People starting LL in March...

Mine was 3.5lbs, the aftermath of TOTM & doing very little in half term!

Well done Cherry Plum. That is great weight loss :)

Hi Everyone - well done on your losses, there are some great ones there.

I lost 3lbs this week to take me to a total of 40lbs!!! Ever so happy now.

Cath

Well done you Cath!!! :) That is such an achievement! You must be over the moon!

Ahhhh!! Flippin 1 pound again (see sig!) ...am going to ring LL tomorrow to ask if any of my meds may make a difference. Despite disappointment I did drink 4 litres by group (normlly only had 2 by then) and that may explain it, plus when you work out on a weekly basis I've still lost 3ibs a week so important to keep it in proportion! I aint going nowhere but feel frustrated for obvious reasons!! Inch loss overall is 10 1/2 ibs so not bad pus I look & feel thinner! Have NO intention of cheating & when I do tell that old "chatterbox" to f-off! Yahoo, cooking on gas, despite a teeny loss!

ISOM - I can understand your feelings of frustration, I've got to be honest and say that I would have them exactly the same. I think it's a good thing if you do ring LL as it may be something in your meds. The water before group I do believe makes a difference, I try to drink about the same each week as an average.

It's a credit to you that you do ignore your chatterbox, you really are determined.

Stay strong honey

Cath

Hi ISOM

So sorry for your dissapointment , but hell girl you are so inspirational , you are still strong and positive despite the knocks, well done! :superwoman:
Its the overall picture that matters you look and feel thinner and you have lost a fabulous amount of inches , its all good , so F...K the scales! Let us know how you get on checking the meds with LL.
Sending a hug and good luck for next week
X C :hug99:

I lost 3 lbs last night.

ISOM - sorry that you are feeling so frustrated but I'm sure it will start moving more quickly again. I saw a thread on another forum the other day about plateauing and a few people said they had short periods where they lost nothing at all and their LLC said it was water retention but eventually their weight caught up again. I hope that's the case with you.:eek:

Hi all & as always thanks for the encouragement - couldnt do this witout you lot! Found out why I've had crap losses (see boards) so thats good! Trying to drink loads of water but for me there is a limit plus want to be careful not to drink too much! Plus when I'm out & about there is a limit to what you can have!! Hope you're all ok?

Last edited:
Helooooo...anyone there? Hope the silence doesent mean people arent ok! Weigh in tomorrow!! Cant wait lol!! Hope I've lost less than a 1ib this week!! Hows everyone doing? Have decided to have all my hair chopped off on sat!! Dont think it suits me this long...feel slightly nervous about it as it will be quite drastic! Anyone else done this? Just hope I dont embarass myself by crying!!

You're very brave ISOM - I have a phobia about hairdressers - haven't been to one for more than 20 years (weird I know). I'm sure you'll enjoy the results - everyone I know loves having their hair done. Hope the WI tomorrow goes well - you deserve a more encouraging number. It will come eventually I'm sure. You have done so well during a very difficult couple of weeks.

LOL ISOM - I think you mean you hope you've lost more than a pound this week :D I hope you have too - keeping my fingers crossed for a good loss for you.

I'd recommend getting your hair cut off, I got mine cut off about 3 or 4 weeks ago and it's the best thing I've done (well apart from this diet). It now just about sits on my shoulders and it's layered and I curl the edges of a morning - I love it.

All going well here - I've got weigh in tomorrow too. I'll be happy with anything over 2lb as that takes me to 3 stone gone :bliss:

Cath

Hi all, good luck with your weigh ins this week.
I had my WI on Monday & lost another 4lbs whopee.
That brings me to 40lbs, just 2 pounds away from 3 stone in 8 weeks.
ISOM I do hope your WI is better this week, I got my hair cut a few weeks ago & it made me feel so much better.

I started LL on 24th March, and will have my 6th weigh in since the initial meeting tonight. I started a couple of days late as I had a work conference to go to and I didn't want to start off failing.

So far I have lost about 40lbs, by my own scales, 38lbs by the LLC's. I reckon between 23 & 30 more to go.

So far I have managed not to cheat at all, although there are days where I don't manage to have all the foodpacks. I'm hoping that this doesn't have too much of a detrimental effect on what I'm doing. I do manage to drink between 12 and 16 pints of water a day. That is the easy bit for me.

I'm hoping that I'll be in the abstinence stage for another 5-6 weeks at most, but I know that it may take a bit longer. I'm lucky that the weight comes off a bit quicker for me than for a lot of you ladies, but I'm not taking any of that for granted.

It's clear from this thread that you're all doing really well. It's brilliant to see that so many people are finding this difficult but are determined to do it properly and get to where they want to be. Well done everyone. It's heartening to be able to read people's thoughts on the very things that I'm going through too. I'm glad I discovered this forum.

Good luck everyone.

Welcome hiddenfishcake & well done on the weight loss so far. Keep up the good work!
WI tonight & thank goodness at last a good weight loss of 6ibs!! Yahooo! Works out at 3.8 a week which is great! Feelng v. positive about it all & group is gelling really well! Am pooped & had a rough day but still on track and no intention of cheating but need sleep! Hope peoples WI went well too? Fab weight loss you have Katie & yes I did mean loss!!! Looking frward to having hair cut as been procrastinating for weeks about s as dont think it suits me long - too fine & doesent do me justice so going for layered bob of sorts.

Hi everyone well done isom on a great loss this week I had a good loss too 7.5lbs made me feel really good keep up the good work.
Mandy x.

Hurray ISOM - am so glad you got a great loss :) Well done for sticking with it so strongly.

Mandy, that's a brilliant loss well done :)

Cath

Well done ISOM, we knew you could do it this week!
Well done for not giving in & being strong.

Brilliant news ISOM! I'm so relieved for you - was thinking of you last night and came on here this am looking for news of your WI! I bet your weight will drop off from now on, now you know what stopped you before. Well done - and try to get lots of sleep!!

Well done ISOM. That's really good news. My official WI showed a loss of 3.5lbs. I'm fairly happy with that although I would have liked it to be more. Have to keep going though.

Well done also Mandy. 7.5 is cracking!

Back