Period Cravings

rachaelpie

I'm currently having a really painful, heavy period. Sorry for tmi.
Today I must have eaten 2000+ cals as I can't help eating. I'm not hungry or bored but my comfort seems to come from eating rubbish.
Does anyone have any tips or advice? I am currently under hospital observation for my periods as this happens for 2 weeks in every 5. I can't put on weight or stay the same for those 2 weeks :-(

Sorry not much help but I know what you mean by period cravings! I could easily eat a jar of nutella in one sitting when it's that time of the month.

Try making up sugar free jelly and eat that instead, freeze some fruit, make some of the 'free' meals on here. I have found some excellent SW recipes, there's a recipe for a cheese and onion pie that sounds like brilliant comfort food but it's all healthy!

xxx

I wrote a giant post and its gone missing!!

The short version is, is there anything you can use instead of food. I go for my eeyore hot water bottle and a good film. Its so hard, I have suspected pocs, but its managed really well now.

I find it really difficult to stop myself from over eating at this time of the month.... it's so easy to give in! I don't have many healthy ideas, but when i know it's round the corner, i make sure there's plenty of low fat rice-cakes in the kitchen... they're healthier than chocolate, etc.... and last forever!

I get them really bad, too. Blame it on the copper IUD that they parked inside of me :eek:
Try drinking a low calorie Options chocolate drink or having an Alpen Light bar or, of course, a nice fuit salad, this really helps me xx

......"I am currently under hospital observation for my periods as this happens for 2 weeks in every 5. I can't put on weight or stay the same for those 2 weeks :-(......"

Of course I don't know your age, but could it be perimenopause? I am 40 and have very similiar, erratic periods. I have started taking Soya Flavonoids which has a very good effect on my problem. Maybe something you could ask your GP about?
I hope you'll get this sorted xx

Last edited:
Back