pebbles sw food diary- get a grip!

monday 25th of april and it was nice to be home. my appetite gradually came back and that evening we had a bit of a concoction that i came up with .
i had some boiled potato which i sliced and placed in a large ovenproof dish, i made up some stock using chicken bovril and water (probably about half a pint) poured it over the potato, with some chopped fresh tomatoes and spring onions. i then put on top 2 chicken breasts and coated them with a few tablespoons of curry paste. really tasty .

25th april hicken.jpg

tuesday 26th april - a green day
luckily off work this week as i took a second week while kids were back at school to do some sorting out in the garden. now having ben off too meant a little less work around house and a little more whistle blowing than i was comfortable with . however, the poor guy was basically sofa bound so i had to tend to his every need, pass the remote, mum, can i have a pee mum, can i have a drink mum, and so on. i have to say in his defence it has made me realise that i do ask the kids to do alot around the home for me, cos i found myself saying, pop up and get my phone by the bedside , jump out of the car and post this letter poppet, bring down your washing from your room and so on. all the helpful little jobs were having to be done by me and of course this running around using up energy, made me tired which in turn increased my metabolism and made me more hungry. so i ate a little more nibbly bits than i perhaps- no not perhaps! lets be honest absolutely shouldnt have had. there ive said it!

for dinner i made ainsleys thai rice, pitta bread pizzas, chips and beans and it was lovely and filling.
26th april pitta pizza.jpg

wednesday 27th april - a red day
i bought a beef and ale casserole sauce which worked out as a couple of syns .i threw everything into my slow cooker and it made a huge amount which fed 4 of us and then another 2 portions left over.

27th april beef.jpg

Hello you! I must admit I had tears in my eyes reading the part about Ben being hit & u having bad dreams. I have 2 sons (7 & 3), I can totally imagine ur worry. (((hugs))). So pleased he's on the mend & things are returning to normal xx

ahh kieragh thanks so much, youre always there with a smile for me, thanks for the support. it was indeed horrid but as you say hes on the mend poor love really had a shake up. had an xray yesterday and the break appears to be healing well, they changed the plaster and he asked for a fluorescent pink one - hes such an exhibitionist just like his mother. lol. im back to listing my diary cos i really need to keep focused again, losses have dwindled a wee bit. so im back again and god willing thats my bad luck for 7 years finished. how are you getting on? xxx

pebbles67 said:
ahh kieragh thanks so much, youre always there with a smile for me, thanks for the support. it was indeed horrid but as you say hes on the mend poor love really had a shake up. had an xray yesterday and the break appears to be healing well, they changed the plaster and he asked for a fluorescent pink one - hes such an exhibitionist just like his mother. lol. im back to listing my diary cos i really need to keep focused again, losses have dwindled a wee bit. so im back again and god willing thats my bad luck for 7 years finished. how are you getting on? xxx

Eugh. I'm not doing too well, battling with the same 2lb, on and off on and off. Getting scundered but if I'm totally honest with myself I'm not following plan properly so need to boot myself up the backside!!! A pink cast, that's so funny, he sounds brilliant xx

Eugh. I'm not doing too well, battling with the same 2lb, on and off on and off. Getting scundered but if I'm totally honest with myself I'm not following plan properly so need to boot myself up the backside!!! A pink cast, that's so funny, he sounds brilliant xx

my weight loss has dwindled somewhat over the last few weeks too, but im trying to get back into it 100%. heres hoping. im not where i want to be yet so i cant be stopping now.

pebbles67 said:
my weight loss has dwindled somewhat over the last few weeks too, but im trying to get back into it 100%. heres hoping. im not where i want to be yet so i cant be stopping now.

Blooming right ur not stopping now girlie! Bob hope and no hope!!! ;-)

You're in this with me....for the long term too. We're gonna hit target together.

We've both been a little up and down so let's put all that behind us a make this week a 2lb week yeah. I'm fancing some green days this week, got weird cravings for rice & pasta! Must have been the barney rubble rice dish you posted last night!!!!!

So what do ya say chickaboo, you with me? Xxxx

friday 29th april
royal wedding day
i decided to make it a bit different for the kids and something for them to remember . after all its their future king. ben was awake at 430am and in pain, eventually he got to sleep by 545 and i decided as i was awake there was no point in going back to bed. got showered and dressed and watered garden, fed all 4 legged creatures 0h - and chickens. then started making 1 syn cupcakes. i decided to do a royal lunch. i made finger sandwiches with egg mayo, ham and mustard and cheese and cucumber. i also cooked quorn sausages, had ww crisps, sw mousse in heart shaped moulds and mint matchmakers (5 for 4 syns.) lots of cups of tea and a lovely day had by all.

29th april royal cakes.jpg

29th april royal wedd.jpg

29yh april wedding.jpg

saturday 30th april - red day
a day of gardening and shopping today, Oh had his kids for the day and a friend of mine offered to have my daughter for the weekend and take her camping. i was initially hesitant because of what happened to ben and i thought if anything happens to her, then i wouldnt be with her. then sensibility dawned and i let her go off to have a great time.
breakfast - 2 slices toast (1b)with poached eggs
After breakfast the kids arrived, my daughter went and we went off shopping. Got some mikado sticks in poundland 3 for £2 milk and White choc. O.5 syn each . Plus more ww crisps. Kids wanted a mvdonalds and luckily ben was in a wheelchair borrowed from work so he wasn't having to get about on crutches. We had coffee whilst they devoured bug mac meals . Ben vegan to get pain do we headed home.
lunch - 3 ww crackers (2.5syns) laughing cow light (part of a) , spread on top with sardine pate and lettuce. very tasty.
sardine pate made very easily with a tin of sardines in tomato sauce and blitzed in blender until smooth, muller and fruit

A friend of ours invited ben to come over and play on the ps3 to get a different 4 walls to be stuck in, so we dropped him over, they were having a family BBQ and invited us in. We didn't have food as we had dinner planned at home but I did have a rarity for me, a glass of wine. Well it went straight to my head ! And I got up to walk and fell about like bambi.
dinner - spicy chicken from joes sausages, cabbage, carrots and a large half of a jacket,(b choice) mushrooms courgettes and cheese (rest of a) baked in oven, mashed swede. - filling or what . i love these joes sausages meats. will have to order again soon as nearly all used up.

30th april.jpg

30yh april.jpg

Last edited:
sunday 1st May

nothing much planned today as ben was resting, daughter was off camping for the weekend with a friend of mine. OH was doing things around the house and garden so we planned a lazy ish day.
breakfast was cheese omelette, HEA , lunch a salad and dinner was aldi's 3 bird roast and very nice it was too. loads of meat - helpful as we were on a red day, and it was very juicy meat. we saved our hebs for roast parsnips and roast potatoes. had cabbage, broccoli, carrots, yorkshire pudding (4 syns) and gravy (2 syns) :candledinner:

monday 2nd may
my daughter was still away, and my ex husband was coming to take our son to the cinema to get him out for a while. we decided to take the opportunity to go shopping for fruit and veg and to have some lunch out. the plan was to have something on plan, which took a downward slide as we found ourselves sitting in a chinese being forced to eat from the 'all you can eat buffet' it was no good resistance was futile, so we gave in to the duck pancakes. having said that we resisted the prawn crackers and the deep fried calamari/ onion rings/ spare ribs/ chips/ and anything else deep fried.
we did enjoy our meal and our time together which we had had little of during the last few days in hospital etc.
we stopped at Lidl and bought loads of fruit and veg. then later that night we had muller yogurts.

Hello my lovely! Ah well the buffet could've been much worse & u did well, plus bet it was lovely to be chilled out together :)

I've started a wee diary if u could pop on & check it for me every now & again? How's ur son? Xx
yeah of course i'd be glad too, i hope i can help cos i dont go to class so might not be as up to date as some people on here.
bens ok thanks , one day at a time tho. still sore but back at school part time.
lovely to see you again chook xx

wednesday 4th may green day
son was still off school, so we did little more than potter around the house and garden. still early days for him so i was able to get on with some things for short periods. it was a hot day so breakfast was poached eggs on toast (heb), then i planted some veggies in my veggie patch and sowed some seeds. drinking alot of water today due to the heat. didnt have lunch as such just fruit, apple, banana and melon.
picked up daughter from school and decided to get a manicure which the children were ecstatic about as you can imagine- sitting in a nail bar for an hour - thrilling for an eight year old and a 13 yr old with a broken leg.
home to make the tea, and i was desperate to try out my new recipe for barneys rice. that i found on here somewhere ,not the purple dinosaur as kankles has already teased me about but some chef on tv. anyway its gorgeous and really worth a try if youve got a spare few minutes to do it.

its dead easy and lovely.

fry light
1 egg, beaten with about 2 tbsp water
onion , chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 heaped tbsp curry powder
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
a large handful of frozen peas(about 85g/3oz)
250g leftover cold cooked rice (any type) or a 250g pouch of ready cooked rice
175g cooked chicken or pork , shredded into strips
a good splash of soy sauce

1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a highish heat.spray with fry light Pour in the beaten egg, swoosh it around the pan and leave it to set for a minute. Flip it over like a pancake and let it cook for a minute more on the otherside, then tip it out flat on to a plate.
  2. respray the pan. Tip in the onion and sizzle for 3-4 minutes until it's starting to brown, then stir in the garlic, curry powder and ketchup. Add the peas and cook for a minute or two until they start to defrost. Tip in the rice, cooked meat and a glass of water (100ml/31⁄2fl oz) and cook over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring as you go, until everything's piping hot and the rice has taken on the colour of the curry powder.
  3. While your rice is frying, shred the omelette into long strips. Toss the omelette and soy sauce through the rice and cook for a moment more. Scoop the rice on to plates straight from the pan and serve with extra soy sauce for sprinkling over.
sarah - you have to try this!

4th may.jpg

we had it with a large half of a jacket, mixed with hea of cheese, spring onion and extra light mayo.(2syns)
mikado stick about 6 = 3 syns

so hea - cheese on jacket
heb - toast x 2 , then chicken in the rice.
5 syns,

weigh in day tomorrow, not looking forward to it as we had the chinese monday and i ve been picking all week. it seems that i cant throw myself into it as much as i was and i dont like to blame other things because its me who puts the food in my mouth, but, i do think its due to the stress of the accident etc.
all i can do is try again tomorrow.

thursday 4th may came - red day and weigh in day.:scale:
i'd put on a lb. well i could live with that.breakfast i had magic porridge and i love it kankles so there! ner! then
for lunch we had a medical rep coming in and they bring lunch, however i knew only too well it wouldnt be what i could eat, so i had taken in my packed lunch of ham sandwich 1b, fruit and muller, i did have a handful of poppadums tho that he brought and counted 4 syns for them. a plum, orange and a cup of tea. i resisted the mini rolls, cookies and crisps.
dinner - we had joes garlic and chilli pork grillsticks and they were very very nice - garlicky but nice. served with potato and sweet potato mash, and salad.

5th may.jpg

friday 6th may - a green day but i was at work, had magic porridge for breakfast. then treated my friend to lunch as she had my daughter for me over the previous weekend. we went to our usual cafe in town for ;
jacket potato, with chicken bacon (1B), brie (1a), salad and dressing.(2 syns) and a large black coffee. then got back to work and had a yogurt.
unfortunately i cant remember what we had that night. - note to self write it down!

saturday we got up and packed for our little trip away to a country house hotel for OH birthday. i had a banana but didnt realise he had no breakfast. anyway by 3pm he was starvin and we just arrived at our hotel. we ordered;
lunch i had a beef and horseradish sandwich and it came with a handful of crisps but nowhere near half a pack so im saying 5 syns. then it had a side salad which did have coleslaw but i left most of it.
after lunch we changed and went to the gym where i did 30 mins on the treadmill totalling 2 miles, and burning a mere 102 calories. then a swim sauna and a steam and off back to the room for a shower.
dinner that night was steak with a pepper sauce which i am unsure how to count, as i dont know what was in it, then a handful of chips and steamed veg. pudding was a small apple puree with a tiny thimble of calvados ice cream. so a gorgeous meal but i doubt i was within plan. flexi syn that then. lol

sunday breakfast was a buffet of fruits and pastries- steered clear of the pastry but had plenty of fruit and a handful of muesli(0.5 heb), some compote fruit too. then poached eggs and bacon, mushroom and tomato. 1 slice of toast (0.5 heb)and a tablespoon of marmelade (2)
we missed lunch and went off to visit an old castle and stopped for a coffee (oh yes and half a chocolate brownie each) oops but it was his birthday and we did half it, (trying to claw back a little sympathy from the slimming crew)
tea when we got home was a good old ham cheese(hea) and egg salad with mayo (2)

total of 1hea, 2 hebs, 4 syns then the brownie which i dont know cos ive now lost my book. anyway probably still ok as no other syns today

8th may.jpg

Last edited:
monday 9th may

working today from 230 til 530. ben was at home as he had been in pain over the weekend. so i made us breakfast of poached eggs on toast (1heb). ran around did housework, watch tv with ben for a while. then took out some chicken to defrost for dinner. 230 soon came around and off i went to work.
lunch at work was a plum, banana, mullerlight and a packet of slimfast pretzels which were really tasty and (4.5 syns)
that evening i was dyeing my hair because i'd noticed some grey hairs appearing and thats not good, i have no intention of growing old ungracefully. so i enlisted the help of my work buddy loretta who later on arrival told me she had never done it before! triffic! i had dyed it before but thought it would be a giggle and a chance for us to get together. i chose red! yup red! well actually its more like a violetish plum. looked lovely on the box!
anyway i decided to show off my new actifry so threw in a load of chips (1heb)to cook while we were in hairdressing mode. she was suitably impressed and went ahead and bid on one on ebay. i munched on these and sweet potato ones id made. accompanied by a bit of salad and a chicken breast smeared with bbq sauce (the free sachets you get from mcdonalds well, they were in the cupboard from when the kids picked up too many so i thought id use them. obviously need to syn them. used one per 2 breasts) then a (heA) of cheese on top to melt. oooh very tasty.
the hair- well it turned out just fine but very red - it'll grow on me she says avoiding every mirror in the house. 'oh yuk i hate it' says 8yr old. 'loving the hair mum' says 13yr old. well its the 13yr old im going with cos he is the one in the midst of the fashion in my opinion. after all he is the one who says im a cool mum. that'll do for me. although i often wonder why im not allowed to drop him off at school, it has to be around the corner, and when we go shopping he likes to walk ahead or behind me - ummmmmm yeah.
9th may.jpg

2hebs, 1 hea, 6.5 syns

tuesday 10th may - other halfs birthday. i did the school run and went off to tescos (yet again) got lots of nice bits including individual muffins for the kids to have as birthday cake then i wouldnt be tempted. whilst out i grabbed a ham sandwich made with 2 slices granary bread (1b), 2 slices thick cut ham, mint leaves and sweet chilli sauce (0.5 syn) yumm yummmmmmmmm
met up with a friend on the way back and had 2 coffees and a knatter.
dinner that night i made a buffet tea party for OH and all 4 kids. i had sw tuna quiche, salad, sweetcorn relish (1.0 syn) brie and feta (2hea). then jelly mousse and fruit.
total 1.5 syns 2heas and 1 heb - oops heb short. 2nd 100% day.

10th may.jpg
10th may (2).jpg
wednesday 11th may
breakfast was a fibre plus bar (1 heb) and a banana as i was driving to visit my best friend who is off sick with a poorly neck, had coffee and more chatting before having a lovely lunch of salad, prawns, balsamic dressing(0.5 syns), boiled potatoes (1heb)marks and spencers count on us crisps (4 syns) followed by blueberries,strawberries and grapes and diet coke. had a fab day and we chatted forever. sadly was time to go for school run. got home and had ww yogurt and 2 slices of ham, cup of tea and pack of ww biscuits (4 syns) 2 mini flakes (5 syns).
went off with 2 friends to a local zumba class and strutted my stuff and busted dem moves. exhausted shattered and very sweaty i got home and had a bowl of quorn chilli which i had cooking away nicely. it was delicious.
so no heas, 2 hebs, 13.5 syns

Last edited:

ooh wednesday nights quorn chilli picture sorry !

may 001.jpg

thursday 12th may
a work day, had my lovely magic porridge (1heb) for breakfast when i got to work, made it with orange low fat yog and it was scrummy.
had a fairly busy day with patients in clinic then at lunchtime had a ham salad sandwich (1heb) with sweet chilli sauce (0.5 syn) salad cream (1 syn) a pack of ww tortilla chips (4 syns) an apple plum and banana and a toffee mullerlight. all washed down with a mug of black tea whilst conducting a work meeting.
got home after school run and felt peckish, couldnt wait until tea so i sneaked a slice of bread (2.5syns) and a spoonful of egg mayo sandwich filler (4 syns OMG) and a slice of ham. other half came in and we did a 3 mile walk at brisk pace. it wasnt too bad and i was quite proud of myself.
for tea i made sw beef burgers with a babybel light in the middle and they were really nice. i mixed mince with a beaten egg, some mixed herbs, a little paprika, some dijon mustard, a handful of chopped pickled gherkins and formed them around a babybel light then popped into oven for 15-20 mins. very tasty with salad cream (1 syn) small jacket potato (1heb) with butter buds sachet (0.5 syns), and 2 frylight eggs. with salad.
yogurt to round it off.
oops - 13.5 syns, only babybel towards my heas, and 3 yes 3 hebs. got carried away doing a small jacket.
see at least im honest.
may 002.jpg

friday 14th may
long day at work today - booooooo! so last night i chopped all the ingredients for a chicken curry done in the slow cooker with a packet scwarz mix. threw it all in the cooker and put on for 8hrs. organised or what? my house is a tip but what the hell as long as the foods sorted.
breakfast my good old magic porridge (1heb)- its not magic- ing this weight away though is it. made with a peach yogurt which again was very tasty.
i didnt have any workmates to have lunch with today as my little friend was on holiday in amsterdam! well someone has to go i suppose.
so i sat and did work at my pc whilst eating a sweet and sour mugshot, my favourite flavour, with 2 ryvita (4 syns) and flora light (2 syns) some brie (1a)
got home, to the smell of chicken curry but it didnt taste all that inspiring so i added more passata and curry powder and a dash of coriander. went out on another 3 mile walk this time taking the 8 year old daughter on her bike- note to others DONT TAKE 8 YEAR OLD OUT ON BIKE WHEN DOING A WALK. she was tired after a mile, she fell off twice, all of which made my pace slower and whereas it took me 42 mins the day before, it took an hour today. then 400 yards from home she falls off , crying with grazed knee i carry her back- not to be repeated pebbles ok?
the curry - it was quite bland and dry. much better with my addition of a tin of mushy peas. had it with rice and a ww naan bread for (5 syns)- lovely. chicken was (1heb) and it had beans, passata, sauce packet,(1 syn) potatoes, spinach, onions.
mandarin yogurt and choc n orange yogurt mixed into a orange jelly to set, ooooh yum twas lovely my beauties.

so 2 hebs , 1 hea, 12 syns and a 3 mile walk

may 003.jpg

Back