Perhaps this is a great idea. =)

GTPeach

The Nerdy Singer
I've been dealing with this for a while now. I used to be quite slender, but I was a dancer, so it wasn't good enough. I stopped eating for a time (specifically, until the combination of no food and an overactive life with multiple daily workouts caused me to collapse) and got even thinner. It worked, until I needed to eat again.

Then, I dealt with binging and purging. I would eat to deal with stress and an assortment of other emotions. It was a hideout from the life I had. Needless to say, I gained a ton of weight, and ruined my metabolism in the process.

I've tried a lot of different diets and exercise routines since, but nothing seems to work for very long. I will spend months being super careful and only lose 2 or 3 pounds. It frustrates me, so I stop bothering.

Perhaps keeping this up will help me to remind myself of all my accomplishments, and the other benefits. And if any of you have any suggestions for having been in similar situations, I would love to hear them. =)

Hi GTPeach,

Have you ever tried Weight Watchers?

Starlight is doing this diet and she has lost 161lb over the last year.

Here is a link to the forum she is in here

http://www.minimins.com/weight-watc...-realised-im-now-eleven-half-stones-down.html

On a diet like weight watchers you can still enjoy your food without feeling deprived and if you like to exercise as well it all helps with the weight loss.

Or you could look at doing a food replacement diet...it is very strict but you do achieve fast results which is motivating.

Or if you did not want to remove food altogether there is always Slimfast which is half and half.

I think if you look around the boards at all the different diets and see if you can find any that would be suitable for you.

Most of us have tried a good few before finding one that suits us and that we can stick with it.

Here is a link to help you make your way around
http://www.minimins.com/introductions/46674-minis-guided-tour-minimins.html

If you need any help please ask.

Love Mini xxx

So I'm going to say what I want. Some are selfish, some are vain, some are not. It's what I want, take it at face value.

I want to be beautiful. I want people to look at me again like they used to. Not with that oh she used to be... look. I want them to see me and think of me as beautiful.

I want to be as healthy as I used to be. I could run a 5K in about 21 minutes. I want that again.

I don't want to be afraid to walk on the beach without a towel wrapped around me. I don't want to be afraid that a partner I may have will think I'm ugly when he sees all of me. I don't want to be afraid of anything because of my appearance.

I want a job performing. I'm tired of hearing people say that they think I have all the talent in the world, but I don't fit the right image. Lose x pounds and come back.

I want power over my body. I don't want to keep using food for comfort. I want the confidence in myself to say that it doesn't matter what so and so thinks about me, or such and such said to me. The more I use it as a crutch, the worse it will get.

These things I will log here to remind me any time I think about stopping exactly what I want, and that I will never get them if I don't try. The worst that can happen with a diet is that I remain the same as I am now, so it is worth the shot of losing.

You have a good list of goals you want to achieve and I am sure you will.

You just have to believe in yourself!

Instead of looking at your weight loss as one big mountain to climb.

Break it down into mini achievable goals that will give you satisfaction as you tick each one off and reward yourself with non food treats.

Do yourself a mood board and put it where you can see it.

Cut out from your favourite magazines...pictures of clothes, shoes, hair styles, role models you admire and anything that takes your fancy!

This helps to focus your mind and visualize yourself wearing these clothes and having the figure you want etc.

Take some before photos now and body measurements.

From the neck down to the ankles not forgetting upper arms and this way you can see both the weight and the inches comes off...

Keep a weight loss diary to help keep you on track.

Post plenty and ask for help when you need it and share your advice and experience of how you are getting on.

Get yourself a weight tracker:)

Here is a link that will help you put one up.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you for all the help, Mini!

I have tried Weight Watchers. My mother lost a lot of weight on the diet. Sadly, it isn't for me. I find it easier in my own life to completely abstain from a food than to allow myself some of it. Hopefully, this will change in the future.

It's hard for me because I am still at university and also working, so I have to eat out for almost all of my meals. I think my goal for this week will be some sort of adjustment on this, but do you have any suggestions for the best way to handle it when I simply do not have access to a kitchen for most meals? I already stay away from soda and fried foods.

Ordered Cambridge. We'll give it a go.

Thanks! I hope it works! =)

For today's productivity, I bought yet another book. It says it can give me flat stomach in 6 weeks. I flipped through it, and it is called ASAP - Awareness, Science, Application, Persevere. It looks like one of the hardest exercise things I'll ever attempt. It's got a method that takes 15 seconds per crunch within reps, adding resistance. I've tried the normal style though - I can do over 1000 crunches in a row, no results, so perhaps this is the key. In any case, it is worth a shot.

The book also talks about chemicals and how the body releases then, what each one does. It mentions a chemical called noradrenalyne. This is apparently released in cold temperatures and aids in rapid fat burning. I'm freezing cold right now, and I miss my warm tea before bed - Ice Cold water is just not soothing for sleep - I will likely miss my hot shower in the morning too, but I just have to keep thinking cold is thin, cold is thin, cold is thin.

Has anybody heard of an Ellington Darden before? Or this noradrenalyne gland? I don't want to keep freezing myself and superhydrating myself (he says more than 1 gallon a day, ice cold only not cool, and I usually only average about 2 litres a day...) if it's bad for my body.

Hi GTPeach,

I've never heard of this ASAP before. it sounds really intense. Can you tell more about it? Please PM me a link or two. Thanks so much.

A Flat Stomach ASAP The Look You Wan | Ellington Darden on eBay, also, Non-Fiction Books, Books, Comics Magazines (end time 05-Aug-08 10:46:00 BST)

Dr. Darden's H.I.T.

He maximizes workouts while simultaneously triggering responses in your body that trigger rapid fat-burning processes. Noradrenalyne - the one that kicks in to warm your body in order to prevent hypothermia. Superhydration works, he says, because the colder the water is, the more calorites it will take to heat the water back to 98.5F, or the body's natural temperature.

A bit of warning though; I've only recently stumbled upon that book. I'm still reading it myself, and so I can't guarantee any results or safety or validity.

This evening, my Cambridge arrived. I will begin in the morning. Less enthusiastically. My mother read over all the material, then grabbed her cheaper, knockoff brand of Protein Shake as well as her Slim Fast shakes, neither of which she has had in a very long time. She decided to "join me in my quest" with her own materials, to "see which of us loses more." Sorry, mom.... when my issue is that I lose my motivation if osmething doesn't come off quickly (or at all), then it strikes me if you want to be supportive of me, you should encourage me, not try to lose more than me at a quicker rate than me. I can't win either way that way. Because then you put me in a position where, if I lose 7 lbs., it's not an accomplishment because you've lost 10. :( I'm going to need some real motivation at the end of this week if she ends up beating me. Someone to remind me that losing 7 lbs. - even if she loses 10 - is still losing 7 lbs. !

Well, meal 1 day 1 on the Cambridge diet! It doesn't taste too terrible either! I got the French vanilla and I warmed it. This is ok, right? You can warm them? That's what the package said. I'm ready! :D

Okay, so after consulting I figured out I likely should not warm them. Now, they do not taste go good. On the funny lighter side of things, I figured out why people are able to drink gallons of water on this! The shakes taste so bad, you need several ounces to chase down each sip of the drink!! A...ha..ha... What stuns me is that I haven't yet gotten hungry. I was actually hoping that I'd be starving, so I could down the shake easier, but I had to force myself to finish them - not just because of the taste but because I simply wasn't hungry. This is day 2, and still no signs of hunger. I hear ketosis kicks in to relieve hunger day 3. Crossing fingers that my hair thins a little, rather than comes out and I lose it totally. That would really suck. Also, I'm still getting pervasive headaches. Is it okay to take something? Like a Tylenol or an Aleve?

Awww, and I always thought that the US Cambridge would be yummy. You may find that they get better as your taste buds adjust.

Yes, Tylenol should be okay, and as for the hair, if you are unlucky enough to get that side effect, it won't come out in clumps...just thin out a bit.

If it does come out in clumps it's highly unlikely to be the diet that's the problem.

What flavours do you get on the US Cambridge diet?

Awww, and I always thought that the US Cambridge would be yummy. You may find that they get better as your taste buds adjust.

Yes, Tylenol should be okay, and as for the hair, if you are unlucky enough to get that side effect, it won't come out in clumps...just thin out a bit.

If it does come out in clumps it's highly unlikely to be the diet that's the problem.

What flavours do you get on the US Cambridge diet?

Much nicer ones! I remember looking at it a few months ago and they had coconut bars .... yummy! :D

Hello Miss peach :)

I have always been bigger or so i thought. I had similar eating issues to you and had to visit my doctor every 3 days to prove (by having my electrolytes taken via blood tests) that i was not purging whilst on cambridge. Still overweight but my issue was more of control and not about losing weight it was something i could do. It helped me when i was in pain i would hurt myself in the only way i knew how. It is still a problem sometimes but i find with the sstrictness of cambridge i dont ahve that problem. You know that on only 400 ih calories a day if you make yourslef sick enough....you will die! So its easier to stay in control by following the strictness of the diet. X

Thank you - all of you. The flavors do initially seem tastier than the UK ones. I am holding out hope for the order of strawberry and the soups. I detest these so much that it is a chore to drink them. I've tried everything - freezing, heating, you name it! Finally, I have settled on diluting them so much that the "8-9 oz" serving takes me a couple litres. (Which is good because it helps with making sure I drink enough water, too...)

Tazzi, send me a PM if you would like to be buddies on this diet. It seems as though we have a lot in common. We can help each other through.

And this is so amazing it requires it's own separate post. I am the type of girl who has the problem of giving up if she doesn't see a point. Maintained a strict diet and exercise regimen for several months and lost 1-3 lbs. In that several month span. And I maintain without gaining when I do what I want. So I figured why bother.

I LOST 5 LBS BETWEEN THURSDAY MORNING AND THIS (SATURDAY) AFTERNOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert crazy rampant smilies here; I haven't learned them all yet).

I am so happy right now that I am CRYING! I haven't been this happy in..... well, pretty much EVER! I'm really doing it.... and it is WORKING! This joy is almost equal to the joy I felt at gaining my best friend. I am literally grinning and crying. I never knew losing it would feel THIS good!!!

Back