People's reaction to me losing weight

I've had LOTS of people mention my weight loss this week... I'm over the moon!! :)

Some people eh!? What gives them the right to be soooo rude?

As for me, I have lost over 11 stones now (although recently have fallen off the ss wagon more times than I care to mention) I still have about 9st left to go but ffs I HAVE lost 11 and my sister (who I hadn't seen since last christmas) came over a couple of weeks ago and didn't mention a bloody thing about my weightloss! I was annoyed to be honest because usually she can't wait to have a go about my weight GRRRRR

I suppose some people just prefer to be negative and don't like people like me (who has battled with weight gain all of my life) to change :mad: The last time I was slim was when I was 19 and as I remember she was a miserable cow about it then too :p I suppose we will just have to get used to the idea that we wont please everyone all of the time and so probably should just try to please ourselves!!

xx

oh sisters:), mine were so embarrased they wouldn't walk with me in the street- yes it hurt but to be honest I just smile and thank god I have nice friends... Anyway I had to get a top today and I tried one on a size 16 and it didn't go near me I said to the lady in the changing room is it suppost to meet??? She said i'm sorry to tell you but you'll not like this but you have to go into a bigger size really loudly!!!! I looked around and I said in my loudest voice "oh that doesn't matter i've lost 5 stone and I can affors a dress size"!!!!! Me I said it :) that will teach her to try and make me ashamed of my size:)

I started my VLCD journey on the 15th July and I have lost just over 4 stone. I has probably been the past 2 stone that people have started to comment. I get stopped at work on a daily basis by people who see me and sometimes get nice emails from people who have seen me but have not plucked up the courage to stop me.

All comments have been good but what is bugging me is my sister in law. She was the one I confided in before the journey and she has not once said how well I am doing or how good I look. It is probably the first time in 10 years that my weight could be comparable with hers. I have put it down to a bit of the green eyed monster but it still miffs me that it was her that I wrongly chose to confide in!!

Back