Perhaps its all the water and no alcohol???

Chelsea Lou

Gold Member
I had a massive compliment paid to me today which made me howl with laughter.

Myself and my son-in-law's mother were invited to attend my daughter's 20 week scan this afternoon. They are expecting twins!! Anyway, Laura & Russ were in the scanning room and us two grannies were in the waiting area, waiting to be called in. This Healthcare assistant asked me my name and said "Oh you are here for your 20 week scan are you" I thought she was commenting on my stomach being still rather large but she actually said that she thought I was a young mother to be waiting for her scan lol. I am 54 in June whaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!! Much laughter all around.

Maybe it is the copious amounts of water and my body not being full up with junk food, plus not having smoked for 13 weeks is making me look a lot more youthful???? People are commenting on my skin looking glowing and the dark circles under my eyes have faded, so I am even more so loving this diet.

By the way the twins are both growing well and look really healthy and was truly magical seeing them both.:superwoman:

Oh what a brilliant compliment! And she was a stranger too so not just being nice :) Excellent news about the twins as well! x

Oh what a brilliant compliment! And she was a stranger too so not just being nice :) Excellent news about the twins as well! x
Thanks hon. Beverley, Russ' mum was none too pleased as she is the same as me and the woman thought she was my mother!!!! Perhaps she needed to go to specsavers lol. Have you or anyone else noticed a difference in your skin, eyes etc?

Wow what a compliement! Bet you were really chuffed.

I would of loved twins! The scans are amazing arent they? You should see the 3D scans! I had 1 for my baby who is almost 11 months old now and it was amazing, took my breath away to see all her features.

Hi thats great that all is going well :) It really is amazing seeing two babies at the same time and strange too. Well done with the smoking. How did you do a diet and stop smoking...you must have lots of will power! Getting compliments feels so good and I hope they long continue for you x

Wow what a compliement! Bet you were really chuffed.

I would of loved twins! The scans are amazing arent they? You should see the 3D scans! I had 1 for my baby who is almost 11 months old now and it was amazing, took my breath away to see all her features.
The scan was brilliant, they had so many photos given to them as well, much more than for a single pregnancy. One of the twins' hands was so clear you could see the lines on the palm!!! xx

Hi thats great that all is going well :) It really is amazing seeing two babies at the same time and strange too. Well done with the smoking. How did you do a diet and stop smoking...you must have lots of will power! Getting compliments feels so good and I hope they long continue for you x
Hiya hon, yes I am amazed that I have been off the cigs now for 13.5 weeks and 100% CD for almost two weeks!!! I have absolutely no vices now, as we cant have alcohol on CD. My halo is shining brightly pmsl!! It was fantastic getting such a compliment but because Beverley is the same age as me I also felt a bit embarassed and sorry for her. Maybe one day I will turn a head or two again instead of stomachs hahahaha.

Maybe one day I will turn a head or two again instead of stomachs hahahaha.
LoL Get outta here Ive seen your pics :)
The scan was brilliant, they had so many photos given to them as well, much more than for a single pregnancy. One of the twins' hands was so clear you could see the lines on the palm!!! xx
Wow how clear! I had loads too at 20 weeks, then as time goes on she will get less and less because you can not see much with Two in there as Its hard to tell what belongs to whom:) On one scan one baby had his face in the other babys bum....nice:giggle:

LoL Get outta here Ive seen your pics :)

Wow how clear! I had loads too at 20 weeks, then as time goes on she will get less and less because you can not see much with Two in there as Its hard to tell what belongs to whom:) On one scan one baby had his face in the other babys bum....nice:giggle:
Hahaha, what a cute pic that must have been of the babies! The woman doing the scan said that would be aware of each other and touching through the membranes. It must be weird for them when they are born and cant feel each other?

How are you finding the weekend so far? I have the odd moment but then remind myself that I have second WI on Monday and I so want to get getting to that stone off mark

Back