Perhaps this is a great idea. =)

I LOST 5 LBS BETWEEN THURSDAY MORNING AND THIS (SATURDAY) AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert crazy rampant smilies here; I haven't learned them all yet).

Congratulations and well done on your 5lb off this week!:happy096:

Plenty of motivation now to keep you going this week:bliss::whacky068::party0011:

Love Mini xxx

hi GTpeach

I'm just starting on the cambridge too. I am in the UK and I am loving(well, maybe that's a little strong, liking) the chocolate and mint sachets. And if you add a spoonfull of coffee granuals to the vanilla it doesnt taste too bad!

7lbs is 7lbs but I know what you're saying about your mum. Some people can't see past there own achievements to achknowledge someone else's. You need to learn to be pleased for you. It's your weight lose journey and she is doing her own. Your journey will be different from her's just like it is different from mine and every other person on this site.

we will all be pleased for you, and our encouragement may help you to encourage yourself? I hope so.

good luck

jakki

hi peach

just read your last post.......................well done hun just the motivation it seems you needed!!!!

jakki

Thanks guys. I'm still elated! Only 3 days and already 5lbs gone! I feel so amazing - seriously! :D :D

My biggest worry now is that these shakes nauseate me. It's still a struggle to drink them all and I failed today. I didn't get the full 3 in for my day. Luckily, I have a knowledgeable best friend who talke dme through it and helped a lot.

Another major sad for me today was, when I told another of my good friend,s he said, "Oh 5 lbs. is just a normal daily fluctuation, you know." and made me feel.... well, the happy rug was yanked from under my feet. It was awful. But then I stepped back on the scale tonight, just after having chugged about 20 oz. of these shakes plus another 20 of water. And the marker was exactly the same. That means there's no fluctuation. I really did it! Just what I need to keep me going.

My family cooked one of my favorite meals today - chicken Parmesan. Left the pans in the kitchen, too. :-\ I realized, though, this feeling of not being hungry is still there. It smelled delicious to me, but I wasn't hungry so it was very very easy to resist and not agonize over. In the grocery store, too, going to buy my water. I was not hungry and so the food did not bother me at all. Moreover.... I've had an unidentifiable pang in my stomach. Not hunger, not nausea, and not a shooting pain. I identified to tonight - it is fulfillment. I am more than just not hungry - I feel Full!! Good of it is obvious, bad of it is that the shakes become that much harder to choke down without getting sick. Can't wait for the soups - it's the smell and consistency that make the shakes so vile to me.

Down 2 more between yesterday afternoon and this morning!!!

Holy peppermint batman!! Les than 1 tsp of it in the shake and all I can taste is throat numbing peppermint! Not the most appetizing, but I'm not throwing up anymore!!

My mouth tastes like freezer burn. Yakk! Today's been harder than usual. I am not hungry, but I want food. Like, I miss substance. I miss biting into something hot and juicy. You know? However, each time the thought arises, it passes just as swiftly because I'm able to say, "It's not worth it. It's double not worth it because you're not even hungry."

i know what you mean..is's not an actual hunger is it? I would love to go to one of those places like 'the biggest loser' where every1 is doing the same thing together so that there are no temptations!! People just don't seem to realise, i don't think it's malicious just not thinking because they don't have to?

My friend did the lighter life diet last year and she said you get used to it and it becomes a way of life and the feeling goes....can't wait ha ha!!

Oh no. I've never wanted to go to Biggest Loser. That show is so terribly degrading and demoralizing. It makes huge losses seem like nothing. It tries to humiliate you and break you down rather than a supportive community that builds each other up together.

There's one for teens called Student Body. It's more like what I'd be willing to do. They're not competing - everyone is working together. They support each other, and highlight the good things you have done more than the bad, and when you do mess up they don't scream and break you - they just warn you. They get a report card to let them know their progress. Also, they do fun, challenging things - like a ropes course - things that help you in all areas. Not just in losing weight - but also in gaining self confidence. I love the idea. Too bad it is teens-only. :(

Haha Absolutely1 Where's yours now?

maybe there is an opening there for someone to start something special to help people out?

I would certainly think about going, my children are older so they dont need me around for as much, even if you could go for a week or two to get you in the swing of it! Not like a health farm or anything like that but a supported place for no eating lol!!

I think it would go over better in the UK than here. Here, it's either a "fat farm" or people approve of dieting and exercise but definitely do not approve of the no-food diets. Darned yanks are too in love with food to ever consider that we aren't insane for trading it to lose.

heh quit the talk about oreos and m and m's....i love them!!! really would love to come to states just to eat!!! i love reeses nutrageous , we get the over here now as one of our major supermarkets belongs to wall mart. i keep trying to persuade jason to go to america..id ideally like to do 4 days in ny, 3 days in vegas and a week on a beach somewhere....think we are gonna wait a few years thou and take phoebe to florida....

Ooh she will love Florida!

I got on the scale - this morning showed down 10 lbs since start. Yay!

This afternoon?!?! UP 5!!!!! RAWR!!!! And after using the facilities and taking off my skirt still up 3!!!

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?! THIS IS AWFUL!! ::cries::

Okay - I listened to my best friend and all of you lovely people yesterday and didn't stress. This morning was back to a 10 lb. weight loss and will NOT get back on scale again until tomorrow morning - to see what total week 1 weight loss will be!!

Have just over a day's worth of french vanilla left and just got enough money to buy more today. Ordered the chicken and tomato soups. Was hoping for the veggie i keep hearing about but the USA doesn't seem to have it. :(

Turns out, the next-day shipping won't get here until Tuesday even if I order tonight. They will process tomorrow (Thus) morning and the 60USD gets it here Tuesday. That doesn't sound like Next Day to me. Thank goodness I forgot my login info because the CD people called me right away and explained the shipping to me. Ordering 10USD standard will get it here only 1 single day after the 60 USD "next day" will. Saved me 50 bucks!

In the mean time, I looked up the local distributor - absolutely DESPERATE not to have to resort to cappuccino for 2 days, as I can't get it down. She talked. A LOT! Seemed impressed that I've been doing this "on my own" so I pointed her towards this site. Maybe she will send the rest of us here too. She pushed chocolate repeatedly, and also pushed the dessert, but after hearing all this I knew better. Also, basic marketing dictates that, when someone approaches a sales person and they know they're getting some kind of a sale but they STILL push a certain flavor, it is because they can't move that flavor. IE: It won't taste good. She's also tried pushing the thicker shake son me. She seemed unhappy when I stuck with my safe french vanilla - I've just ordered soups I might not like; I will need food to fall back on in case they taste terrible. I may not love this, but I know how to make it edible now. She will be bringing me french vanilla and a free sample of thick vanilla and chocolate tomorrow. Not complaining because it means I get almost a day free. Supposing they taste okay.

I still miss the feeling of resistance when I eat. The way it feels to bite into a chicken breast or burger. This, I always took for granted, I knew it tasted good, but I never gave a second thought to the feel. I'm about to start chewing on plastic straws just to give my teeth some work!! Insanity!

And I think my brain is going crazy. Today, I smelled okra (a vegetable most people dislike) being microwaved with a bit of pepper and some butter spray. It had the same scent to my nose as a plate full of piping hot nachos with cheese and a little bit of jalapeno would have. That is messed up. Good news is, it doesn't make me hungry. I miss food, but it could be far, far worse.

WEEK ONE ACCOMPLISHMENTS:
> Lost 13 lbs!!
> Learned to eat all 3 shakes in a day.
> Learned to make an edible shake without too much dilution.
> Learned a safe shake flavor in case I hate the others.
> Learned a flavor never to buy again.
> Resisted the temptation of my favorite foods and smells in front of me....
> Even when no one was looking!
> Drank enough water, and increased water amount daily.
> Clothing fits looser on my body.
> Did not cheat even one single time!
> Am beginning to see muscle outlines in places formerly just fat.

Last edited:
Official Week 1 Weigh In: Down 13 lbs!!! Almost a stone!!

Back