Pedometer advice.

missk

Have had a search and can't see any info on threads to help me out.
I bought the new WW pedometer a few weeks ago to give me some encouragement. I set it up using the manual stride length so i knew it was my actual stride, have it set on low and never use the active setting as i'd rather be underestimating steps if anything. But i have to question the accuracy of the pedometer, some days it says ive earned 11 points which seems rather high to me. Typically I'd do a 30 min round trip walk to the pool and although i'm on the go most of the days, supermarket shopping, general tooing and throwing at home that kind of thing, it seems to be on the high side. Is it possible to rack up that many points in a day ( 8.30am till 10.30pm ish) or have i gone wrong somewhere?

Have had a search and can't see any info on threads to help me out.
I bought the new WW pedometer a few weeks ago to give me some encouragement. I set it up using the manual stride length so i knew it was my actual stride, have it set on low and never use the active setting as i'd rather be underestimating steps if anything. But i have to question the accuracy of the pedometer, some days it says ive earned 11 points which seems rather high to me. Typically I'd do a 30 min round trip walk to the pool and although i'm on the go most of the days, supermarket shopping, general tooing and throwing at home that kind of thing, it seems to be on the high side. Is it possible to rack up that many points in a day ( 8.30am till 10.30pm ish) or have i gone wrong somewhere?

What do you mean when you say you've set it to low? I've only done that if its been on Active Mode, not when you're just using Daily? X

Sorry my mistake, i did have it in low on active when i first set it up but have taken it off active so its just on bog standard set up. It must be very sensitive as ive had a lazy day today and i also wore an additional pedometer, not a WW one, next to each other... WW shows 14,672 steps.. The other one shows 4576, so a major difference... I wear it on my waist band near the hip, is there a better position for it?

Sorry my mistake, i did have it in low on active when i first set it up but have taken it off active so its just on bog standard set up. It must be very sensitive as ive had a lazy day today and i also wore an additional pedometer, not a WW one, next to each other... WW shows 14,672 steps.. The other one shows 4576, so a major difference... I wear it on my waist band near the hip, is there a better position for it?

I normally wore mine Mid Thigh on the Waist Band., I always found it to be quite accurate, it wasn't very motivating tho as I had to do so many steps to get a pp lol x

Thanks, will have a go at putting it in a different position and see how i go on.

Fingers Crossed! I loved my Pedometer but lost it a couple of months ago :-(

Back