pepporani

amethyst

Banned
my friend who does cd just told me she been eating 2 peporanni's every day.. and she said there are 0 carbs and only 0.2 sodium per sausage....

she said she still in ketosis and her losses are great!!:confused:

she said without them she would cheat big time!!

what are your thoughts?

Last edited:
how sad we are haha

Oh my God, am about to chew my own arm off I's sooooooo hungry and on day 8 of a re-start!!! If its true, I'm off to the shops NOW!!!!

My advice as a CDC has to be a 'no' I'm afraid. Whilst they MAY not have any carbs and therefore might not knock you out of ketosis, my guess is that they're fairly high in fat and, of course, they will contain calories too.

The only real way to succeed on CD is to stick to whichever plan you're on - whether sole source/sole source plus or one of the higher calorie ones combining packs and conventional food - plus LOADS of water.

Sorry guys :)

Suppose we all knew really :(
Water for me then!

Prob not a good idea to be nibblng on stuff like that, if you need to eat every day then do the next step up(810).
Pepperami's (SP)are not exactly healthy and have alot of fat in them, which obviously have calories.
VLCD are designed to be low in cals and carbs so your body burns its own fat, start messing with that and you could stop loosing as you go in to starvation mode rather than loosing on a VLCD.

If you feel you have to snack...not the idea really,... but I know somethimes its a must, have plain chicken, white fish or cottage cheese. or a very tasty celery stick!!
Hope this helps

its like a semi atkins semi cd diet then!

if your friend is still in ketosis and not tempted to eat other things why not????

i used to eat loads of them whilst on atkins, i loved the mini sized ones oh and babybels... always had one of each in my handbag, classy huh? lol

the prob is for some people it would lead to nibbling everything and then you might come out of ketosis if you nibble on carby foods.

as long as you stay in ketosis you will be burning fat, calories are not really the issue here. thats why she has good losses still.

good for her!

Definitely no they are full of fat and calories, and calories do make a difference here.

You will be adding extra salt, flavourings, fat, calories.

If you want the best results stick to what is allowed. The listed foods are there for a reason.

I found a wrapper in my front garden a few years ago - believe me, I wouldn't eat one! - and kept it in my file. The nutrition info is as follows:

Pork (108%), Pork Fat, Salt, Spices, Glucose, Flavour Enhancers (E621, E635), Garlic Powder, Preservative (E250).

Per 100g Per 25g stick
Calories 536 kcal 132
Protein 22g 5.5g
Carbs 1.7g 0.4g
Fat 49g 12g
Fibre 0.1g trace
Sodium 1.7g 0.4g
equivalent in salt 4.42g 1.04g

Why would anyone want to put that in their body any time, let alone on CD?

I found a wrapper in my front garden a few years ago - believe me, I wouldn't eat one! - and kept it in my file. The nutrition info is as follows:

Pork (108%), Pork Fat, Salt, Spices, Glucose, Flavour Enhancers (E621, E635), Garlic Powder, Preservative (E250).

Per 100g Per 25g stick
Calories 536 kcal 132
Protein 22g 5.5g
Carbs 1.7g 0.4g
Fat 49g 12g
Fibre 0.1g trace
Sodium 1.7g 0.4g
equivalent in salt 4.42g 1.04g

Why would anyone want to put that in their body any time, let alone on CD?

Yuk!! not me :eek:

Back