peeing on sticks

greentea

when i did the urine test the colour changed to the darkest on the chart and i was told i wasnt drinking enough water even though im drinking 4/5 litres a day, has anyone else had this problem.

there was a lady in my group early on who always had dark dark sticks- but she was always in ketosis - itsjust her chemistry. As long as you are following the plan 100%, you cannot NOT be in ketosis after a few days - so if thats the case try not to worry. I wouldn;t suggest drinking too too much more water. :)

hmm - am confused _ i thought eating a pack knocked you out of ketosis and that would mean NO colour change?
My stick changes colour very very slightly and I 100% abstain and very rarely drink 3 litres of water!

I agree with nandak, I always have a pack just before the group and my stick doesn't change colour. The LLC says this is because I've had a pack before. If the colour is deep purple it shows your are in deep ketosis I believe.

We have been told that the lighter the colour the better. ANY change in colour shows you are in ketosis and the ideal is the first 2 light colours on the chart. Any darker shows you are dehydrated.

Greantea - are you stopping drinking early on wi day?

hmm - am confused _ i thought eating a pack knocked you out of ketosis and that would mean NO colour change?
My stick changes colour very very slightly and I 100% abstain and very rarely drink 3 litres of water!

Packs cannot knock you out of ketosis. If that was the case, we'd never be in ketosis seeing as we're having 4 packs a day!!

My stick is ALWAYS soooooo pale. But I stick to the diet 100% never cheat, always have 4 litres. Hubby says im defo in ketosis tho' cos my breath stink!!! :D

My old LLC said it was cos i have a pack before i go, but i've tried all ways round. The only day it went slightly pink was when I had not had my usual quota so far that day........:confused:

Please don't worry about the colour of your sticks - any colour change is good. I am pretty sure that darker colours DO NOT mean that you are dehydrated. Packs can stop the ketosis process in some people as they provide some carb content and bodies would rather burn carbs than fat. BTW current LL policy on fluids is to drink at least 2 litres of fluid, the rest of your fluid intake is up to you and more to do with quenching thirst than sticking rigidly to 4 litres. For more info on that, see your counsellor.

Tina

We were told that if we had more than 2 weeks at the darkest colour then we would be told to leave the programme. LLC said this is because it is dangerous?

Just to add my tuppence worth...
My LLC says that if the stick is dark pink then you are dehydrated. I think that's fair enough but a litre of water weighs a kilogram...so I personally try not to drink a huge amount of water before weigh in.

I've never been told that I would be asked to leave because of water...although she did say that if I didn't have all of my packs then she would boot me out! :D

xx

I've got the opposite problem, my sticks aren't changing colour at all !! But my LLC counsellor said it could be because of meds I'm on and as long as I'm loosing weight not to worry.

She also said at begining that they would prefer you to be in the first 2 colours and that if it was dark pink, then that may indicate dehydration, so at least some truth is in there somewhere !!

I understand about the colours supposedly meaning about dehydration and stuff - but when I did Atkins, we were told in the book to get ketostix - and the darker the colour the better, because it measures the ketones in your urine - and the more there are, the more fat you are getting rid of.

Since starting LL, i've tried to keep it paler, but it's always quite dark - and no, I don't drink much water (max 3l)... but it was always practically black when I was on Atkins and I lost a ton of weight and felt great. I wouldn't take too much notice... as long as you ARE drinking enough water, which is important regardless of how it affects the stick.

Anna x

Hmmm... the plot thickens.... last week I was useless with my water - maxing about 1 litre per day, including shakes... and my stick was fine last night!!! Nearer the pale end of the spectrum!! Go figure!

Hmmmm, in my group last week the ladies were really please because their sticks were very dark. I was worried because mine was pale. I didnt ask the LLC counsellor what It meant but Im going again tonight so will find out and report back!! hehe! Lets get to the bottom of the wee stick mystery!! :argh:

xxx

well ive bought my own pack of wee sticks now and have been using them throughout the day and the colour is different all the time not just depending on if ive had a shake

Back