kfc too- we are twins i told you. spicy pizza sounds nice. now ive got the hang of the pizza the list is endless. 2.5 lb each then this week kanks ol pal. wheres the grass - let me at it.

and theres me with the kfc too- we are twins i told you. spicy pizza sounds nice. now ive got the hang of the pizza the list is endless. 2.5 lb each then this week kanks ol pal. wheres the grass - let me at it.

I'm loving the KFC chicken!!!

I've got plenty of grass over here in south wales, come join me!

How do you get your pics online? If I can work out how I'll upload some of mine so we can share! Do you use your phone to save to PC or camera?

Hi Pebbles67

Ive really liked reading your Food Diary and posts. They are very interesting and I love your pics and recipes ,so I will be looking out for yours and I hope you get to your target very soon.

All the best:D

peggypig said:
Hi Pebbles67

Ive really liked reading your Food Diary and posts. They are very interesting and I love your pics and recipes ,so I will be looking out for yours and I hope you get to your target very soon.

All the best:D

Hey there peggypig ah thanks, glad you don't mind my waffling garbage and as you probably gather , me and kankles are the jokers on here. We have a weigh in thread too which is even funnier to read through. Nice to have you along, drop in anytime x

Kankles said:
I'm loving the KFC chicken!!!

I've got plenty of grass over here in south wales, come join me!

How do you get your pics online? If I can work out how I'll upload some of mine so we can share! Do you use your phone to save to PC or camera?

Love Wales, making a note on calendar now to drop over more often. I use my phone mostly, then save to pictures on pc and when you post a message normally, next to the smilie box is an upload box, press that then click browse and find your picture, click upload, wait and then click insert all . Give it a go let me know if you're stuck x

sunday
got up early well, 830. in laws coming so , ran around doing housework as a workout.

breakfast
1 slice brown toast (1/2 b) with scraping marg (1) and teaspoon marmelade (1/2). cup of tea - all eaten while hoovering.

inlaws arrived and we all went to blackbushe market. huge open air market on an airport where they have a large veg stall and a meat lorry. didnt have lunch, grabbed a black coffee whilst walking around.
we bought loads of fruit and veg.
i got 2 melons for £1,
3 huge broccoli heads for £1.
2 carrier bags of jacket potatoes for £2,
a carrier bag of tomatoes for £1
carrier bag of mushrooms for £1
carrier bag of carrots £1
3 swede for £1
and when i say carrier bag- i do mean a carrier bag full!

went to the meat market and got
14 minted lamb chops for £5
3kg bacon that was about 60 rashers, for £10
9 pork chops for £10
8 steaks for £10
6lb extra lean mince for £10
2 large chickens for £8

well worth the visit and now the freezer is full.
dinner
cooked a sw roast chicken dinner with syn free gravy, yorkie (3), stuffing (2) 2 roast potatoes and a roast parsnip. (heb)
mashed swede, green beans, carrots, broccoli.

dre 010.jpg
dessert, the kids and family had home made fruit crumble and custard, whilst we had meringue nest (2.5) fat free fromage frais, topped with blueberries, grapes, blackberries and banana.

no exercise to speak of other than the walk around the market and the housework, and only 1 glass of water --- oh thats bad. but have had 5 cups of caffeine..

will definitely have more water tomorrow.
will be having cheese (hea) and apple with glass of water bit later with a cuppa and a pack of lemon and currant ww biscuits (4)

total syns 13

Last edited:
posting a couple of soups here cos i want to try them this week.;;

thanks to ali* for this one
4 sprays of frylight in the saucepan
1 onion, cook for a couple of mins
Add 2 sweet potatoes and 2 carrots
Season
Add mixed dried herbs
Sprinkle in some ground cumin
Pour in 1 pint of veg stock made with 2 veg oxo cubes
Bring to boil then simmer for 30 mins

When cool blitz with blender

I found it a bit thick so added about half a pint of water

magsmith for this one;

This is a really filling soup.
RED KIDNEY BEAN SOUP

Ingredients
1 Large onion
1 Head celery
1 Red pepper
2 Cloves garlic (optional)
1 Large can tomatoes
1 Can kidney beans
3 tbsp tomato puree
100g red lentils
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
2 pints vegetable stock
1 Can sweetcorn

Chop all fresh veg. Just cover with water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except sweetcorn. Bring to boil and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. Stir in sweetcorn to heat through. Season with freshly ground pepper to serve.

and the missus for this one.

Cheesy Potato Croquettes
Serves 2
Approx 0.5-1 syn per serving
Uses 2 x HExA (1 HExA per serving)

Ingredients

6 maris piper potatoes
82g of low fat cheddar cheese or 56g cheddar
2 butterbuds (optional) (1 syn)
dried/fresh chives
1 packet Ainsley Harroit Roasted Veg Couscous (0.5 syns)

Method

Peel and chop spuds, boil in salted water until soft.
Transfer to mixing bowl, add seasoning, butterbuds, grated cheese and chives.
Mash thoroughly

Make up couscous as directed in a bowl or jug (170ml of boiling water, leave for 5 mins then fluff).

When couscous is cooked, spread some out on a dinner plate.
Take a small handful of mash mixture and roll in clean hands to form a croquette shape.

Roll the potato in the couscous making sure everywhere is coated. The couscous will stick to the mash.

Spray a baking tray with frylight then add the coated croquettes to the baking tray and spray the tops and sides with frylight.

Repeat until mash and couscous are gone.

Cook on gas mark 6 for about 30-40 mins.

Croquettes should go firm and crispy and golden brown as pictured.
Attached Thumbnails

Spiced Carrot Soup

green or extra easy 1syn for the lot

Serves 2

Freezing recommended

1 tsp cumin seeds
350g carrots, diced
150g potatoes, peeled and diced
1 small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp tomato puree (1syn)

600ml vegetable stock
salt and pepper

In a small heavy based pan, toast the cumin seeds for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until you begin to smell the aroma of the spice. Remove from the heat and set aside.

Place the carrots, potatoes, onion, garlic, tomato puree and stock into a large pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.

Blend the soup until smooth and add the toasted cumin seeds. Season to taste & serve.

and from 27858

CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM SOUP
Serves 2

Milk from HEA or syns

Low fat cooking spray
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
300g button mushrooms chopped
500ml skimmed milk (use from HEA, or syn)
2 slices dried porcini mushrooms
2x 400g cans butter beans drained & rinsed
1 teaspoon dried or fresh thyme chopped
small bunch fresh parsley or thyme chopped
salt & freshly ground black pepper

1) spray large non stick pan with low fat cooking spray gently fry onion & garlic for a minute.
2) add the butter mushrooms fry for a few minutes on high heat once the mushrooms start to look cooked add the milk,porcini mushrooms,beans & thyme.
3) scrape any bits that have caught on the bottom of pan into the soup.
4)bring to boil then simmer for 10 minutes then liquidise taste and adjust the seasoning it necessary.
5) sprinkle with the fresh parsley or thyme to serve.
enjoy

from honey

Carrot and corriander soup
IMGA0412.jpg

1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
450g/1lb carrots, chopped
1.2 litresl/2 pints vegetable stock
large bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper

gently soften in frylight the onion and garlic. add the carrots and soften. Add the stock and bring to boil. cover and simmer until carrots tender.
partially blitz with hand blender, then add coriander and briefly blitz again. season and serve

Evening pebbles!

U really should get out of my head! I made a red lentil & veg soup tonight ready for my lunches for work this week!!!! Telepathy at it's best!

Free on green or EE (serves 5-6)

Ingredients
1 cup red lentils
2 packs asda fresh stew pack
Chicken or Veg stock
2-3 large potatoes
Salt & pepper to taste

Method
1. Put all ingredients into a large saucepan
2. Cover with water
3. Bring to boil
4. Simmer for 2-3 hrs
5. Blitz in a blender

Voilà a yummy healthy soup!

Read all about your fab trip to the Market! What amazing bargains, I used to do the same yrs ago and stock my freezer full of meat from the Market meat vans, after your amazing buys today I think another trip is in order!

Mmmm minted lamb chops, my favourite :)

Evening pebbles!

U really should get out of my head! I made a red lentil & veg soup tonight ready for my lunches for work this week!!!! Telepathy at it's best!

Free on green or EE (serves 5-6)

Ingredients
1 cup red lentils
2 packs asda fresh stew pack
Chicken or Veg stock
2-3 large potatoes
Salt & pepper to taste

Method
1. Put all ingredients into a large saucepan
2. Cover with water
3. Bring to boil
4. Simmer for 2-3 hrs
5. Blitz in a blender

Voilà a yummy healthy soup!

Read all about your fab trip to the Market! What amazing bargains, I used to do the same yrs ago and stock my freezer full of meat from the Market meat vans, after your amazing buys today I think another trip is in order!

Mmmm minted lamb chops, my favourite :)

thanks for soup recipe, i'll give it a go, not really done much with lentils. i made 2 lots of tomato soup today, gave it to other halfs mum, then had roast chicken dinner, so made chicken soup from bones, both yummy. tomorrow i have 2 jobs, one from 930 til 130 at the hospital then 230- 6 at the gp surgery, so gonna have cereal and yog and fruit, lunch will be a soup and some crackers with cheese. dinner is spag bol made with mince from the market.
they have such great bargains, its about 30-40 min drive but so worth it. i was very cautious about it at first but its all good stuff.
have a good day at work, catch up soon. x:)

Hey any time me ole chum!

I was a bit put off when I saw lentils in this, but my sis gave me the recipe and she's the worlds most fussiest eater! So I gave it a bash and it's delish!

Got a great desert idea, will try it out tomoz and let u know if it's nice before I get you excited!!!!!

I tried the quark one earlier and it was bleeding bitter! Wasted all my choc options making it. I was drooling in anticipation of a nice cheesecake and it was rank! Lmao!!!! That'll teach me to want naughty things!

Spk tomoz x x x

Hey any time me ole chum!

I was a bit put off when I saw lentils in this, but my sis gave me the recipe and she's the worlds most fussiest eater! So I gave it a bash and it's delish!

Got a great desert idea, will try it out tomoz and let u know if it's nice before I get you excited!!!!!

I tried the quark one earlier and it was bleeding bitter! Wasted all my choc options making it. I was drooling in anticipation of a nice cheesecake and it was rank! Lmao!!!! That'll teach me to want naughty things!

Spk tomoz x x x
i did the raspberry cheesecake thing with quark for valentines dessert and i thought that was rank too. let me know how the pud goes. x

monday - urrrggghhhh

i hate mondays! off to work after school run, was working on maternity but it was so busy i didnt get time to eat breakfast when i got there, then lunch passed me by and i eventually got breakfast at 1pm. hadnt had a drink since getting up either - that place is insanely busy.

breakfast -
weetabix with yogurt and fruit

lunch (eaten at 330)
brown bread 2 slices (HEB) with ham and tomato, philly with garlic (used as a HEA)
ww hot chilli tortillas (4) mullerlite,
dinner
spag bol made with spag bol oxo cubes. syn free stylie. with half a jacket spud (had to syn it but i needed it 4syns)
2HEBs 1 HEA, 8 syns
4 glasses water, 3 cups tea. ran around the ward alot but no formal exercise.

im on a night shift tomorrow night and i usually do green days so i can take more things in to snack on. but i'm leaning towards a red because i want bacon and eggs from my little chickens (ahh love em) for breakfast, and pork chops with mashed swede for tea. think i'll make tofu choc pud to take to work and something meaty too. maybe little scotch eggs or mini quiches.:eatdrink023:

hi hun, half a cotton picking pound! back to red days only now!!!!!!!! it was your quiche i think that pushed me over the edge!!!! ha ha !!! no more naughty days!!!! see you soon, must try that choc pud soon.xxxx

hi there buddies.
yesterday -Tuesday i was very focused and managed to make a sw quiche in between darting about.

tuesday
breakfast
2 toast (heb) with grilled tomatoes on top then fry light mushrooms, a rasher of bacon on each slice topped with a fry light egg on each. it was bloomin gorgeous.
i did some chores around the house - (pah! no i didnt but it sounds good) watched some tv, then made a sw quiche with kerry low low, cottage cheese and mushrooms, and eggs. - yumtiddlyum.

went to a friends for a coffee and declined lunch politely. then when i got back home i had a lovely lunch - odd combination but hey ho. im not exactly normal.:greenapple:
lunch i had a plate of smoked mackerel fillets and 1 and a half babybel lights (half an a - will have the other half later)
plus a bowl of homemade tomato soup. really enjoyed it.

off to the school run and parents evening - BOoooo! not getting on particularly well with the teacher and for the first time in 4 years my daughter is very much disliking school :sigh2: wont be putting her on my oscars invite list

rushed back to get dinner organised before going to work.
dinner - pork chop with cajun seasoning, mashed swede, brocoli and carrots and gravy.
View attachment 12082

nipped off to clinic for 2 hrs then at 9 i drove to the hospital for my night shift.
snacks overnight were - 4 mikado sticks (2syns), mini carrot batons, piece of sw quiche. didnt get time for my muller or pear. only 2 cups of tea all night ! must get ourselves a cha lady and quick. had 3 glasses water though so not too bad.
total for the day
1 heb (oops) 2 hea, 2 syns.
no formal exercise
5 glasses water -- oooh thats better

all rounded off by getting home at 7 , doing the school run having breakfast and falling into that gorgeous pit. aaaaaahhhhhhh
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:4635:

Wednesday
got back from school run and had similar brekkie to yesterday, i love tues and wed brek.
breakfast - 2 toast,heb 2 poached eggs with frylight mushrooms and a mug of tea.

fed my little chickens and climbed into bed. :eatdrink023::turkey:
woken by the dreaded alarm at 230 pm to get the devil child from school.
grabbed a glass of water and a weight watchers choc chip biscuit (2syns) and ran out of the door looking most disshevelled.
kids had crumpets and then fruit crumble which my son had made in food tech today. (food tech? whats all that about, what happened to cookery or domestic science as it then became known as. )
anyway............... i had a desertspoonful of his crumble - well i had to because it was his masterpiece and he was so proud of it. i just said - 'i tell you what i'll have a spoonful to taste but i cant have a bowl. - ok says he, and polishes off the lot.:7834:

The taster i had was bloody lovely -- note to self, 13yr old WILL be cooking from now on. dont know how i'll syn this but i dont intend eating much later as im still feeling yuk from my night shift. love the staff, love the job but hate the feeling a night shift leaves you with. tired, nay, exhausted, nauseous and zombie like.
grabbed a piece of quiche as a snack as i wouldnt last until dinner (currently 4pm).

red day today so dinner was carrot and coriander soup from further up this thread and very nice it was too. very keen to try this garlic maggi chicken ive got, so i think i'm gonna have that.

oh MY GOD!!! ive died and gone to heaven! the maggi garlic chicken was absolutely fantastic, so juicy and tender and very tasty. full of flavour - mostly garlic - ha! had it with roasted veg (heb for some potatoes in there)
sw 001.jpg
shape mango yogurt for dessert

weigh in tomorrow, think i'm gonna do just fine . fingers crossed for 2lb loss

hi hun, half a cotton picking pound! back to red days only now!!!!!!!! it was your quiche i think that pushed me over the edge!!!! ha ha !!! no more naughty days!!!! see you soon, must try that choc pud soon.xxxx
half a pound is half a tin of beans missus. ! dont knock it. but yes red days i like the best. and hang on just a flipping mong of a minute- my quiche! there was hardly enough to fill a hole love. you gotta take into consideration the night shift, i bet all week its different either side of the nights. im hoping for 2lbs this week. i had the maggi garlic chook tonight - oh my life- better than sex with a registrar that was! .
choc pud i promise next time i see you ok! blame sarah - she said no. any other requests?

made the carrot and coriander soup on my thread today and that was yummytiddlyscrum. got loads for tomoro and beyond. green day tomoro me thinks, gonna try these cheese croquettes.

ive found some pate recipes i'm gonna resurrect, if you like pate.
see you soon, keep focus poppet xx

Back