Pepsi Max....Advice?!!

x Nee x

Gold Member
Hellooo,

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on drinking Pepsi Max, works out about 3 calories per 600ml bottle.

I drink it all the time and then have water mixed with squash aswell but so many people say not too

Whats your opinions?

:)

I like the taste of Pepsi Max, but it is full of chemicals, so I'm wary. Although it has no sugar, it's pretty acidic, and bad for your teeth. I've also read that diet soft drink consumption is linked to craving carbohydrates- apparently your brain gets tricked into craving. Jillian Micheals- Biggest Loser- reckons that consumption of diet drinks is quite strongly linked to obesity. I think she says the risk of obesity increases 5% per drink per day- to do with craving carbs. I've also read that there is a link between teenage females having diet soft drinks and suffering broken bones- I can't remember the details, but the link is strong for females, but not for males. Best in moderation I reckon.

You would never think that could be the case would you, very interesting info minusfour :)

Yeh it is, as I love drinking it, not sure if I would stop though hee hee

I am a big pepsi max fan and lost nearly 11 stone a few years ago and drank it all the way through my weight loss. Didn't find it made a difference to my losses.

Having put a great deal of the weight back on, I'm back trying to lose again and still drinking pepsi max :)

I am a big pepsi max fan and lost nearly 11 stone a few years ago and drank it all the way through my weight loss. Didn't find it made a difference to my losses.

Having put a great deal of the weight back on, I'm back trying to lose again and still drinking pepsi max :)

Wow to losing the 11stone, and sorry your having to fight it all off again :(

But good news on you drinking pepsi max :) I love it and dont want to stop drinking it but wasnt sure how it could be affecting weight loss, although going to consider what minusfour said about it spurring hunger for carbs as I am a big carb eater

xx

Wow to losing the 11stone, and sorry your having to fight it all off again :(

Could kick myself - however it is much easier to put it on than lose :(

I'm a big carb fan too (and chocolate :D)

Could kick myself - however it is much easier to put it on than lose :(

I'm a big carb fan too (and chocolate :D)

Ahhh I could Imagine, good thing is you did it before and can definately do it again :)

How did you do it the first time? you doing the same again?

xx

Ps thanks for the rep :) I dont know how to give rep yet been on here for AGES hee hee :)

Lost the weight last time counting calories and exercising - felt 'in the zone' from day 1 though and stuck to it. The club I went to at the time shut down not long after I reached goal :(

At a different club counting calories now, but my head is in a different place and the loss has more erractic - just need to get back in the zone or admit this journey is going to be a lot slower :confused:

You'll get back into the zone, just takes time sometimes...as I know hee hee

I love pepsi max, don't worry too much about the whole teeth thing, as long as you're not drinking 6-7 cans a day it's not worth the worry.

Although it will dehydrate you which can make you confuse thirst with hunger, so it's best to limit to a couple of cans a day, I drink 2, one with dinner and robinsons sugar free squash the rest of the time.

Also lots of acidic drinks can encourage things like cystitis and kidney infections (as I found to my cost!) but again, in moderation there's nothing to worry about x

I love Pepsi Max and have given up a lot of products so try not to worry too much even though a GP was mithering me about it!
I drink lots of water and if losing weight helps me long term health then why not keep one or two vice for the time being?!

Definately, why ruin one treat and hardly any calories too :) ignoring the other effects of course :0

Doesnt affect weight loss at all i drink atleast 2l a day

Doesnt affect weight loss at all i drink atleast 2l a day

Yeh I reckon Im the same on amounts there is always a 2ltr bottle in my fridge too :)

Well done on your weight loss too StevieW :)

It's really not very good for your teeth- because it's acidic, it can be erosive. (Better than sugared soft drinks, but diet soft drinks do damage teeth. I am a dentist, this isn't speculation, but established fact) I'm interested about the GP blithering on about it-my GP doesn't like any artificial sweetners, he encourages giving these a miss totally!

It's really not very good for your teeth- because it's acidic, it can be erosive. (Better than sugared soft drinks, but diet soft drinks do damage teeth. I am a dentist, this isn't speculation, but established fact) I'm interested about the GP blithering on about it-my GP doesn't like any artificial sweetners, he encourages giving these a miss totally!

I believe your information, and yes its best to probably cut it out, but would drinking squash have some of the same effects or am I being dumb? :)

Is squash lemon flavoured? If so, yeah, it would have the same effects. If you do keeping drinking lots of Pepsi Max, drinking it with a straw helps minimise contact with teeth. And rinsing with water afterwards. It's more the chemicals that worry me- have you read any of Jillian Micheals books? (She believes that we muck up our metabolisms with chemicals- both in things like Pepsi Max, and protien bars etc, and in unclean foods-non organic foods.)

I have been trying to reduce my Pepsi max.... now having approx 600ml a day instead of 2ltrs, not noticing a difference on weight tho.

I did read the other day that you should avoid all low calorie fizzy drinks and sweets/foods etc as overtime it deposits fat in different places but bad bad fat?? not sure how true it is but was in a health section in a mag

hope your all ok

x

Back