Green Days People who only do green..

Estrella

Does it really work? If I was on green if go bonkers. I'm planning green tomorrow but just can't see how this can make me lose weight.. My plan is:

Breakfast - melon
Lunch - marshalls cheesy macaroni
Dinner- spag carbonara with egg fromag frais, 30 g Parmesan (HEA) and bacon (HEB)

This is like a bazillion calories. How can it be? I don't understand. Would this slow the weight loss? Cause its all fatty and junk? I'd love to know if any of you eat stuff like this most days and have good losses? Thanks :) x

Ps I know superfrees advised etc, I will be eating a lot more fruit that day, but I'm interested to see if anyone else eats stuff like this daily?

Estrella said:
Does it really work? If I was on green if go bonkers. I'm planning green tomorrow but just can't see how this can make me lose weight.. My plan is:

Breakfast - melon
Lunch - marshalls cheesy macaroni
Dinner- spag carbonara with egg fromag frais, 30 g Parmesan (HEA) and bacon (HEB)

This is like a bazillion calories. How can it be? I don't understand. Would this slow the weight loss? Cause its all fatty and junk? I'd love to know if any of you eat stuff like this most days and have good losses? Thanks :) x

Well I wouldn't have pasta for lunch and then for dinner but there's nothing to say you can't. It's not all fatty and junk, maybe the macaroni is processed but your dinner is healthy. More needed for breakfast I think though.

You need 2 HExA's and Bs, and serve it with 1/3rd veg/salad on the plate. I try to make sure I have my super free with the meal as it cuts down the amount I eat to feel satisfied

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can have one OR two A choices on the green plan. Also the guidance about 1/3 super free doesn't apply, though it's always a good idea.

Years back before EE I would always do green days. I lost weight very well and always felt more full than I ever did on an original day, and I really ate plenty!

Interesting, my consultant was saying in group this week that SW were now saying the 1/3 super free rule was actually strong guidance, and that if you find yourself in a situation where sticking to it would be very hard or impossible then it's not the end of the world.

Thanks guys. Yeh I do enjoy fruit and veg and even off diet I eat a lot (and everything else) and I cook from scratch most nights. I just think its crazy you can eat so much pasta and lose weight!! Lol. And cheese. I mean 2 hea on a green, 30g Parmesan is LOADS!! It's great, I'm not complaining but I've had good losses on EE and I'm scared I sabotage it by doing green as I've only got 2 months before going travelling and want to lose a fair amount. Ill try this weekend and see :) mmmmmm pasta. Cheese. Yum!!!

I am vegetarian so have always done solely Green days. I lost 5 stone in just under a year, so I would say it works! As has been said, it is important to remember to just eat till you're full. My first consultant had a saying that I loved: " Free Food doesn't mean 'eat till you throw up'!"

Same here - vegetarian, so green days only for me. I've lost 3.5 stone so far so it does work! There's some amazing losses here from green only - v inspiring for me as I still have 4.5 stone to lose and I plan to do it all on green.!

Personally, I don't always manage 1/3 superfree and at the end of the day it is only a guideline so I just try my best and if I don't manage it I'm not going to beat myself up ;)

I don't always do green but I do a lot of green days and know people who only follow green. I agree I would actually eat a lot more then what you've written down in your plan and never have problems with losses on green

Estrella said:
Thanks guys. Yeh I do enjoy fruit and veg and even off diet I eat a lot (and everything else) and I cook from scratch most nights. I just think its crazy you can eat so much pasta and lose weight!! Lol. And cheese. I mean 2 hea on a green, 30g Parmesan is LOADS!! It's great, I'm not complaining but I've had good losses on EE and I'm scared I sabotage it by doing green as I've only got 2 months before going travelling and want to lose a fair amount. Ill try this weekend and see :) mmmmmm pasta. Cheese. Yum!!!

10 yrs ago I lost 3 st and did almost all green days. I usually have one hexb for breakfast (cereal) and the second for dinner , with lunch being free foods. I started in November and had lost almost two stones by Xmas. The last stone was a bit slower, and I may have lost more if we hadn't moved house and had all that stress.
Unfortunately I wasn't too good at the maintaining hence I find myself overweight again. Maybe this time eh? Green is fab !

The majority of my week is green days. I'm comfortable on them as I am not a big fan of meat, and after doing the first 4 weeks on extra easy, I found some days I was eating all vegetarian meals most days!! So I tried green and I love it cos you get more hex's :) typical menus for me is weetabix and banana for breakfast, then ill have the other half of that hexb in a rocky road hifi light and piece of fruit as a snack. Then normal lunches for me are jacket potatoes, supernoodles and veg, omelettes, mugshots and fruit, or leftovers from the night before!! Dinners are varied I like pasta, jacket potatoes, quorn shepherds pies, slimming world chips with various things :) I love veg and stirfry veg but not a massive lover of salad :)

I've lost 3st 6.5lbs on slimming world so green does work. I agree with everyone else, the key is not to think great, I can eat platefulls of pasta/rice/potatoes because they're free. Just eat sensible portions and stop when you're full and you will be fine

Yes, I have only ever done Green, and I have lost 6 stone in 14 months. I don't follow the 1/3 superfree, and I have cereal for breakfast and lunch and dinner are always carb heavy. It works for me!

Back