Perform your own adversion therapy!

Discussion in 'Very Low Calorie Diets' started by happygal, 23 October 2006 Social URL.

1. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Ok So you may think that this is a load of crap but its stuff I have learned on my psychology course and its supposed to work. It comes from Behaviourist psychology.

Basically its this. If you watch something like liposuction on TV and then think of the yellow gooey horrible yucky fat every time you look danger foods then you can train yourself not to like them and it will eventually become a habit not to want them!! This means that (although on a VLCD food is taken out of the equation) when we start eating normally we will still associate our previous downfalls or danger foods, with the horrible fat that it will produce.

Use this time off food to put you off the foods that made you fat in the first place. Even speak to the food when its calling you eg "you slimmy piece of wobbly fat disguised as something nice".

Its working for me so far and I thought I would share it.

*WARNING* Do not do this for all food because you could end up in the first stages of Anorexia Nervosa when you are supposed to be switching to conventional food again.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

I usually have a look at this picture which really puts me off! lol

[​IMG]

That's 5lbs of fat - eeeuuuuwwwwwww!!!!

4. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
  5. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

What the heck is that, Beverley? Pizza??? lol

6. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Only pizza my OH is going to get!!!

No sorry should have titled it - came from a heart website showing fat around the heart and what it can do to you.

7. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OMG

BLEURGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm never eating pizza again!

8. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    That a girl!! It surprisingly does work quite well this whole adversion therapy thing. Even if it is a bit over the top!!

9. Princess

Princess 2nd Time Lucky!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Those pics really have put me right off! :eek:
    Anyone got any more ? lol

10. dizzy-n-mizzy

dizzy-n-mizzy Not dieting ATM!

Diet:
    Together we lost 8 stone on CD.
    Hi all

When tempted with foods you can also try visualising them smeared with dog poo instead of ketchup or chocolate.

Dizzy x

11. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Or you can form a link between your least favourite food and your most favourite fatty food by convincing yourself they taste the same and chatting about the food you like as if it makes you vomit!!

12. wannabeminime

wannabeminime Gold Member

To stop ordering and eating takeaways, image the cook at the takeaway spitting, or worse, in your food. And preparing your food with filthy, mucky hands, or that they dont wash their hands after going to the loo. Works for me!

13. kati

kati Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
  14. Princess

Princess 2nd Time Lucky!

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Jeez Im practically carring a house! :eek:

Scary stuff!

15. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

OOh that is scary!!!

16. happygal

happygal Banned

Diet:
    CD
    That is amazing. Just think that on CD you would be losing over half of that blob of fat per week!! or over half the weight of a brick!! Fat looks disgusting too!!

17. FatFairNForty(ish)

FatFairNForty(ish) Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge - Sole Source
    Oh yuck... I feel sick now.... I thought that was pizza too!!!!! GROSS! Aversion therapy indeed! Ewwww....

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.