People who want to lose weight but can't be arsed.

Yep, leave her until she's ready. You'll know when that is, because the focus will be less on the problem and more on the solution.

Ah I see. I'm the opposite, I'm the type to starve myself when depressed, so I guess I can see it from another point.

So I should just leave her?

Yup!

Let me put it another way, looking at your ticker at your heaviest your BMI was 35.5. Why didn't you do something about your weight before it reached that stage, how long were you overweight for and would there have been anything anyone could of said to you that would have made you suddenly go on a diet? I don't know your weight/dieting history but maybe turning the situation round may provide some insight.

x

Ah I see. I'm the opposite, I'm the type to starve myself when depressed, so I guess I can see it from another point.

So I should just leave her?

Or you could just ask her what help she wants - if any

YES!! You may find the more you push her the more she'll resist. When shes ready she'll do it... just let her find her own time to start
I see, well thanks for telling me starlight and I'm sorry for being harsh, it's the worst thing about me I guess.

It's just upsetting. I always want to help people, but I guess I help in the wrong way hehe

Thanks I guess. I dunno if that was sarcastic but thanks anyway ^_^

Whether it is intended or not, every time I read a comment like this I feel like a dig at me personally. I know that it was not but it is a very sensitive subject and it just hits a nerve. :cry:

I do understand your frustration at your friend but it's never that black and white.

Have a fabulous new year and good luck with your weight loss

xx

Yup!

Let me put it another way, looking at your ticker at your heaviest your BMI was 35.5. Why didn't you do something about your weight before it reached that stage, how long were you overweight for and would there have been anything anyone could of said to you that would have made you suddenly go on a diet? I don't know your weight/dieting history but maybe turning the situation round may provide some insight.

x
Yeah, I never understood what BMI was to be honest LOL. I started knowing about BMI about around the time I started LT.

I've been overweight all my life and realised that I wanted a change when I was 9 years old, that's when I started to make myself sick. It was up and down down for me. My family never mentioned my weight to me because they thought I never could shift the weight since I weighed 13lbs when I was born. From what I heard, I was a huge baby, doctors said that I would never be able to walk. So they thought I will be naturally fat, I think that's a loud of poo, so I started to change a little. But when it came to secondary school, the whole no eating thing started and I blew up then lost weight. I never understood why it was like that. I thought if I didn't eat my body would start 'eating itself' if you get what I mean.

Last edited:
Whether it is intended or not, every time I read a comment like this I feel like a dig at me personally. I know that it was not but it is a very sensitive subject and it just hits a nerve. :cry:

I do understand your frustration at your friend but it's never that black and white.

Have a fabulous new year and good luck with your weight loss

xx
Thank you, happy new year to you too. I am very sorry, yes it's a sensitive subject, I should be more sensitive. Funny, I'm starting to turn into my mum...argh.

I wish you and everyone on this site luck with their weightloss. Again, MMMMMAAAAAAAAASSIVE apologies :(

Yep, leave her until she's ready. You'll know when that is, because the focus will be less on the problem and more on the solution.
Oh, alright then. I just hope she does, she's a stubborn one.

It is definately the lightbulb moment that is important.

For years my mam kept referring to my weight but I did nothing about it, didn't talk about it either even when each time I bought something it was a bigger size.

Then one day my head was in the right place and so I started to lose weight. I didn't want or need help from others I just had to want it enough for myself

Irene xx

Are you sure she wants help? Are you sure she wants that more than someone as a sounding board when she wants to have a rant?

In what way does it get worse?

totally agree Georgie :D
Well, she's a picky. She picks at food, eats really late. Does all these things. She doesn't control what she puts in her mouth.

She doesn't control what she puts in her mouth.

Been there, done that, got several T-shirts - hence having had a weight problem for 15 years lol

It is definately the lightbulb moment that is important.

For years my mam kept referring to my weight but I did nothing about it, didn't talk about it either even when each time I bought something it was a bigger size.

Then one day my head was in the right place and so I started to lose weight. I didn't want or need help from others I just had to want it enough for myself

Irene xx
Ah. Good for you love. I've never really had anyone on my case about weight since both my sisterd are worse then me, so I was ignored when it came to that subject. So I guess I don't truly have an understanding.

Oh and well done on your weightloss, that's a hell of a lot of weight gone.

there are so many people (usually those without a weight problem) who are members of the 'ITS EASY,EAT LESS,MOVE MORE' brigade that we dont need our 'friends' chirping on about or weight aswell. i understand that you are well-meaning in your concern and offers of help for your friend...just as my own father was when he bullied me into doing sit ups whilst i was crying at the age of 13 then tried to reward me with half a milky-way...it wont work. wait until she asks for your help. good luck with your own weight loss journey though. happy new year x

there are so many people (usually those without a weight problem) who are members of the 'ITS EASY,EAT LESS,MOVE MORE' brigade that we dont need our 'friends' chirping on about or weight aswell. i understand that you are well-meaning in your concern and offers of help for your friend...just as my own father was when he bullied me into doing sit ups whilst i was crying at the age of 13 then tried to reward me with half a milky-way...it wont work. wait until she asks for your help. good luck with your own weight loss journey though. happy new year x
Okie dokes, will do. I just love helping people is all.

Me too! Does it scare you as much as it scares me??!!! :8855:
xx
Yes!! I get my harsh ways from her!

I have a harsh out look on life in general anyway, but I'm slowly trying to be a little more cheerful about it.

...no one can help you lose weight except yourself.

so so true Georgie......until that something clicks in your head, then nothing anyone says or does (IMO) makes any difference whatsoever.......

Debz x

....eats really late..

hey - sorry to rain on your prarade BUT it really doesn't matter what time the calories are consumed - it's the TOTAL DAILY calories that count - FACT :)

Debz x

Back