People who are negative - then jump on the bandwagon annoy me so much....!

Sarahdramateacher

Anyone else agree...

"it's bad for you" "your too skinny" "you will put it all back on" "it's made you boring" "you look too bony" "it's a waste of time"

Comments I heard many times from a lot of people...

However 8 months, 6 stone 3lb down, from size 22 to size 10 and successful maintaining for 2 months.. Later...

Those stupid idiots decide that they too are going to do Cambridge diet despite making me feel like rubbish for the last 6 months about making a "big mistake"

This really bugs me :-(

I agree fully Hun! I'm on slim and save and have heard so many times I'm going to make myself ill or the faster it comes off the quicker it will go back on :(
Everyone has tried talking me out of doing this except my OH but I'm close to 4 1/2 stone down so far so I'm not giving in!!!

You have done so well Hun well done xx

Ha ha i know what you mean when you see them you will have to keep asking if they are ill or put any weight on although most forget they ever said such mean things!

I have had the same you will put it back on or why dont you just not eat as much whilst doing slimfast for one i lost the same three stone last time by going to the gym and put it back on so its nothing to do with the method and if i could limit myself i wouldn't be in this situation!

Well done on your loss and especially maintaining i am a stone of goal and just hope i can do as well

It's a meal replacement diet :) if you google it you will find the site with all the info on it xx

It's so annoying!!! Just because I feel that everyone was trying to put me down and say how terrible it is...

If it was that bad they wouldn't be doing it!!

I know how it feels...No matter what you do, you can't please everyone. Some people simply don't understand that you've lost weight for yourself. If you're satisfied with the way you look, it doesn't matter what others are saying. Try to ignore them and be proud of yourself!

I can understand you being miffed about this but look at it another way: you've inspired other people to do something you've done. You went against the grain and your success has actually changed someone's perspective. Changing someone's mind about something is incredibly difficult and actually quite rare, so look at it as a massive compliment for everything you've achieved.

The first time I lost weight, I got to about 9st. People were telling me I looked awfully thin and what have you; these were people that used to be thinner than me and got a lot of attention. Then as soon as I walked in wearing nice fitted clothes, people are hating! Don't let it get you down, these people are obviously not happy about themselves. It's a big ol' cliche, I know, but I really think it's true! Only people who aren't happy with themselves will try to sabotage you.

What's really interesting is the person who was unbelievably negative towards me doing it... And then started it herself... Has failed miserably and opted for kebabs, BBQ and burger king at the weekend... Not really easy as they made out is it!! Grrr

I get a lot of negative comments about how much gym and running I do, yet whenever they want to go to a gym class they ask me which is best.... of course ill say the hardest, more tiring, one that will leave your body so sore you cant get up off the toilet the next day (through aches!!) they never come back for some reason, or ask me again for that matter :p
I often get "your doing too much! you'll make yourself ill" etc.... but strangely enough ive been doing this almost 5 years, and I haven't tired myself out, and im not ill. yet they will come try a super easy class and nothing more. if it dosent challenge you, it dosent change you is my motto ;)

It never ceases to amaze me the jealousy that rips out of people. I think when you've been overweight for a while people (even close friends & family) get comfortable with you being the chubby one, get used to them getting more attention than us, the minute we try and lose its the same crap. My boss in work, she's skinnier than me, but she must see me as a threat because whenever I mention losing weight she starts trying to feed me, leaving chocolate bars & doughnuts on my desk saying I dont need to lose weight and I need to enjoy life ect......i'm 6 stone over weight. She is 17lbs over weight....how dare she!!! That same day, I clocked her computer monitor....guess what website she was on......slimming world.....she buys food for herself (and me) and bins hers, i've seen her when she didn't think I did. I am actually starting to hate her. I've been trying too pretend that im not losing weight, so that she doesn't try to sabotage.....she is normally a lovely person thats what gets to me, she's willing to do that to me to make herself better. Grrrrrr xxxxx

Wow, littlemiss, that's truly shocking. I don't know why someone would want to sabotage you in that way. It's not as if your success negates hers. In the words of rappers, "b i t c hes be crazy". ;)

You are so right - it must come down to jealousy. It's absolutely ridiculous... I was clearly obese - weighing 16.7stone and a size 22, yet people have the cheek to say I looked better then, rather than now. I am in NO WAY suggesting that I am attractive, but I must look better now I am not wearing ridiculously tight inappropriate clothes with muffin top and saggy boobs on show. If people genuinely believe I looked better, bigger then that's fine. But really? Would you openly say that to someone who has worked their arse off to get to a size they feel confident at.

If I looked better bigger, then fine... But I am content knowing I know have a healthy BMI, I can do exercise without wanting to be sick, i can go into NORMAL high street stores and I can guarantee that I can find at least one item that will fit. And most importantly, I now dress appropriately and don't feel the need to wear ridiculously tight clothes and short dresses to try and compensate for my massive body. - don't ask... I must have though that if I wear a short, tight, ridiculous number then I will look slimmer and get more attention.

So how people can say that I look better before really baffles me. I too suffer from people trying to feed me up "one piece won't hurt" "just have a takeaway to celebrate" "do you want a coffee? Try it with sugar it tastes so much better"

And then, coming back to the post, still suffer from idiots criticizing my healthy eating and hours work out a day saying its ridiculous - yet those same people will "try" the diet and join in on my exercise when it suits - but when they give up on both, I am the idiot for doing it.

GRRRRRR can you tell iv had some negative comments today?!

The girl that does it to me has admitted that she's got no confidence, yes she's carrying a bit of extra weight but only about 2 stone if that, she doesn't look fat, just a little bit chubby, me however am 6 stone overweight. She is very competitive and likes to be the best at everything, even stupid little things, she even said when she's at the gym and someone is going faster than her she feels the need to go faster than them!! My friend (close friend in work) says that because im blonde and shes blonde she wants to be the only hot blonde in the office lol and if I lost i might be competition for her. It hurts so much that she wants me to be like this (overweight)

It kinda puts me off losing weight in a way because when I was bigger I had loads of friends and people genuinely did like me, but when I lost my weight i noticed a definate difference in how other females treated me, reminds me of the thread on this forum....whats the title again...I dont want to be the fat friend (or something)

I think we KNOW we need to lose weight and how much we need to lose and forget what everyone else says

xxxxxxxxxx

It's all down to jealousy and insecurity. People don't want to be the 'fat friend' and if you're the fat friend they want you to stay the fat friend. I would use that to fuel my motivation further tbh! x

I must be so lucky, because I don't have many friends but they all genuinely want the very best for me. That's not to say I haven't seen frenemies at work though... and they do seem surprisingly common in ​work!

I'm a teacher and it's bizarre that the frikking caretakers are the ones making comments like "your wasting away" and "id offer you a sandwich cos you look like you need one"

So mean... :(

Back