People who want to lose weight but can't be arsed.

Love the brick wall post KD.

I definitely agree that we all need our own lightbulb moment. I doubt that many people would say to an alcoholic "just stop drinking", or to an anorexic "have a meal, you're not fat" and genuinely expect them to respond with an "oh yeah, you're right, I never thought of that" and end their destructive behaviour just like that. So why do people think the same approach will work with those who are overweight?

You may already have guessed from my sig that that attitude bugs me just a little :)

Love the brick wall post KD.

I definitely agree that we all need our own lightbulb moment. I doubt that many people would say to an alcoholic "just stop drinking", or to an anorexic "have a meal, you're not fat" and genuinely expect them to respond with an "oh yeah, you're right, I never thought of that" and end their destructive behaviour just like that. So why do people think the same approach will work with those who are overweight?

You may already have guessed from my sig that that attitude bugs me just a little :)

exactly! unfortunately there is so much 'simple' advice out there for complex issues - gah! lol

Best thing you can do to encourage your sister....lead by example....don't ram it down her throat, don't badger her, just get on with your own weightloss journey and she may well be inspired by you.

If someone went the 'tough love' route with me........I am afraid they would be out of my life.

To be honest I think this is a little out of order - if only it were that simple none of us would have or ever have had a weight problem.

What she says. !

Back